Hello Guest

Author Topic: for don  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
for don
« on: February 07, 2015, 08:52:41 PM »
just out of curiosity, were you forced to listen to this at all?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=boots+boots+boots+marching+up+and+down+again
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: for don
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 08:51:27 AM »
I wasn't a part of the confederate army, Nate...

Someday it's coming to you, you'll be talking about the 155mm's in the afghan war...and some kid, an E-7.25 (Sergeant first class with the gay boy merit badge) will say, What's that?? We are using the 40 mega watt plasma pulse gun with the improved pink barrels! 

And you'll be wonderin' where the time went!

;-))
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 06:57:51 PM »
I think that's already part of the new Call of Duty video game and according to doc Brown that's 1.25 gigawats!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 09:42:13 PM »
actually, I was reading an article from some jet jockey that went thru SERE school in like 84-85 up in Vermont or maine.  he was saying that that was pumped thru a PA system for something like 3 days.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 09:51:03 PM »
actually, I was reading an article from some jet jockey that went thru SERE school in like 84-85 up in Vermont or maine.  he was saying that that was pumped thru a PA system for something like 3 days.
I know that school Nate
We had one of two choices for SERE
Bragg (Camp Mackall) or Maine. They are the only "Level C" courses. folks in my old alma madder had to get through a level C course, not the Air Force cub scout course. And now that you mentioned it, that is where I remember that Boots...Boots...Boots from

Now I see where you were going with that...sorry

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 07:32:30 AM »
Ill see if I can find that article and ill send you the link, if you want it?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 09:22:00 AM »
Ill see if I can find that article and ill send you the link, if you want it?
Nah...thanks anyway

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 10:58:47 AM »
I completely understand

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 06:29:03 PM »
When I was in reception at Benning. Someone fell asleep on fire watch or something and the entire battalion was woken up! Some 450 of us and marched in our white marshmallow suits to the PT sand pit where they proceeded to smoke us until daylight. The commander of the reception bat put an end to it was the scuttle butt because we had somewheres around twenty joes injured or quit. It was freezing cold and raining like a SOB! On our March back to the CTA, a big burly bull chested tabbed drill simply had us chant "Boots" every time our left foot hit the ground! When we all fell into step and in cadence I remember feeling like I couldn't imagine being anywhere better! The rain and the dim street lights and all the buzzed heads made me think of the Jews being marched to their death, but in contrast we were being marched to train to fight for the oppressed... Was a quite profound moment in my life!
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal