Hello Guest

Author Topic: Prayer Request thread  (Read 153212 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Prayer Request thread
« Reply #850 on: August 24, 2018, 07:18:05 AM »
Great news Mike ....... with that as your normal hair style, God might not let your hair grow back just to save you from yourself......just saying!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #851 on: August 24, 2018, 07:48:21 AM »
Wonderful praise report.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: August 24, 2018, 08:05:54 AM »
Thanks everyone. It is a team effort! I will let you know what the report is in October.

Cuda... you might be right. I'm not all that attached to the hair so if it doesn't grow back no biggie. Will just have to wear more stocking caps up here in the winter plus it doesn't get in my eyes when the window is rolled down.  :beercheers:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: August 24, 2018, 09:17:21 AM »
Yea, well, ya know, I think I'd just go with the bald look (Yikes!) :shocked:
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Online Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 01, 2018, 02:04:46 AM »
I know it’s late lord but I need you men to call on God for me!!!  With me!  One of my best friends and examples to me in my life in on life flight headed to the Fight of his life after fighting to save one of my other best friends life and loosing.     A father lost his life in front of his son.  A greatest warrior I know lost a fight for his brother.    These guys families need the lord in a fierce way as do I.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: September 01, 2018, 04:39:30 AM »
Prayers sent Dave
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Online Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: September 01, 2018, 04:56:09 AM »
My buddy is awake, lots of smashed ribs, crushed hands, not aware of more information.   My other buddies son has been released to grandparents, mom is pulling a trailer home from Wyoming to Ogden.  Sad nights events but some rays of sunshine in the dark sky.

Thank you for whom we have those close and far, and guide those who you chose to take to your open arms.  He was a wonderful man, husband, father, friend. 

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 01, 2018, 06:07:48 AM »
Prayers sent Dave.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: September 01, 2018, 09:39:53 AM »
Lifting them up in the name of our Father in heaven in whom we love and place all our trust!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 01, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »
Sorry to hear Dave.  Prayers sent.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 01, 2018, 10:39:23 AM »
Prayers sent

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: September 01, 2018, 12:39:51 PM »
More sent, hang in there Dave.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: September 01, 2018, 01:23:45 PM »
Thank you so much guys.  Good news from one of them I continued to pour in.   Slow breathing and might be released tomorrow

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: September 01, 2018, 05:13:23 PM »
I know it’s late lord but I need you men to call on God for me!!!  With me!  One of my best friends and examples to me in my life in on life flight headed to the Fight of his life after fighting to save one of my other best friends life and loosing.     A father lost his life in front of his son.  A greatest warrior I know lost a fight for his brother.    These guys families need the lord in a fierce way as do I.   

Can you help me out a little dave, i am having a little trouble understanding what has happened here?  Please.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Online Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: September 01, 2018, 05:46:14 PM »
Two of my adult friends and ones son where  playing in the razor side X side by the water . It got overturned into the water at flaming gorge, the father lost his life, the boy was driving. The other man was the closest thing to a father I have had since mine passed when I was a boy.  My buddy would move the world for his friend but because of injury’s was unable to get him unbuckled from the razor and the guy drowned.   

These two guys took me camping as a boy, working as a small kid, car detailing to painting to construction in general amazing mentors.
The two guys are best friends since elements school all the way till now of fifty years.  I can only imagine the pain and guilt.  The sorry or helplessness felt.   

He is not much of a believer in God as I have understood it, losing his dad at a young age, mother lost while I was a boy.    He hasn’t found comfort in the lord like so many of us, it would give him so much strength to see the light.   
Time will tell. 

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: September 01, 2018, 05:53:02 PM »
So sorry, Dave. That’s awful. Keeping them and their families in my prayers.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 01, 2018, 06:22:18 PM »
Prayers sent for you and your friends Dave.
Sorry buddy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Online Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 01, 2018, 07:05:49 PM »
Finally talked to my buddy ( neighbor) he seems medicated and tired of visitors.   Hordes went to the hospital I guess

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 02, 2018, 09:37:20 PM »
So sorry to hear Dave. Prayers sent for all. Be well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 02, 2018, 11:47:01 PM »
How is the boy doing? Accident or not this could really hit him hard and hopefully he is being watched.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Online Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: September 03, 2018, 10:39:00 AM »
My friend hasn’t been able to talk to him, to much emotion still he said,   I did remind him that this experience has tied them together and he has an extra portion of responsibility to this young man.   I only have the dads cell number which went into the water:(   Funeral and stuff are set up.   They did make the news. Foxnews flaming gorge

Bill ( my neighbor) did father himself out of bed yesterday to come watch my boys ride bikes in in the driveway.  But as we talked we are both afraid for the young man.   

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 03, 2018, 09:12:17 PM »
I am lifting up all involved.  May the Lord show them His grace and mercy according to His will.  His thoughts and plans are higher than ours.  He will reveal His plan to us in His time.  I am truly sorry for your loss.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Online Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 04, 2018, 01:26:33 AM »
Thank you guys. 

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 04, 2018, 09:09:09 AM »
This untimely death thing just smacks us in the face, rocks our world, and makes us say, "Really God?"

But to be Cliche, it is what it is

Really. You see no one has life figured out. Although most westerners, comfortable in their lavish lives are lifing the fairy tale that has them passing at some advanced age where they finally start to come around to thinking about God after all the fun days have gone and the "Slowing down" sets in.

Sounds like, unfortunately, what we may have here, how very, very unfortunate. There is no coming back from death aside from what the spirit has ordained. Nope that's one permanent contract, where everything you wrote and agreed to or didn't bother to read suddenly holds sway over you completely.

Wow, the thought of it is humbling. I don't fear death from this worldly life, although I have a bit of angst over the actual dying part, but two things are true.

1. I will die a human death
2. I will live in either heaven or hell for the rest of eternity

Fortunately for me, I know I will exist in heaven where I will serve God in the manner he has chosen for me. I always hoped it would be as a soldier, but I may be hauling out the linen and washing it down by the creek. Like they told me in Flight School, "Do you know what they call the bottom guy in the class?...Answer: A Pilot!" So anywhere in the heavenly realm is good with me.

I menton all this in the context of the loss of Dave's friend because when I read Dave saying he (Paraphrased) didn't know if the man knew the lord, I got sad. But it made me wonder something else. Did anyone take the time to talk to him about the Jesus who saves. Anyone point to Romans 10:9?

Romans 10:9 9If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is LORD," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

I wonder if anyone did that

I pray that all of you will "Find it" when the spirit prompts you to speak up for Jesus. If he hasn't ever done that, then please go all the way back to square one and thoroughly check your salvation. I'd suspect something is amiss there. And if you can honestly say, Yes, I believe Jesus died and was resurrected and is the living Son of God, and you professed it, then that's good, I look at the rest of your life.

Did it change?

Yes--> Go to heaven

No--> Go back to square one and get real honest with yourself

Do you now have a hunger to work for the kingdom? Do the old nasty habits you had/have bother you? Are you ashamed of them? (That's a good indication)

Do you tell other people about the wonderful freedom you found in this God, this Jesus, this wonderful Spirit that you cannot see? Do you sense him? (Clue: You should)

I hope I never pass on following a command of the Spirit. I hope I am never wrapped up in sin when a soul in need passes by but I have made myself deaf to his voice.

I hope as I hope in the Lord, that someone spoke to this man at the moment when God had prepared his heart. I hope for at least that...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:14:13 AM by Flyin6 »

Online Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 04, 2018, 02:47:37 PM »
It’s odd you mention.    I do believe his wife mentioned to him about s blessing,  I know I have talked to him about Christ on a few occasions but I do not continue,   

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 04, 2018, 06:04:35 PM »
I had gotten that out of your initial discussion about your friend.

I am happy that at least someone or people took the opportunity to present him with the truth.

I see it, as sad as it is, as an opportunity for someone reading this to perhaps get something they may have needed from it. (Encouragement?? Perhaps make them take that very same step with someone else who may be riding along the bank of his own rocky creek...Dunno, just felt I should do all that)

Online Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 04, 2018, 09:43:02 PM »
For sure

Funerals stuff is planned and we pulled my buddies ol bronco out of storage to clean up

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 05, 2018, 02:53:47 PM »
Oh wow. Don’t let Norm see that

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 05, 2018, 03:39:39 PM »
Well my neighbor, avid coffee drinker & former aurora captain on the pd there apparently had a heart issue and ran his Harley off the road and thru a barbed wire fence over near Kansas. Claims Harley and the leathers probably saved him. He could use some prayers for a full recovery. He’s also on our local church security team and a high school football referee (yeah not sure which way to go on all of that yet).

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 05, 2018, 03:46:17 PM »
Sent

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 05, 2018, 04:03:46 PM »
Done.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 05, 2018, 04:52:11 PM »
Prayers sent.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 05, 2018, 05:02:54 PM »
Well guys, not sure where I'm going with mom right now. She is still in the hospital waiting for a bed at a rehab.

She is very week and has little clue to what is going on at all. She has told me a couple times it is time to go and I feel the only thing keeping her going is a pacemaker she got when all this started.

1st month is paid at the care home, but not sure if she will return now at all.

I am going to talk to her Dr's about the whole issue, hopefully I will make the right choice for her and us.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 05, 2018, 05:04:50 PM »
Well guys, not sure where I'm going with mom right now. She is still in the hospital waiting for a bed at a rehab.

She is very week and has little clue to what is going on at all. She has told me a couple times it is time to go and I feel the only thing keeping her going is a pacemaker she got when all this started.

1st month is paid at the care home, but not sure if she will return now at all.

I am going to talk to her Dr's about the whole issue, hopefully I will make the right choice for her and us.

Prayers sent JR, that is tough.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 05, 2018, 05:27:15 PM »
Sorry you are going through all of that.  Praying for you and yours sir.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: September 05, 2018, 07:55:01 PM »
Praying for you and your Mom JR.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Online Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 05, 2018, 09:45:50 PM »
Sorry guys, barb wire can make a real mess of a person, watched it happen to a older than me kid when I was a little boy.  Three wheeler and tight barbwire fence.  Prayers

Jr. Praying for ya and your mother, 

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 05, 2018, 10:41:57 PM »
Prayers for you JR and Shawn.

JR remember that our own selfishness creeps in during end of life decisions.  Its helpful to understand her wishes and seek to carry them out even if they conflict with other family member's desires.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 06, 2018, 01:17:18 AM »
Prayers for you JR and Shawn.

JR remember that our own selfishness creeps in during end of life decisions.  Its helpful to understand her wishes and seek to carry them out even if they conflict with other family member's desires.

I understand that and have even been that person in this situation. Reality has been working on me more and more, plus her wishes to live, not just be alive. Then she fools me and looks like a new woman this afternoon. Still not running laps but a complete change. Rehab is the next step now.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: September 06, 2018, 09:25:08 AM »
Praying too

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: September 06, 2018, 09:44:30 AM »
Even though I don't comment much I am reading and praying for everyone. My mother in law just went into surgery for hip replacement. Pray for a speedy recovery.

2 years of messing around with Kentucky Drs and still never got it done. 2 months in Nebraska and she's under the knife.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #891 on: September 06, 2018, 11:14:30 AM »
She will be on her feet this afternoon.  Praying for you all.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: September 08, 2018, 08:53:06 AM »
She has been an a lot of pain and her blood pressure has been fluctuating. As low as 88 over 50. Sounds like they got it all under control now. Originally thought she would come home Sunday. Not going to happen now. She will have to stay a couple more days.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: September 09, 2018, 04:00:33 PM »
Great to hear she is doing well Jon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike

Online Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: September 27, 2018, 03:01:21 PM »
Today I am so close to throwing in the towel on people.    You can’t count on anyone to do what is right, correct or honest.   The level of stress and anxiety is overflowing!! 

Thank you lord my wife is a saint!!   But I am going to lose my mind this week!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: September 27, 2018, 03:44:24 PM »
Today I am so close to throwing in the towel on people.    You can’t count on anyone to do what is right, correct or honest.   The level of stress and anxiety is overflowing!! 

Thank you lord my wife is a saint!!   But I am going to lose my mind this week!

Good point, and true

If we look to our fellow man (including me) we will soon be disappointed

Only God is pure with his son Jesus Christ and the messenger who lives within Christians.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: September 27, 2018, 04:05:05 PM »
Hang in there Dave. I know there are days/weeks like that.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 03, 2018, 08:12:59 AM »
Got the call about an hour ago that my aunt passed this morning.  She is the one who has been in the nursing home and I have been taking care of all of her affairs for the last 18 months.  Don't know yet the arraignments but trying to get things lined up for Saturday.  We have to travel about 8 hours each way to north Alabama.  Thanks ahead of time for the prayers and support.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 03, 2018, 08:50:43 AM »
Prayers sent Matt - safe travels too!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 03, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
Good luck, prayers sent.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal