Hello Guest

Author Topic: Prayer Request thread  (Read 153219 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Request thread
« Reply #700 on: February 08, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »
Sorry I'm late...prayers sent bud.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 08, 2018, 10:36:46 PM »
Prayers sent as well. Hope everything starts to be a little better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 09, 2018, 09:18:05 AM »
Thank you fellas. Something's working because I was beside myself about this this morning. I'd been receiving text updates from my ex brother in law from the ER since 12:30am and only were discharged at 1pm today, but they are getting a referral to bring him down to Kyle's neck of the woods to the Children's Hospital out by UW for a psych eval. and treatment recommendations. And now I'm just feeling much better about the whole thing. Thank you guys, I'll keep updating.
Thanks to men of God praying, but all the glory is the Lord's, for he moved in this!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 09, 2018, 10:02:21 AM »
In case you missed it our fearless leader (Don the owner of this site in case you were wondering) is having his knee worked on today. I’d ask you all to lift him up that everything goes smoothly and a quick recovery follows.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 09, 2018, 10:58:22 AM »
As some of you know my Stepdad Roy passed away about 15 months ago. I just got a call from my Mom this morning that Roy’s brothers 13 or 14 year old daughter hung herself last night after school in her bedroom. If you could and say a prayer for the parents Marvin & Ednalynn it would be appreciated.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: February 09, 2018, 11:07:55 AM »
My God...

How do such things happen to children

Saddened, prayers sent

Just doesn't sit well with me at the moment, so sad...

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 09, 2018, 12:27:18 PM »
Prayers sent. It bring tears to my eyes when kids decide they can't go on. Terrible. So sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 09, 2018, 12:27:53 PM »
P.S.  praying for Don's surgery also.

Mike

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 09, 2018, 02:04:16 PM »
I pray that God will sustain me enough to deliver the prayers that need sending! my head is spinning right now. Shawn, I'm very sorry to hear this. There's nothing worse. Please let them know a bunch of strangers are thinking about them. Don, and Cruizng, I pray for speedy recoveries. 
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 09, 2018, 03:00:45 PM »
Yes, speedy recovery for cruizng too!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 09, 2018, 03:39:05 PM »
Prayers sent for all.........teens are a fragile age group in today’s society especially!  Mature on the outside SO fast, but mentally and emotionally so slow in a world that moves WAY to fast.  God Bless them all!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 09, 2018, 03:52:31 PM »
Prayers sent for all.........teens are a fragile age group in today’s society especially!  Mature on the outside SO fast, but mentally and emotionally so slow in a world that moves WAY to fast.  God Bless them all!

Wish I could add to this, well said. Prayers for all.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 09, 2018, 10:20:36 PM »
Prayers for all

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 10, 2018, 08:18:44 AM »
Praise report:

Don, Update
Friends-
Just so I won’t have to write a post op update about a hundred times I can report complete success. I had went through some sort of meniscus monopoly thing with holes, removals missing parts and a general cleanin’ up of things and it turned out great and I feel great! The additional procedure that Kathy had arranged to be performed while I was under a TBR (Total Brain Replacement) was, according to her a complete success as well. Not sure why she said that, but when I awoke I immediately handed all the credit cards to her, then told her I’d catch up with her in a few hours over at Dillard’s in the handbag section…Strange, but hey!
What I think is most important to note is what God almighty just did here. All too often we gloss over these sorts of things and just say, “Wow, I wonder how all that happened.” And in that, we fail to notice what REALLY happened. I was sitting right in the middle of me the entire time, so I got to see it all first hand.
Most of you do not know, but I am involved in a “project,” which has been steadily advancing and picking up speed. Suddenly about two weeks ago we started to clear obstacles and were looking down the barrel at some heavy duty briefings for some lofty folks. I was busy building stuff at the farm, family, me, and the church and not fully dedicated to the project.
Then I got a “Pause.” Right in the middle of all that, my knee fell apart. MRI later clearly showed a meniscus tear which the doctor described as the worse one can have on one side and a darned good one on the other. Only infants recover, so I was stuck with immobility and pain for the next how many years I would live…Not good…Or was it?
You see, I was then pretty much parked at my desk, where, I could make a choice. Have fun playing or buckle down on the project. Well, I began to pray and read his word. Joshua 1-6, John 14-16, Hebrews 11 and really search the word. I learned much and along with that the project’s obstacles started to yield. That’s a longer story, so in the spirit of Reader’s Digest, I got closer to the Lord, and my commitment to this work compounded.
The pain was not abating so Kat took me directly to an orthopedic center. I met a doctor on either Friday or a Monday, took an MRI in a day, which was read the following Thursday, either 3-4 days later. He told me the news Thursday night at 1745, and said although he did not like to operate, He would definitely recommend in this case.
Jokingly I said, “OK, Doc, let’s do it tomorrow.” He immediately answered, “OK, tomorrow!” VERY MUCH to my surprise. With no prep, no schedule, nothing other than a couple of phone calls I was in the hospital at around 1300, operated on probably around 1500 and home by 1830. The operation was a complete success, and I awoke around 0630 this morning and was working by 7!
The doctor, speaking with me just prior to going back to the OR said that it was rare how this all worked out, but a good think.
So, Luck? Circumstances? Or a living God who according to the opening lines in both Psalm 97 and 99 simply states, “He reigns”
I give all the credit for how this operation to my Lord and savior. I credit as well all those who petitioned him in prayer. “The prayer of the Righteous availeth much.
James 5:16 King Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
Praise and glory to my lord, blessings and love for all my friends!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 10, 2018, 09:43:09 AM »
Good deal, praise to our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: February 10, 2018, 01:08:52 PM »
Great news Don,

God can do anything HE is the great healer

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 14, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »
Please pray for the children and family of those children in the Florida school shooting today... I'm too angry right now need to take a minute.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: February 14, 2018, 07:05:44 PM »
Please pray for the children and family of those children in the Florida school shooting today... I'm too angry right now need to take a minute.

And they say the signs were there and was not supposed to have a pack, much less the obvious.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 15, 2018, 12:09:26 AM »
So awful. I don't get why all schools don't have armed guards/cops at them. So sad.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: February 15, 2018, 12:24:08 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/15/florida-high-school-football-coach-who-was-seen-shielding-students-from-gunfire-dies.html
Could have been different for this hero and a lot of others if they would allow armed security...

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: February 15, 2018, 03:09:32 PM »
today I saw something that I have not seen pretty much since I can remember,

I did catch a few moments of the presidents speech this morning and I about fell on the floor when I heard him quoting scripture!  thank you lord for putting somebody in power that is not afraid to do things such as this!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 15, 2018, 04:31:11 PM »
I also read an article about some former nfl player who lives in that community who stated we need god back in our schools and these kids need that as a foundation.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: February 15, 2018, 11:38:23 PM »
I happen to agree. Kids are turning into lost souls without a religious foundation. I get the impression that it's also mainstream/hip to belittle"Bible thumpers" now, where as 20 years ago, neither athiests nor Christians attacked each other for their beliefs (as often). Just my perspective

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 22, 2018, 07:44:09 AM »
Hey guys, just found out yesterday morning that my wife’s brother died the night before. It was unexpected, he had been battling issues with bipolar and alcoholism. We aren’t sure on the cause of death yet. His wife found him around midnight outside their front door, he had already passed. He had a nightly ritual of going outside and drinking and doing whatever he needed to self medicate. Bad situation, but he isn’t in pain anymore. He’s got one eight year old son who is taking it well so far.  Anyway, if you guys could lift up his son and wife and the rest of my wife’s family, it would be appreciated. We are going to be driving down to Alabama which is where they are.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 22, 2018, 08:05:21 AM »
Lifting up you and your family.  Particularly the wife and son.  It will be tough to deal with this as they go forward.  I pray for God's peace, strength, comfort, grace and mercy for them in this terrible hour.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 22, 2018, 08:21:44 AM »
Sorry to hear that Dave. Keeping all in prayers.
Mike

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 22, 2018, 08:35:40 AM »
Definitely prayers being sent. Sorry to hear this.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 22, 2018, 08:48:40 AM »
Morning prayer

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 22, 2018, 09:57:49 AM »
Lifting your family up.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 22, 2018, 11:21:55 AM »
Prayers sent for all. Sounds like the boy has a solid footing.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 22, 2018, 03:52:00 PM »
Praying for the family

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 22, 2018, 07:34:55 PM »
Sorry for your wife, her's, her brother's, and of course your family

Prayers...

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 01, 2018, 08:21:29 PM »
Praise report. My wife is finally allowed to wear a shoe . It has been since 14 Dec when she had surgery since she didn't have a boot on.  She's going back to work Monday. I have been reminding her not to push too hard.  Thanks for the prayers.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 01, 2018, 08:44:56 PM »
Praise report. My wife is finally allowed to wear a shoe . It has been since 14 Dec when she had surgery since she didn't have a boot on.  She's going back to work Monday. I have been reminding her not to push too hard.  Thanks for the prayers.
Thank you Father God!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 01, 2018, 10:56:25 PM »
Good news is good for the soul

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 02, 2018, 11:03:38 PM »
Men, asking for some praye. My oldest daughter got married to man that had a daughter from another women but she is our grand daughter. The Bio mom is out of the now and on the run from the cops but she has caused so much damage to our grand daughter emotional that she is now acting out and physical hurting our daughter and son in-law. The doctors say that she has reactive attachement diorder. Not held and loved when she was new born and at that time she was living with her Bio mom. Please pray for safety of daughter and son inlaw and that the doctors get get this girl the help she needs

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 03, 2018, 12:18:21 AM »
Praying for some peace

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 03, 2018, 07:46:55 AM »
Men, asking for some praye. My oldest daughter got married to man that had a daughter from another women but she is our grand daughter. The Bio mom is out of the now and on the run from the cops but she has caused so much damage to our grand daughter emotional that she is now acting out and physical hurting our daughter and son in-law. The doctors say that she has reactive attachement diorder. Not held and loved when she was new born and at that time she was living with her Bio mom. Please pray for safety of daughter and son inlaw and that the doctors get get this girl the help she needs

I will say a special prayer for them.

I know what they are going through. The woman I had my first son with was a bad person and I didn't know it. we split and I got custody of him at 9 months old.  She was in and out of jail all the time. Years of drug addiction, lies and broken promises left my son hurt and confused. He is an adult now and sees her for what she is but damage is done. 
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 03, 2018, 08:04:33 AM »
Prayers sent for your granddaughter and her father/step-mother; continue to shower them all with your love and support.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
Prayer Request thread
« Reply #739 on: March 03, 2018, 09:29:41 PM »
Prayers sent Okl. Hope the healing starts soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:30:13 PM by cruizng »
Mike

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 03, 2018, 09:37:49 PM »
Prayers sent

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 03, 2018, 10:25:56 PM »
Prayers for patience and safety.  How old is she?

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 04, 2018, 04:50:54 AM »
Sorry to see this, prayers for all dealing with this.

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 04, 2018, 02:47:17 PM »
Prayers for patience and safety.  How old is she?

She is 10 years old

Offline oklawall

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 04, 2018, 02:48:48 PM »
Thanks for the prayers men

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 05, 2018, 10:40:46 AM »
This is very close to home for me with my nephew and unfortunately my sister. I will say the therapists at Children's hospital have been very helpful, along with all the prayer. you are specifically in mine. Just love on her as much as you can and remind her NONE of it is her fault.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 05, 2018, 12:11:20 PM »
Folks like that are very selfish and have no care at all that the kids are being affected so.  I am lifting her up.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 07, 2018, 05:17:34 PM »
please pray for the worthless piece of S#!T that broke into my truck last night and stole from me!  please pray for his safety!!!!!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 07, 2018, 06:22:34 PM »
please pray for the worthless piece of S#!T that broke into my truck last night and stole from me!  please pray for his safety!!!!!

Praying for both of you and this gets resolved quickly.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 07, 2018, 06:55:49 PM »
Difficult time my friend

He is lost...Your spirit is under attack

Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord

Very hard to do, but in a time like this just try and praise the Lord...Sounds crazy, and it is in the secular view, but it is exactly how to set the devil on fire and take a win from your God. Praise and thank him for all you have. Don't get angry, that is a seed that satan plants. Before you know it you've had an argument with your lady, or a friend and where do you think that anger came from? We Christians plant seeds which eventulally lead a lost soul to eternal savlation. The enemy plants land mines in our soul...Remember he cannot get to our spirit any longer. These mines need to be removed by EOD
Exhaulting Our Diety!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal