Hello Guest

Author Topic: Wood Fired Boiler Install  (Read 58997 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Wood Fired Boiler Install
« on: September 17, 2018, 02:24:45 PM »
Well, folks, never to be stationary long enough to allow grass (Even Kentucky blue grass) to grow under my feet, I started a big home improvement project, installing a wood fired boiler to heat my large home.

I have been thinking about this for years. Last February, I received an electric bill for nearly $750 for one month! That tripped the "need to do something" switch and this is where I arrived. As many of you know I also own a farm with at least 60 acres of timber, and a saw mill which produces a lot of scrap.

My summer electric bill averages right at $200 a month which includes the AC, washer/Dryer, electric stove and hot water heater. I use a heat pump which is marginally effective at heating in zone 5. When it starts falling into the lower 30's there isn't much ambient to grab so the electric heaters fire up and drain my checking account.

With the wood fired boiler, I will now heat 100% with wood. The thing will also make all my hot water, so during the cold months I will only need sparks for washing dirty clothes, watching the TV, cookin' turkeys and keeping myself from stumblin' around in the dark. I should see an electric bill somewhere from $100-$130 ish I estimate.

I selected an EZ Boiler rated to heat a 7500 square foot house. I will use it to also heat both of my garages, something which I have never had in my life! I will only have to command pre-rangers to cut and stack wood to stay as cozy as a bug in a rug.

The project is coming in at around $7000 ish with me doing the installation myself. That makes for a nice opportunity to document the installation for you fence sitters out there thinking about doing the same thing

The company:
https://www.ezboilers.com/

The unit:
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Wood Fired Boiler Install
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 02:35:29 PM »
something from left field......this is definitely interesting!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 03:08:44 PM »
For Christmas, each Pre-ranger will get their own Stihl with strict instructions to not ever set it down when Chief is near a lawn mowing implement and to go forth and blaze a trail or two!  Gun are so Last Year now...... :likebutton:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 05:22:59 PM »

Who are you hiring to dig the trenches? You wouldn't even think of doing that yourself given your track record with equipment would you.... :beercheers:

Good way to get rid of the scraps at the farm. Will the cedar slab wood work ok or burn too fast?
Taking turns filling up the stove or you just get to do it since you changed the heat source.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 05:27:21 PM by Bob/OlallaWa »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 05:35:37 PM »
Nice thing about those is if you get a large enough door you really don’t need to split much wood
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 06:51:07 PM »
Nice thing about those is if you get a large enough door you really don’t need to split much wood

:likebutton:
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 07:08:21 PM »
Definitely interested in this, what with only being about 20 miles away from your house and being all electric as well. Have plenty of Woods around the house to keep it stoked too. I am starting to look into alternatives to the heat pumps, so this is very timely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 07:21:10 PM »
Alot of the farms and houses out in the country have those. They aren't too popular with people who have neighbors nearby as the smoke blows into their place. However, if I ever build a house I'm getting one of those. Digging trenches aren't hard.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 08:27:29 PM »
My wife's cousin heats their place in Montana with one, only problem is deciding which one of them will be feeding it in the morning. I think it takes like 3 ft pieces and for the most part smaller rounds so not much splitting. With the slabs, only need to cut to length and stack near by. Wood smoke, I guess the neighbors will get used to it or not. Not as bad as summer and the forest fire smoke all around.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 06:34:22 AM »
Alot of the farms and houses out in the country have those. They aren't too popular with people who have neighbors nearby as the smoke blows into their place. However, if I ever build a house I'm getting one of those. Digging trenches aren't hard.

A lot of places like what I envision Don to have as a home place have restrictions on them that they need to have stacks a certain height to get smoke above neighbors.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 08:18:35 AM »
Nice project! Echo what Bobby said that up here in MN there are many of those and they work great even in 20 below weather. Lots of shops with in floor heat run those also.

Plus added bonus you can position it so that your favorite liberal neighbor is downwind and can enjoy the aroma.  :beercheers:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 09:22:21 AM »
Cedar might burn to hot and fast to be efficient.  Another important factor in determining the correct wood selection will be which species will leave the most ash behind for you to clean up.  I am guessing you will not want to burn cedar slabs without stripping the bark off for this reason but the larger burners are more efficient so maybe it won't be an issue.  My uncle has one that appears to be of similar size.  His also takes about 3 foot pieces.  Anything that is too small to go for lumber is small enough to go in the burner.  I think he is able to fill it up once and it will last all day except for on the coldest of winter days when the high never gets above 0 F.  He has converted old wagon running gear to stack wood on so he can pull the wagon right up in front of the burner to fire-up from.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 09:39:16 AM »

Who are you hiring to dig the trenches? You wouldn't even think of doing that yourself given your track record with equipment would you.... :beercheers:

Good way to get rid of the scraps at the farm. Will the cedar slab wood work ok or burn too fast?
Taking turns filling up the stove or you just get to do it since you changed the heat source.
Bob,

So here's what I learned about this particuliar transfer conduit. It only looses like one degree per 75 feet. There is no real need to bury it at all, more for astetics than anything. There are some hot water transfer tubing that is inferior and will heat the ground and would benefit from being buried, but not this stuff.

So the location I am settling on at the moment is only about five feet from the house. I have a drive through garage with a preexisting concrete pad on the outlet door. I figure I'll drop the big box right there, then run the stack of firewood down the inside wall of the garage. So I'll have maybe 10-15 feet of the conduit laying in the flowerbed, then it's inside of the house.

Right now I plan to run two circuits. Number one will be to the hot water heater then to the main air handler then out to her garage heater.

Loop number two will be to the upstairs air handler, then on to my garage, then back to the boiler.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 09:42:20 AM »
You might want to check with your insurance provider on how close to the house the burner can be.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »
It has a 24" X 24" door, so it will take full tree trunk logs. And you're right, no need to split the wood. Just cut to length and chuck it in.

During cold KY days I may have to load it once at 0800, then again at 2000. Normally, however I hear it will go 18 hours, maybe more, so you would just load it a bit fuller and catch it once a day during the moderate days which we have a preponderance of here

Mikey, Chainsaws for all...Great idea!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 09:44:38 AM »
Definitely interested in this, what with only being about 20 miles away from your house and being all electric as well. Have plenty of Woods around the house to keep it stoked too. I am starting to look into alternatives to the heat pumps, so this is very timely.

Dave, call Tim, he is gearing up to deliver two now to this area. You may well be able to get on the delivery with mine.

Tim is a stand up guy so far. He delivers this 1800 lb monstrosity for free!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 09:47:14 AM »
Oh, and he requires no down payment, just your word. Then when he delivers it, if you like it you can pay for it, if not, well, he will just deliver it to someone else who wants one.

I gave him the list of sizes for the four heat exchangers I am purchasing and he already ordered the stuff to be drop shipped directly to my home...And I haven't given him a single penny yet.

I am so happy to be dealing with such a stand up person in this day of chinese built junk, credit checks and distrust.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 09:48:42 AM »
Nice project! Echo what Bobby said that up here in MN there are many of those and they work great even in 20 below weather. Lots of shops with in floor heat run those also.

Plus added bonus you can position it so that your favorite liberal neighbor is downwind and can enjoy the aroma:beercheers:
Nice...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 09:50:48 AM »

Plus added bonus you can position it so that your favorite liberal neighbor is downwind and can enjoy the aroma.  :beercheers:
Nice...
Cedar might burn to hot and fast to be efficient.  Another important factor in determining the correct wood selection will be which species will leave the most ash behind for you to clean up.  I am guessing you will not want to burn cedar slabs without stripping the bark off for this reason but the larger burners are more efficient so maybe it won't be an issue.  My uncle has one that appears to be of similar size.  His also takes about 3 foot pieces.  Anything that is too small to go for lumber is small enough to go in the burner.  I think he is able to fill it up once and it will last all day except for on the coldest of winter days when the high never gets above 0 F.  He has converted old wagon running gear to stack wood on so he can pull the wagon right up in front of the burner to fire-up from.
Copy that. I think I'll be burning mostly ash for the next couple years. There are thousands of standing dead ash trees here recently killed by the emerald ash borer. In my neighborhood, I figure I'll offer a free tree removal service and pigeon hole the logs to heat me casa

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 12:00:16 PM »

Don, if you are stacking wood in or near your house or garage, watch out for bugs. They get started in the structure they can eat you  right out of a house.

The place you bought the stove from should know the placement rules for the county. Insurance agent, I agree would be a good call to make and maybe a statement in writing back to you would be good to have.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 12:03:53 PM »
Folks, you won't believe this, but FedEx just delivered the heat exchangers, pumps, and insulated PEX line

From Wisconsin in less than 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 01:06:47 PM »
Time to get to work and take good pics along the way,  check to be sure the camera is good to go.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 02:59:02 PM »
do you have a backhoe on one of those green machines?  how are you digging the lines to the house?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 03:05:05 PM »
do you have a backhoe on one of those green machines?  how are you digging the lines to the house?
Not going to bury them I think

Boiler only has to be five feet from the house, so what 7-8 feet of insulated line? I should be fine

I have read quite a bit on this already, and many others left the lines exposed for a year or more and the unit worked just fine. Heat loss is almost non existent.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 04:40:42 PM »

Boiler only has to be five feet from the house, so what 7-8 feet of insulated line? I should be fine

I have read quite a bit on this already, and many others left the lines exposed for a year or more and the unit worked just fine. Heat loss is almost non existent.

7 to 8 foot and you aren’t going to bury the lines? Really?  :rolleyes:

Rent a trencher for two hours from HD if your knee is too jacked up to trench that far or the boys are too busy with football....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 06:55:04 PM »

7 to 8 foot and you aren’t going to bury the lines? Really?  :rolleyes:

Rent a trencher for two hours from HD if your knee is too jacked up to trench that far or the boys are too busy with football....
It's not that, its the location. Where a concrete pad meets a bridge walkway beside a AC condenser. Simply no real way to dig it in.

It will be fine

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »
Copy, I understand.....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2018, 08:18:32 PM »
Not quite that involved, but for a guy with perpetual sore knees, might as well be!  :shocked:

Offline DDS

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 06:58:32 AM »
Did you ever look into a wood gasification unit? little to no ash to clean up & can be 2X more efficient, but can only take seasoned hardwood.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 09:13:36 AM »
Did you ever look into a wood gasification unit? little to no ash to clean up & can be 2X more efficient, but can only take seasoned hardwood.
I did
They don't work very well

The folks that sell them do not like nor trust them.

Unlike the regular units like the one I own, conditions need to be optimal for them to work. Get slightly damp wood at a critical deep freeze and you are going to be without heat.

It's also interesting to note that although they advertise being ultra clean burning, the boiler owner needs to routinely scrub out the gass tubes and channels to remove scale which quickly reduces efficiency. None of that going on in a standard boiler

and

Here's your biggest clue

The EPA outlawed the "Normal" units requiring manufacturers to produce only gasification units for wood

Now lets think about it, when has the EPA ever made decisions that helped efficiency or were wise???

Diesel particulate filter: Fail, don't work
Diesel exhaust fluid: Can cause engine failure, causes engines to pump out noxious clouds of steam
Clean Coal: Drove up energy costs by nearly 100%, did not reduce particulate count by very much at all
EGR: Causes diesel engines to go into limp mode, can choke the intake tract to clog up
Electric cars: Produce batteries which are super poisonous heavy metal waste which needs to be sealed prior to filling up landfills

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2018, 04:57:01 PM »
So, spending some time looking at the physical layout of the system

It divides out quite well into two circuits

Circuit 1
           This will include the lower air handler 20 X 20 heat exchanger
           the 20 plate H20 water heater
           the small garage 50'000btu heater

Circuit 2
           The upper air handler 18 X 20 heat exchanger
            the main garage 100,000 btu heater

Now comes the mechanics of the actual routing of the pex lines, placement of items, fittings, valves and things like that

I am thinking I am going to place a lot of valves in the system so that I could, for example, close the inlet/outlet valves for an item to be able to remove it for maintenance.

I'm off to the farm for some work, but upon return the happiness begins

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2018, 04:58:03 PM »
I will add a high flow circulation pump to each circuit capable of moving the water up several stories without protest

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2018, 05:07:58 PM »
Don, my welder had one of these (a large one like yours) and he started with two separate runs. Granted he was heating a 40 x 60 insulated shop too however in the end as you don’t want your garage, shop or work space overly warm what he did was ran it to the house heat exchanger first then in return to wood burner he ran the water through the exchanger to the shop. It kept the shop comfortable. This way worked best for his situation, something to consider maybe.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2018, 06:15:54 PM »
Don, my welder had one of these (a large one like yours) and he started with two separate runs. Granted he was heating a 40 x 60 insulated shop too however in the end as you don’t want your garage, shop or work space overly warm what he did was ran it to the house heat exchanger first then in return to wood burner he ran the water through the exchanger to the shop. It kept the shop comfortable. This way worked best for his situation, something to consider maybe.
That is exactly how I plan to route the lines

Circuit 1 goes from boiler to the 20 X 20 HE to the 20 plate hot water heater then to the garage heater. Tim tells me the 180 degree water will be down to around 130 when it reaches the garage air handler, plenty enough to keep that room toasty.

Circuit 2 will go to the smaller air handler 18 X 20 first, then on to the 100,000 BTU big garage (30 X 36 X 12) heater.

Luckily for me, there is a lot of experience out there that is readily available that I am reading.

Offline DDS

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 06:54:48 AM »
That is exactly how I plan to route the lines

Circuit 1 goes from boiler to the 20 X 20 HE to the 20 plate hot water heater then to the garage heater. Tim tells me the 180 degree water will be down to around 130 when it reaches the garage air handler, plenty enough to keep that room toasty.

Circuit 2 will go to the smaller air handler 18 X 20 first, then on to the 100,000 BTU big garage (30 X 36 X 12) heater.

Luckily for me, there is a lot of experience out there that is readily available that I am reading.

If you need any assistance, ask away. I've been a licensed plumber for 20+ years

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2018, 08:32:28 AM »
Interesting idea,   In Utah you can only burn at certain times in fireplaces,  I don’t know how this type of system would work.   

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2018, 12:51:09 AM »
single source of heat does help with when you can burn. And he is in the shadows of the earth

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2018, 11:52:40 AM »
Interesting idea,   In Utah you can only burn at certain times in fireplaces,  I don’t know how this type of system would work.   

That would be counter productive for sure. You need to keep the coals stoked during the whole of the cool months. That and there are not a huge quantity of trees in Utah like here in the tuck.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2018, 12:01:09 PM »
Don, is the unit set up for burning coal? Kind of dirty to store but wouldn't it hold fire longer if you were going to be away for a day or so?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2018, 06:36:03 PM »
Don, is the unit set up for burning coal? Kind of dirty to store but wouldn't it hold fire longer if you were going to be away for a day or so?
Yes, Bob, Coal or wood

Coal is not free, but my wood is, so that's my pick!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2018, 06:55:34 PM »
OK plumbers render an opinion for me

Getting ready to start installing the various pieces of the wood boiler inside the house part of the system.

I will be using 1" PEX to transfer the hot water. PEX is rated to 200F and the water it will transport will start its journey at 180F then as heat is siphoned off will end somewhere around 110-120F I would imagine.

From everything I have read the regular PEX is fine for this application. The only warnings I see is to stay away from Chinese manufacture. Ploy PEX draws its strength from a cross linking of the poly molecules. This cross linking process occurs over a 12 hour process where the plastic is kept at (I think) 120F. From what I have read the Chinese will oftentimes just extrude the poly and package the tube up and ship it off for installation into Dave's new house.

So, I'll pick up some high quality (Expensive) US made PEX and begin with a 200 or 300 foot roll of that.

Specifically, I am seeking advice on the attachment method of the line to the fittings. I can buy fittings that the tube is pressed onto and grabs all by itself through barbed flanges. I can also use the standard PEX fittings and use a hose clamp, a specially designed PEX stainless clamp that one uses special pliers to install, or I could use the crush rings I have so often used in the past for the 1/2" and 3/4" applications.

Finally there are shark-bite fittings that one simply inserts the PEX line into a fitting containing an O-ring and teeth which simply capture the line and seal it with the rubber gasket.

My inclination is to use the stainless rings which are squeezed to proper tightness with the special pliers, but no decisions have been made. THe installation begins tomorrow!

Offline DDS

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2018, 08:02:18 AM »
OK plumbers render an opinion for me

Getting ready to start installing the various pieces of the wood boiler inside the house part of the system.

I will be using 1" PEX to transfer the hot water. PEX is rated to 200F and the water it will transport will start its journey at 180F then as heat is siphoned off will end somewhere around 110-120F I would imagine.

From everything I have read the regular PEX is fine for this application. The only warnings I see is to stay away from Chinese manufacture. Ploy PEX draws its strength from a cross linking of the poly molecules. This cross linking process occurs over a 12 hour process where the plastic is kept at (I think) 120F. From what I have read the Chinese will oftentimes just extrude the poly and package the tube up and ship it off for installation into Dave's new house.

So, I'll pick up some high quality (Expensive) US made PEX and begin with a 200 or 300 foot roll of that.

Specifically, I am seeking advice on the attachment method of the line to the fittings. I can buy fittings that the tube is pressed onto and grabs all by itself through barbed flanges. I can also use the standard PEX fittings and use a hose clamp, a specially designed PEX stainless clamp that one uses special pliers to install, or I could use the crush rings I have so often used in the past for the 1/2" and 3/4" applications.

Finally there are shark-bite fittings that one simply inserts the PEX line into a fitting containing an O-ring and teeth which simply capture the line and seal it with the rubber gasket.

My inclination is to use the stainless rings which are squeezed to proper tightness with the special pliers, but no decisions have been made. THe installation begins tomorrow!

Don
sorry for just responding. This is the sole brand of Pex I use. I just actually went to a 2 day course on their new products which is why I didn't respond sooner. I use nothing but Viega products. the tubing is made in Kansas I believe. They use a stainless ring that gets crimped on. I use their tubing & fittings.
https://www.viega.us/en/products/Spare-parts/Viega-FostaPEX-tubing-2805US.html
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 08:05:40 AM by DDS »

Online Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2018, 08:28:52 AM »
Special tool but I would go with the PEX fittings.  It is never bad to have another tool.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2018, 10:55:27 PM »
Well, the information came in a bit late (After the fact) as I have already purchased a lot of stuff, PEX included

I'll post a pic of that coil later on

So today after looking at everything and sizing it all up, I got started on the lower level plumbing

First lets look at the 20 plate heat exchanger for the hot water heater. THis thing will do all the water heating in the (electric) water heater. Since the working temp of the wood fired boiler of 180F that will be cut back ten or more degrees after first running through a heat exchanger, I am looking at water that is significantly warmer that the electric element has produced for 10 years now.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2018, 10:57:05 PM »
I will be using 1" PEX for the entire wood fired boiler system. These fittings are 1" NPT with the pex style flanged nipple

These things cost nearly $5 ea!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2018, 10:57:48 PM »
I am using the recommended fitting dope to best seal the threads

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2018, 10:59:51 PM »
The plate heat exchanger is fitted with two of the PEX fittings on the hot water side from the boiler, and two 1" to 3/4" bushings with a nipple and a CPVC fitting on the other. These ports are where the cold water flowing into the water heater will be routed.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2018, 11:01:16 PM »
One side of the supply to the heater is fitted with approved heater flexible braided hose. This will screw directly into the water heater in time

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2018, 11:02:01 PM »
The unit is supplied with mounting brackets

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2018, 11:03:26 PM »
So, I'll pick a place near the water heater and not far from the air handler to keep the water lines shorter

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal