Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1328420 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #150 on: April 01, 2016, 09:50:58 AM »
Stared at my Keurig in sadness as I remembered I still haven't allowed myself to buy coffee, so I went sans coffee yet again this morning. Then made a breakfast scramble with leftover Lemon and Garlic pork tenderloin, a potato and 2 eggs. Then I went to work.
Blasphemy!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 01, 2016, 09:51:41 AM »
Blasphemy!

Eh it's more a familiar routine.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 01, 2016, 09:52:19 AM »
Hey, can I change the name of this thread to:

GALT?

Get a Life Thread!  ;)

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 01, 2016, 09:56:56 AM »
Blasphemy!

Eh it's more a familiar routine.
Not in my aviatin world!

No quoffee: No fliggin, werkin, thinkin, talkin, shootin, figurin, decidin, ridin, drivin, conversin, diggin, hammerin, cuttin, torquein' greasin' cultivatin', climbin, walkin, cookin, cleanin, brushin, sweepin, writin, payin, drivin, scrubbin, stainin, measurin, evaluatin, brushin, chattin, maybe some writin, but no meaninful anythin' till the quoffee bean juice weaves its magic thread of tyin my brain to my movin parts!

But that's just me.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:58:02 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 01, 2016, 10:08:17 AM »

Not in my aviatin world!

No quoffee: No fliggin, werkin, thinkin, talkin, shootin, figurin, decidin, ridin, drivin, conversin, diggin, hammerin, cuttin, torquein' greasin' cultivatin', climbin, walkin, cookin, cleanin, brushin, sweepin, writin, payin, drivin, scrubbin, stainin, measurin, evaluatin, brushin, chattin, maybe some writin, but no meaninful anythin' till the quoffee bean juice weaves its magic thread of tyin my brain to my movin parts!

But that's just me.

But there are times in the mystical land of Grunts, where you won't get coffee, or food, or sleep...

I'm on a self-imposed coffee restriction.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 01, 2016, 10:19:08 AM »
I would assume that Big D has already hit the coffee this a.m., probably a bucket full.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2016, 10:31:44 AM »

Not in my aviatin world!

But that's just me.

But there are times in the mystical land of Grunts, where you won't get coffee, or food, or sleep...

I'm on a self-imposed coffee restriction.
Ah, Training!

I understand...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2016, 10:33:02 AM »
I would assume that Big D has already hit the coffee this a.m., probably a bucket full.
Two mugs

Definition of a mug: Old beer stein...

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 01, 2016, 10:43:56 AM »
Im with trn,

Kyle, the HOA bullshoot there in wa is some of the worst i have ever seen/heard about.

We don't even have an HOA! County property mayne
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 01, 2016, 12:48:51 PM »
One of the first things I ask when I have looked for property is the HOA. Turned me off a couple times. Have one here, but so low key it is a non issue.

Man, get that guy some more caffeine!!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 12:49:25 PM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 01, 2016, 07:27:03 PM »
Well after a half gallon of java this morning I was off to the races! I went to lowes, purchased and spread 4 big bags of weed control and fertilizer over 2.5 acres, with a push spreader. I repaired the hose reel. I cleaned up the engine crane and stored it away. I pressure washed the driveway, the truck, the chairs and the little Deere. Actually I pressure washed off the Ranger a bit as well. I loaded the trailer with all that stuff I have been building. Fed the dogs and kats, pulled weeds, picked up the yard, threw away some trash in the garage, and just now...passed out!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 07:27:50 PM by Flyin6 »

OldKooT

« Reply #161 on: April 01, 2016, 08:36:37 PM »
I spent the day making my Moms old car run so my wife can donate it to some female who needs wheels, and It then won't clutter up my junk vehicle parking area. That took almost tell lunch due to a slight SNAFU that I own no side posts batteries. So the woman gets a new $49 rebuilt battery in the deal. I even washed it...

After a lunch of back strap venison and sweet corn and baked potatoes, I watched it snow for a while and marveled at global warming. I then got back to ambition about 2pm and decided since it stopped snowing now was a excellent time to wander down to the gun shop and see whats new. Nothing was new really, so I went to the machine shop and checked on the progress of some Cummins stuff I am having done. I got home about 4pm and spent the rest of the afternoon tell supper cleaning my hand tools.

I better get something done tomorrow, or this week was a wash LoL

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2016, 09:54:31 PM »
Started on installing a mechanical air pump in the truck. Tired of listening to the loud electric pump every morning.
Probably do a write-up when finished

Then came home and finished up the Jacuzzi....tightened all of the jets. put the bottom back on, added water, and then tried to access the jets again to tighten some more, and vacuum out a few gallons of water from the tray. lol

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 09:55:08 PM by KensAuto »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2016, 10:27:28 PM »
Would like to see the write up on the pump.  I have a leak, only occasionally, in the air horn solonoid.  Some times its weeks before it comes on and others its every time I get in the truck.

Did look at the Nathan K5LA train horns today.  Not sure how I justify to the wife unit $1500 for a set of horn....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2016, 10:30:32 PM »
Ran errands, had 2 cups of coffee.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2016, 10:40:52 PM »
That second pic looks like a nest out of the "Ailen" movie

I wouldn't get near that thing!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2016, 11:24:44 PM »

Did look at the Nathan K5LA train horns today.  Not sure how I justify to the wife unit $1500 for a set of horn....
I've got just a single, plain ol' trucker horn, and it has a built in solenoid. Easy hook up, and it's plenty loud enough for me.
My pump cycles about once every 2 days, because every time I cycle the key, the wireless air bag solenoid pack purges (for moisture control.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2016, 01:30:55 AM »
Fixed a clog drain line in the freezer. So now we won't get water on the floor and my wife telling me we need to buy a new refrigerator.

Cleaned out a bookcase.

Went and visited my parents and brought my Mom an article about the Amish in Maine (lots are moving in where she grew up).

Had sushi with the wife and watched Sicario (good movie btw)

OldKooT

« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2016, 07:05:13 AM »
I spent most of the morning running errands and chasing grand kids while grandma and our twins hung out with her really old people friends and did lawn work and stuff for them. I then got busy collecting parts from my vast collection of junk to build a 60 front axle, I then had to run to my Moms and figure out why her TV didn't have a picture. Turned out the squirrels ate her sat feed line for a snack.

I then met a fellow forum member at Starbucks (my first time ever at Starbucks) and we shot the breeze for a bit...good times.

I then got home and decided to continue picking up tree branches twigs sticks and whatnot, which pretty much ruined the rest of the day.

Today we have church this morning and then my plan is to spend the day convincing grandma we need to work in the shop. Hopefully since it's supposed to be almost 80 degrees, she will wear shorts...life's good,

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 03, 2016, 03:33:32 PM »

I've got just a single, plain ol' trucker horn, and it has a built in solenoid. Easy hook up, and it's plenty loud enough for me.
My pump cycles about once every 2 days, because every time I cycle the key, the wireless air bag solenoid pack purges (for moisture control.

Mine are the 3 trumpet horn set from Wolo.  About 140db and loud enough to scare people.  The Nathan's are just a huge notch up on the Redneck scale....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 03, 2016, 04:21:46 PM »
replaced some ferns in hanging baskets, used some tordon and glyphosate on some unruly vegetation, sealed the seam in one part of the driveway with some backer rod and self leveling repair. Mowed the yard, replaced a sprinkler head, raked some thatch
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 04:23:15 PM by TexasRedNeck »

OldKooT

« Reply #171 on: April 03, 2016, 06:43:49 PM »
Well days never work out how we plan. An attempt at getting anything done in the shop was sharply denied us when my wife had to go into work and solve some drama. I then decided to fire up the skid loader and move some dirt/debri and that didn't go so well. Turns out my trusty case 1845 decided today would be a good day to toss a fan blade and ruin a $1400 radiator. So I spent most of the day fixing the radiator well enough to hold coolant until I can track down a new/used one a bit more reasonably priced.

I did get grandma in shorts for 45 minutes before it turned cool and rained LoL And I did get shop time, just not working on anything I wanted to.

I will make no plans for tomorrow, whats the point LoL

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 03, 2016, 10:22:34 PM »
Started off with an hour at gym w/ my oldest cycling then some basketball drills. After that a trip to cabelas (always a great time) almost had the wife talked into a new kimber solo but she wants to keep looking ::).  Then to a couple places with the wife unit for household crap. Finally came home & put a set of dummy sticks to work setting two posts for our new shed. During which a final quick trip to HD for more sackrete, 2x4's for temp bracing of posts & a new 20v dewalt weed eater. 
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 04, 2016, 12:40:19 AM »
Enough of those 0430 posts Norm.

Cud Scout trip in the AM, selling scout camp cards (followed on my scoot) with them later, diner and now a couple movies.

I did change a couple tail light bulbs yesterday and repaired a RC helicopter for my son too.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 04, 2016, 02:22:29 AM »
Enough of those 0430 posts Norm.

How about a 0122 post?

:D

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 04, 2016, 08:03:17 AM »
Busy day. Went to the bird auction. Layers were bringing 25 bucks apiece. Too rich for my blood. Picked up these Barred Rock Bantam for 10 bucks apiece. My helper caught a quick nap on the way home. Got home and threw a window in the coop. I need a couple more I know but it's pretty decent in there for now. A little dirt work then a fence by the end of the week I hope.

I was going to get 50 Broilers but they are sold out until may. With our annual trip to Kentucky end of June they wont be ready to butcher yet. So we are going to start small. I will get the broilers later when we get back from vacation.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 04, 2016, 03:34:19 PM »
I just stay up late. Getting up is another story, but I think it is his Norm, er normal?

Thomas Jefferson

OldKooT

« Reply #177 on: April 04, 2016, 05:56:03 PM »
Well as I predicted it's good I made no plans for today. Mon called and needed me to bring down a chain saw and remove a limb that fell in last nights wind storm. So I figured since I was down there anyway my wife and I would fix her sprinkler system and spread Corn Gluton on her lawn, and trim her shrubs and mow. So that ruined until about 2pm. Then we headed towards home and stopped at the court house and got some title stuff for a vehicle handled. Well Kay did, I sat outside the courthouse and cleaned my AR on the tailgate.

So now 5pm ish we are making stir fry for supper, and I am debating if I have the ambition to accomplish something here at home.

Most days I try to have a 8 hour work day in by lunch. Some days I have more success than others.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 04, 2016, 06:41:53 PM »
Decided to start tuning customers' (diesel) vehicles a while back. Seemed like something a little different, and possibly fun. We're on chevy #5 (including my brother's and mine), and one dodge and one ford so far. Spent 6 extra hrs finding out that I did somethin wrong (and not the tuner) on chevy #5. A small mistake cost me close to 5 bills.....

...it's not fun any more.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 04, 2016, 10:15:42 PM »
Utilized dummy sticks on two other posts this morning. Set them in crete & purchased framing materials for the base & floor of the shed. Bought a couple more 20v dewalt tools (too many nice options in 20v). Did a couple pickup runs for the wife about an hour away. Back filled post holes to grade with dirt & called it an evening. Also purchased a deep freeze (sold our old one before moving last year) at Sears & plan on buying a 1/4 or side of beef pretty soon. Picking up deep freeze Thursday evening as they didn't have black color in stock.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2016, 11:02:50 PM »
Did you go verticle or horzontal deep freeze?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 04, 2016, 11:39:34 PM »
Horizontal, was seriously looking at vertical but I'm cheap & we don't need that large of a freezer. So I bought a $269 (on sale) small unit. Link below......

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-8.8-cu-ft-chest-freezer-black/p-04612909000P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 05, 2016, 12:02:21 AM »
Thats a nice sized little freezer.

I was lazy today. The more I move around the more this thing reminds me it is there. Hope in 2 weeks it is way better.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 05, 2016, 01:15:24 AM »
Our last one was twice that size & always half empty even after buying a side of beef. So figured why spend more?

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 05, 2016, 07:45:31 AM »
Horizontal, was seriously looking at vertical but I'm cheap & we don't need that large of a freezer. So I bought a $269 (on sale) small unit. Link below......

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-8.8-cu-ft-chest-freezer-black/p-04612909000P?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

We bought a vertical a few years back.  Always grew up with a horizontal one but thought a vertical one would be nice.  It might be a little easier to use but I don't think we can utilize as much of the space effectively in the vertical vs. horizontal.  Also every time you open the door you get an air exchange and the damp air from the basement enters the freezer causing it to frost up a lot faster.  With the horizontal this doesn't happen as much as the cold air wants to stay down and won't rise up out of the freezer.  If I was doing it again I would go horizontal. 

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 05, 2016, 08:37:52 AM »
Ripped the loader bucket off my tractor!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 05, 2016, 08:51:41 AM »
Sorry Duane I over wrote your sleepy boy post
Working off tap talk from the farm...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
Well, sarge needs to be put in service.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 05, 2016, 07:43:18 PM »
This is what I did Saturday enjoying the lovely Spring weather in Michigan!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 05, 2016, 07:50:06 PM »
Looks like fun but whats on your hood?

Spent an hour on the phone with some Old Farmer,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 05, 2016, 07:59:27 PM »
I finalized the $$$ for my cargo trailer that I will be picking up Saturday,

went and did my psych eval for the VA pre claim.  I think the shrink had more of a mental issue than I did/do.......... ???

then finished the ribs that I started on the smoker at 11 this morning.  can you find the picture???
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 05, 2016, 08:00:52 PM »
Looks like fun but whats on your hood?

Snow & the pull tab that secures the hood if you don't want full hooding......
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 05, 2016, 08:25:30 PM »
Just got off the plane from Dallas and made it back home.  Defended our 2017 budget to the regional types and came out relatively unscathed.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 05, 2016, 08:31:17 PM »

If it was the same crazy ole Dodge lovin' farmer I know, that man can sure talk! :pokeNorm

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 05, 2016, 09:27:25 PM »

If it was the same crazy ole Dodge lovin' farmer I know, that man can sure talk! :pokeNorm

It was..............

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2016, 07:38:47 AM »
spread Corn Gluton on her lawn,

Why do you do that?

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2016, 07:44:54 AM »
We have been trying to clean the place up a little bit. Tearing out old concrete where the cattle and hogs once were so I can level it out and plant some grass. Maybe a second sweet corn patch. Have not decided yet. Boss had knee replacement surgery last week. He has been driving around the place bored out his mind and being a general pain in the ass. Near 70 years old and acts like a spoiled child. Do this, do that, don't do that, do it this way. I told him I was going to get him some puzzles to keep him busy. He did not like like that.

OldKooT

« Reply #197 on: April 06, 2016, 10:26:30 AM »
Corn Gluton is a effective all natural approach to weed/crab grass control. It is actually more effective than most commercial herbicides and much cheaper and healthier to boot. As a side benefit, it also is a great source of nitrogen for the grass as well. Oh yeah also cheaper...having 3acres of lawn, cheaper is always attractive LoL

I can talk yah=P But sometimes, I go weeks without talking to anyone but my wife, so it evens out.

Yesterday I spent most of the day ruining brand new 20" chains for my saw on old dead elm windfall. Either they don't make chains like they used to (Oregon) or these elms had a lot of wind blown dirt in them. I did manage 9 pickup loads cut/split/stacked by 3pm and called it a day when I used my last sharp chain for that saw. I then sharpened chains tell my wife declared it was time to eat supper.

After supper and a shower we headed into town and helped some friends load my entire 24" car trailer full of old 2x4's and 2x6's from a deck they removed. We then drove home with no trailer lights due to I apparently ripped the wiring for the trailer harness out from under the truck in some tall prairie grass the other day, and didn't realize it.

I spent from 5am this morning until 9am or so d-nailing said boards, running them through my planer, and I now have a trailer load of almost new lumbar in stock in my "wood shed"

I imagine here in a bit I will go fix the trailer wiring under my pickup and see what else I can accomplish in the 50mph breeze.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 06, 2016, 11:18:17 AM »
2 words Norm---Car Bide. I had a chain that has cut about 20 railroad ties, some length wise. I didn't fail til I decided to help a buddy cut a semi trailer in half. I guess aluminum is a little tough on them.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 06, 2016, 11:54:47 AM »
Yesterday I spent most of the day ruining brand new 20" chains for my saw on old dead elm windfall. Either they don't make chains like they used to (Oregon) or these elms had a lot of wind blown dirt in them.

Elm is nasty stuff on chainsaws and splitters. The grain spirals and is a total pita. Growing up Dutch Elm killed a bunch of elms on my parents property- I want to say they lost 10 or 15 HUGE elms (30+ inches across). The first one my Dad cut up intending to use for firewood. That stopped about halfway through. The rest he cut and rolled the logs over the rock wall into the fence line and let rot. They were a b***h.

Good info on the corn gluten. Didn't know about that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal