Hello Guest

Author Topic: Satellite Radio COMMERCIALS  (Read 995 times)

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Satellite Radio COMMERCIALS
« on: February 21, 2017, 09:52:20 PM »
So Ive had XM radio for a while, left and came back a few times with different vehicles and what not.  Any how I have noticed an 80% increase in commercials during these paid programs.  All I hear about is credit card/tax debt relief, appliance insurance, lasic surgery.... Well Im over it.  I called them up and asked (like I would get a straight answer) what was up with this so called no commercial programming.

Well of course they are trained to never even say the word commercial.  They instead reference it as "programming". And try to act like they dont know what your talking about.  I asked if they could show me in the fine print why this is allowed and again no real answer. 

On hold for a few minutes to "check on things" and come back with a discounted year if I pay up front....Well I was ticked off at this point, they are trying to make a sale as I call in as an unhappy customer.  They really are used to talking to dummy's I guess.  I dont mind negotiation one bit so I counter.  I told them unless they fess up and just say , Ya we throw in some paid advertisement to pay the bills, I quit.  At this point I just wanted the truth from them.  HA partly just to see what they come up with as an answer.  They are trained politicians.  No real answers. 

Well, I never did get an answer but they "escalated the matter" to a higher level.  Ya we know that wont accomplish anything.  I ended up winning out the negotiation with a few free months and a discounted rate. 

Gotta love they know what is happening and they will do everything they can to go around it even by throwing a bone to make it go away!  Sounds crooked to me, even if I got something for it.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Satellite Radio COMMERCIALS
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:09:48 PM »
Haha....well you know what to do when the discount period is up....call them back and do it again.

I just re-upped my wife's XM service (her trial version ran out on her new car)....I signed up online based on the version I wanted....but turns out I was using a Sirius channel guide not XM (even though the material I had from the dealer said I had Sirius)....it took a few times and calls to figure this out and I was pretty steamed....took me about an hour to figure out what was going on...I had prepaid a year....they gave me the full service (every channel) and refunded me $65 or something. So it's like $40 for a full year of everything. I certainly appreciate that, but I might be so inclined to "ask more questions" next time I have to pay.

I did that with my cable bill before I moved it to Verizon FIOS. I had the bundled everything with them- landline, tv and internet. FIOS was being offered near me (but not actually on my street yet as I have underground services), but I called the cable co and asked if they would meet the price....yep....they did....six months go by, I decide to see if I can do even better, called them and said I got a flyer offering me bundled everything for $60 a month or something (I just totally made up the amount)....cable company response? "Absolutely....we'll meet that price...." you just have to ask/demand and you'll be surprised what you can get.

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:26:11 PM »
I agree, you can easily be surprised what you can get if you ask the right questions or apply just the right pressure in the right place.  I have to admit, I may do it for a little bit of sport. I do the same thing with my wife's onstar, every year I call to cancel and end up getting a cheaper rate.  :cool:

Nice that your cable co matches rates.  We have Hughsnet internet because we out there and there isn't anything that resembles real internet, but its coming finally with a ton of new big expensive neighborhoods sprouting up around.  Worries me a little but hopefully my prop value will increase, unless they all default of their new big mortgages.  ANYWAY, Hughsnet does not budge a bit.  So I guess it ain't all fun and games.  I cannot wait to fire them by the way. (Contracted) :facepalm:
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 10:34:15 PM »
Yup seemed like I could only do it once I had the alternative near me. But it might not hurt to see if those neighborhoods have an alternative via phone. Find out if that provider is offering any deals to folks there to sign up and see if Hughes will match it. I couldn't get FIOS when I first got the cable co to match their price. ..it was a couple of streets away but the service person I talked to didn't know that. Course I played the "I've always appreciated your service and don't want to change but times are tough and I have to watch every penny and I'm really hoping you can match their price....."  :wink:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 07:23:27 AM »
Programming is when XM pays a fee/royalty/salary to air material. Advertising is when someone pays to have their material aired. Perhaps a lesson in definition is in order for the folks at XM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 10:40:25 AM »
I've noticed the increase as well...
However comma
I haven't paid for mine in about 9 or 10 years.
Back then, through similar conversations they were able to do a lifetime membership.
So it was so cheap (read 300 bucks or something stupid like that) I took it.
Still working all these years later.

Just another bone for you guys to try to get thrown, I don't know if they do it any more or not.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal