Hello Guest

Author Topic: Afghanistan failure from our civilian leadership in government  (Read 421 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I spent five years in Afghanistan. I worked RC South mostly, but did combat missions like raids in the three other regional commands as well. Everyone knew the Afghan military was a joke. We flushed $2T down the toilet, lost over 2,000 folks and had another 20.000 wounded. (Something there with the twos??)

Biden didn't care that the Afghan Army couldn't hold. He just wanted out. Hey, we all wanted out. But show me a major league football team who takes 10-12 plays advancing the ball from the 20 all the way to the opposing 5 yard line, and then just walks the ball back to their own 20 again.

The failure in Afghanistan was not of the warriors. They performed with courage, diligence, precision, were persistent, and for the most part did it all right. Our political leadership failed to complete the mission. Our political left created a decade long environment where this WOKE thing took root and flourished. Political leaders tossed gritty warriors and replaced them with Green new ideas and transvestites. They filled our military with goals other than protecting our nation.

We should abandon Afghanistan, I agree with that. Nothing there, except for some mineral resources. The peoples there are stuck in the middle ages. Women, abuse, rape, just rampant stupidity and so much of all of it that it conspires to defy fixing.

We should not nation build. IT is just a dark corner of the earth, leave it, put an anchor fence around all of it and check the lock once every five years.

But we should not have abandoned the place. Bagram and Kandahar were big US bases. The British had a huge base called Bastion. We could have kept SOF and jets with bombs there. If we had continued to support the Afghan Army with aircraft, they would not have cut and run. It was always the threat and use of air power that turned the tide for ground personnel. But Biden pulled that, so a tribal people lost their white shining knight.

This is a castrophe. It is a political blunder the likes of which none of us alive have ever witnessed before. There is no category of bad that completely describes what happened and continues to happen there.

We should consider marching on Washington and removing this sitting government.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline oldkoot

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Afghanistan failure from our civilian leadership in government
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 10:35:04 AM »
Yes 20 years of protecting poppy fields is going up in smoke. The loss of life is bad...upsetting. The rest....meh.

Biden is a clown, and so is most our military leadership in that theater.... this isn't news.

Offline oldkoot

• Registered
    • View Profile

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal