PERSONAL READINESS > Hide Site

Hide Site/Bug-out location Construction, Part 4

<< < (195/195)

Armalite:

--- Quote from: Flyin6 on August 11, 2017, 11:34:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: Armalite on August 11, 2017, 09:47:56 AM ---and on the rock slides you built....

That is clean washed rock.  No fines in it.  If you want compaction, you will have to buy a rock material that has fines in it.  If you keep using clean washed rock, then expect to spin out every time.  Washed rock is fine on flat surfaces, but not on inclines. 

--- End quote ---
I realize the error in my ways
I'll scrape the #57 onto the road and come over top of what remains with some dense grade.
Have it all done before it gets cold.

--- End quote ---

Good deal.  I do like that #57 rock.  Real pretty and clean.  We had to rock a sub station for the power company last year with it.  Turns out a top notch job. 

Down here, the go to rock is called sb2.  Ground up granite in sizes from 2" and under.  You get a lot of fines in it as well from the grinding process.  Sets up almost as good as concrete in the right applications. 

Armalite:

--- Quote from: stlaser on August 11, 2017, 01:02:43 PM ---Correct me if I'm wrong Ash but can't Don just leave the rock that is there for base and overlay it with say a #73 (I believe that has crushed limestone in it). This is how we built driveways back in Indiana....

--- End quote ---

Not going to say it can't be done, but it would be simpler to relocate the 57 rock and lay back down new rock. 

I would not recommend limestone anything.  In our area, under a lot of heavy traffic in a short time span, or light traffic in a long time span, it will come apart and turn to dust/mud.  Don't get me wrong, it works, and serves its purpose, but you will be replacing limestone after a short period.  Granite will give you a lot more life span.

Armalite:

--- Quote from: stlaser on August 11, 2017, 06:14:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bob/OlallaWa on August 11, 2017, 02:26:59 PM ---Well I am not Ash, but he needs crusher fines mixed into the clean stuff. If he has elevation room for some minus stuff it should work in and stabilize the clean gravel. If not, scrape some off and start over.

--- End quote ---

It's ok Bob, Ash isn't even considered part time here. It's like he gets drunk every six months and stumbles in here or something..... :popcorn:

--- End quote ---

Easy full timer...

Some of us stay fairly occupied at multiple endeavors....

But, look here, its only been about what, 10-11 days, and I've already made a return visit... 

EL TATE:
And some short, burst-fire posts. Nice to see you Ash.

stlaser:

--- Quote from: Armalite on August 23, 2017, 12:09:11 PM ---Easy full timer...

Some of us stay fairly occupied at multiple endeavors....

But, look here, its only been about what, 10-11 days, and I've already made a return visit...

--- End quote ---

Ouch! That hurt, well not really. However, it is nice to se you stumble in here more often. BTW, where's those extra pics I was promised of the new casa?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version