Hello Guest

Author Topic: Calling things by their right & proper names.  (Read 3596 times)

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
Calling things by their right & proper names.
« on: January 17, 2017, 09:24:13 AM »
“The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.”
― Confucius

I am not on social media with the exception of a page for my patch designs which does have a feed that reminds me how much i dont miss social media and hate the way gun owners think.

case in point: someone who follows someone who follows someone i follow posted some meme about MLK being denied a carry PERMIT then claimed democrats are against out RIGHTS.

I'm sick of this crap. A permit, despite what the NRA says is NOT a right. Its a permit. permission. permissible. and said permission to your "right" is revocable at any time for any millions of reasons.
The NRA pushes this crap, so does the gun world at large. It's equated with "freedom" and any other buzz word that will keep sales rolling. I've even beared witness to someone claiming obama was coming after our "semi-auto gun rights".

Let's stop candy coating things and call things by their right and proper names.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Calling things by their right & proper names.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 09:35:09 AM »
OK...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 09:56:17 AM »
Just agree, thats all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 09:59:48 AM »
Point if order here:

I don't worry or get too wrapped up about things these days
I just make my requests known to the Lord, then move out smartly knowing he has this
Thereby avoiding the worry part
Result: I'm happy or content most of the time

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 10:06:04 AM »
Point if order here:

I don't worry or get too wrapped up about things these days
I just make my requests known to the Lord, then move out smartly knowing he has this
Thereby avoiding the worry part
Result: I'm happy or content most of the time

i am with you. but i was drinking coffee and in a bad mood, so i needed to rant.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 10:07:15 AM »
NW

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »
alrighty then... ;0
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

OldKooT

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 11:39:41 AM »
The right to free speech, the right to bear arms, the right to a fair trial, the right to vote, the right to practice your faith....

Permit: A violation of your rights if regarding the above and many others.

I agree lets call things what they are.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 12:16:12 PM »
You mean, we don't be PC??

:likebutton:

Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 01:59:08 PM »
The right to free speech, the right to bear arms, the right to a fair trial, the right to vote, the right to practice your faith....

Permit: A violation of your rights if regarding the above and many others.

I agree lets call things what they are.

is voting a right? i've always thought it fell under the same umbrella as healthcare and all the other "rights" the bolsheviks have thought up over the years.
Equal Opportunity Hater

OldKooT

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 02:31:37 PM »
It's certainly a right...under a variety of Amendment's 15th,19th,23rd,24th,26th come to mind. My memory is not spot on with age, and it's been a while since 6th grade when I learned all that. 

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 02:38:17 PM »
It's certainly a right...under a variety of Amendment's 15th,19th,23rd,24th,26th come to mind. My memory is not spot on with age, and it's been a while since 6th grade when I learned all that.

gotcha. thanks.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 03:21:12 PM »
Call it by it's proper name... education

Root basis of conduct for the United States of America = Constitution and the Bill of Rights with later Amendments

http://www.ushistory.org/documents/amendments.htm

Stewie, Ask your wife if she supports the 19th Amendment. LOL

Also key to most modern conversations is:
in·fringe·ment
inˈfrinjmənt/
noun
noun: infringement; plural noun: infringements

the action of breaking the terms of a law, agreement, etc.; violation.
    "copyright infringement"
    the action of limiting or undermining something.
    "the infringement of the right to privacy"

If you have a right and someone, anyone, or government infringes on that right, there is a problem.

Next one would be:
in·cre·men·tal·ism
ˌiNGkrəˈmen(t)lˌizəm/
noun
noun: incrementalism

belief in or advocacy of change by degrees; gradualism.

This is what has happened over the past  100 to 1000 years depending on your perspective.
Example: When I was young I use to be able to have a gun in my gun rack in the back of my pickup and drive it to High School... no harm no foul. Now you would get thrown out of school and called all sorts of names.

Was it the inanimate gun that changed over 40 years or the degradation of society.... Hmmm me thinks the later.

As far as gun owners on this site... can I see a show of hands....  :shocked:  yep  most if not all of them...

And as far as semi auto confiscation... look no further than Washington State right now.. not tin foil hat stuff... actual laws proposed.. HR2354.

Here you go... http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2015-16/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/2354.pdf
Feel free to thumb down to page 5 row 25 where is defines "Assault" weapon. See anything on there that some on this site might own... Yep.. pretty much everything.

So it isn't all Obama... but plenty on the libtardian left that would be more than happy to infringe on any and all rights they don't agree with. 

Oh and by the way.. None of the Rights or Amendments have a higher value than the other. They are all EQUAL in there standing. So if you believe in one... like freedom of speech.. then you must value all.

Or not..  :facepalm:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 03:46:21 PM »
good points. believe it or not my mrs. stewie hates how the government draws everything down the lines of sex and race. she does not play identity politics one bit

Example: When I was young I use to be able to have a gun in my gun rack in the back of my pickup and drive it to High School... no harm no foul. Now you would get thrown out of school and called all sorts of names.

no, you'd be arrested and charged with terrorism. I knew a kid who was suspended for a week because he was shooting the day before and have a .22lr casing in the cuff of his pants that he wore the day he went shooting and the day he went to school. a casing.
Equal Opportunity Hater

OldKooT

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 04:19:37 PM »
Depends where you live. No one here would question a rifle or shotgun in a pickup near school. In fact it's well known if you have either' you just park on the street to avoid any hassle.

Last week I was at the courthouse and counted 27 visible rifles at the courthouse square in pickups. I am sure there were many more not visible. Most were hunting rifles if you will, but there were a half dozen loaded for bear Ar's. Since we can legally have loaded weapons in our vehicles, most that have a use for a rifle in their pickup, have at least one.

Wander up into the sand-hills sometime, I have seen rifle racks in school buses. Believe or not, marksmanship is still a gym class in many areas.

The above said, just as many don't have weapons. Most here that do carry them have a use for them...Ie: ranch/farm type lifestyles.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 04:28:09 PM »
Even here if they tried to discipline my kid for a casing I would tell them show me the law or code. My boyd have done it but I advise them not to. Many of the so called laws now are based on feelings vs intent.

I remember the days of throwing the 10/22 in the window. Then my dads was stolen and its been out of sight since then.

Speaking of guns in schools, have you guys heard about the range in a school basement in NY? Been fine for around 50 years but someone "heard" about it and made a big stink. They were going to be shut down but I believe they got a reprieve.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

OldKooT

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 04:40:05 PM »
 I don't leave mine in the window personally...that said, it's a unwritten rule you don't mess with a fellas pickup or his weapons. It's just not healthy to do so....and honestly I can't remember the last time I heard of someones guns being stolen from a truck. I will have to ask some local LEO's next time I see one, and see if that's really a thing.

A indoor school range would make sense back in the day...especially in a city.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 05:24:27 PM »
good points. believe it or not my mrs. stewie hates how the government draws everything down the lines of sex and race. she does not play identity politics one bit

This wasn't about identify politics, it was about her right to vote. Without the 19th Amendment she wouldn't be able to.  :beercheers:

But then again... she might not need, want, or actually vote... cool for her... but maybe not for other females.

But now that you got me thinking... maybe that was when all of this went off the rails... Hmmmm  :facepalm:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 05:42:23 PM »
Even here if they tried to discipline my kid for a casing I would tell them show me the law or code. My boyd have done it but I advise them not to. Many of the so called laws now are based on feelings vs intent.

I remember the days of throwing the 10/22 in the window. Then my dads was stolen and its been out of sight since then.

Speaking of guns in schools, have you guys heard about the range in a school basement in NY? Been fine for around 50 years but someone "heard" about it and made a big stink. They were going to be shut down but I believe they got a reprieve.

We still have one in my District at one of the 3 HS Campuses, in the basement......used to have a rifle club and ROTC to boot.  Closed down sometime post Vietnam- now filled with junk storage, but plating and target pullies still in place!  Needless to say, I'm not allowed in there  :sad:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 07:26:16 PM »
I don't leave mine in the window personally...that said, it's a unwritten rule you don't mess with a fellas pickup or his weapons. It's just not healthy to do so....and honestly I can't remember the last time I heard of someones guns being stolen from a truck. I will have to ask some local LEO's next time I see one, and see if that's really a thing.

A indoor school range would make sense back in the day...especially in a city.

i had one stolen from my car. not a good feeling at all.
we homeschool my daughter. when she is old enough, she'll have a "fieldstripping an ar 101" as part of her curriculum.
they're taught how to become social activists and degenerates in schools these days. I prefer teaching my princess life skills.
Equal Opportunity Hater

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal