Hello Guest

Author Topic: How are you celebrating Easter this year?  (Read 635 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
How are you celebrating Easter this year?
« on: April 15, 2022, 06:28:45 PM »
Our church, a big one, has asked the normal members to please not go to the Sunday Easter service. Even though there are over 1000 seats in the main sanctuary we wouldn't have room for all the "Christers." Our Easter services started Friday night (tonight). Tomorrow there are several services and I think they have one big one planned for Sunday. Out of the several offered on Saturday, we selected the 1500 service to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus this year.

We are going to go to the one hour 1500 service, then return home to our house and eat a big Easter dinner. Following that we will host an Easter egg hunt in our 2.5 acre yard. I think Kat has a couple thousand eggs for me to put out. Today I mowed and picked up a ton of things from the lawn. We put candy or coins inside the eggs. This year I am putting a silver one dollar coin in one egg (Value around $20 I think) as the grand prize. I hope a younger child finds it.

The church has gone totally insane. They are going to do a 10,000 Easter egg drop from a couple of helicopters at a baseball field for hundreds of kids. That should be pretty cool!

So, what are all of you planning to do?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 06:31:39 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
Re: How are you celebrating Easter this year?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 11:49:53 PM »
We went to Good Friday service this evening and had the Lord's supper. Tomorrow starts off at 09:30 with Easter egg unit for the kids at church while the adults will in in prayer at the station of the cross. Should be done around 12:30 get home and pick up a large ham and some other fixing to take over to the ladies at the wife'ssoberliving house. Sunday morning starts at 08:30 Tammy will be signing in all 3 services, not sure how that will go her tremors had her going this evening after just our one service. We will get home around 13:00 and the kids should be down for sometime before we all go out to the in laws for an early dinner at 16:00 plan on being home around 19:00. The family only has 2 young kids so the Easter egg hunt won't be to big.

Leading up to today I have been reading John gospel of Jesus wk to the cross, was asked to share a story of something that has happen in my life to tie to Jesus love for us and read some of John this evening at church with the words of our pastor caused a lot of reflection on my part. I sure don't deserve what Christ did for me but I am so very thankful that he did.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 12:17:32 PM »
I think I know something of which you just might share...

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 01:03:26 PM »
I think I know something of which you just might share...
You just may

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2022, 07:27:09 PM »
I’m not going to hijack this thread(much) but I would ask you to consider how you get three days and three nights from Friday to Sunday.

And where the Easter bunny and eggs come from.  Pagan fertility goddesses and ceremonies that the Roman church had to conscript to please the peoples they were trying to convert.

This forum is not mine so I rely on the kindness of its curator and our general tolerance for other ideas.

I don’t celebrate Easter but I do celebrate the death of Christ for my sins by the observing of the table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 10:05:14 PM »
I’m not going to hijack this thread(much) but I would ask you to consider how you get three days and three nights from Friday to Sunday.

And where the Easter bunny and eggs come from.  Pagan fertility goddesses and ceremonies that the Roman church had to conscript to please the peoples they were trying to convert.

This forum is not mine so I rely on the kindness of its curator and our general tolerance for other ideas.

I don’t celebrate Easter but I do celebrate the death of Christ for my sins by the observing of the table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tex, we're good. Each to their own
Really...Each of us is to interpret the word and test it for truth.
And although I do realize that man has intervened heavily in the interpretation of the word, I do at my core, believe the holy spirit is alive in the pages of the text.
I would not want to disagree with a fellow believer, as I think that would only serve satan in breaking down the church. Instead I think there is much common ground to be found. I'd say I know what I know because, as cliché as it may sound, I just know.

Halliugha, Christ lives in heaven and will soon come back to reign over all of the earth.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 09:01:45 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 08:04:34 AM »
He has Risen

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2022, 10:35:34 AM »
He has Risen

Risen indeed
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2022, 09:11:07 PM »
We went to church with grandma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal