Hello Guest

Author Topic: Building a 6.5 AR platform.  (Read 369 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Building a 6.5 AR platform.
« on: June 11, 2023, 01:47:38 AM »
Picked up a Bear Creek AR upper in 6.5 creedmore. Price was to good to pass up (under $300) Mixed reviews, mostly older uppers though. Right hand cocking so bench shooting is easier.

Then last week I saw Primary Arms had a blem special for long range scopes. Then they had a LE/milt discount so one found its way to me also with mount.

I have lowers and got 100 rounds for under $100 via ammo seek sent to NV. Now need a good bipod, may try an above barrel mount this time.

What happens at the ridge, stays at the ridge. Pics to follow, for some reason not getting pics from cell right now.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Building a 6.5 AR platform.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2023, 12:55:33 PM »
Couple pics. 22inch fluted heavy barrel, M lock, full rail.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 09:22:53 PM »
 :likebutton:
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 10:18:04 PM »
Turrets are a little stiff as well zoom. Really clear though and illumination is good. Caps are a nice bonus.

Need another 10 lower and decide on the bipod. Flash hider is nice, but think a comp would be better.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal