Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1326643 times)

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #250 on: April 10, 2016, 02:27:00 PM »
Well I can't touch what Charles did yesterday, but I trudged through 500 odd meters of knee to waist deep snow pathfinding a trail across my island. Been at this too long to not have it in yet. I've slashed most of what needs done according to the walk, marked and delimbed the trees to make the next step doable in the summer. Then it will be clearing to the peat and I'll have my trail.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 10, 2016, 03:27:05 PM »
Went and did some grocery shopping. Still have no idea why stores don't open until 1000 on Sundays. I'm up early and want to get stuff done, right away not sit in a parking lot and wait.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 10, 2016, 03:48:32 PM »
I got a chair for the shower and took a shower, no pics though,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 10, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »
Did some work...then fixed a faucet that mysteriously had low hot water pressure...just some gurry in it...replaced the switch in my sump pump so will get rid of the water under my deck. May have to drive the oldest half way back to NYC bit just relaxing now. :)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #254 on: April 10, 2016, 06:20:06 PM »

Is that you showing your best side??

Yea sir. I have a face for radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 06:21:04 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »
thank you is about all I can say to something like that. 

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 10, 2016, 07:00:06 PM »

Yea sir. I have a face for radio

What holds your pants up?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 10, 2016, 07:41:14 PM »
Well moved pantry racks around storage room in basement. Organizing & making better use of space as I need to build shelving for wife's tubs of (important stuff) junk this week. Cleaned & organized work bench in garage. Dug out tube bender & notcher for pipe. Looked at notcher for awhile & think I came up with a pretty slick re use of the stock hitch on the jeep to make a remove able mount on my welding table for it. I'll detail that build / reuse in a separate thread later.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 10, 2016, 08:26:33 PM »
Ok, so let me take a few and talk about me almost literally craptin my britches yesterday and how my trip went. 

So Friday evening I arrive at the motel (motel 6) that is about 1/10th of a mile from the trailer dealership.  Got into my room and the first thing I did was load a round into the chamber of the .40 (really trashy place!) 

I took a look around to see what I was having to deal with and found that the fart fan has no cover and is about to fall out of the ceiling if it is disturbed, all of the drywall above the door in the bathroom is missing and you can see the interior of the wall, the shower curtain rod is about to fall off the wall, there was some nasty funk growing around the edge of the tile in the bath tub/shower, and the ceiling in the main room has massive nasty looking water spots all over it.  Whatever!  It was $40 and I had only planned on being there for like 6.5 hrs (enough to get a few minutes of sleep) and back on the road.  Plus, I have stayed in worse places in Afghanistan / Iraq.

So as I took note of everything that I was dealing with, I got my CPAP machine all laid out and hooked up only to find out that I brought everything except the darned mask (kind of an important piece).  So needless to say, I only got about 30 minutes of continuous sleep (I ended up being awake for 42 hours total).  Whatever, no big deal, I have gone up to 4 days with sleep like this before (when I was 20 and in very good shape). 

0630 rolls around and I pack my stuff up and hit a diner just up the next exit for a little egg white garden omelet.  Yeah you read the right!  Literally sitting in one place for close to 48 hours with almost no movement and eating heavy fatty foods is not very good for the body or the ticker.  When I travel long distances, I eat lots of fruits (not apples because they have lots of fiber and make you have to poop) and nuts, beef jerky, chew a lot of gum (since I have become tobacco free for over a year now) and consume large amounts of water and caffeinated beverages (this is really the only time that you will ever catch me drinking an energy drink like monster / red bull / etc) like coffee or an energy drink.  Tracey really hates riding with me, because the only time I stop is when I need fuel.  Maybe I just learned to ignore the pain of a full bladder? ???

0730 I pull up to the trailer dealer (which wasn’t supposed to open till 0800) and found that the awesome front desk lady (who is the one that is really in charge of things) was already there and willing to get things finalized for my purchase.  Annie is the bomb!  We go out and take a look at the trailer.  Well I could tell right from the beginning that what they were selling me was not some regular production cookie cutter model (but that’s what the paperwork says).  Not sure who has experience with enclosed cargo trailers or not, so if I am saying something that you done understand please ask and ill clarify.  This thing has the extra 6” of height, the massive 48” side door, 3/4” (darned near 5/8”) drymax floor http://www.buildgp.com/cargo-panels or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZU5as9DP70 some pretty nice looking wheels and an upgrade to some gladiator E range tires.  Well, the more I talked to Annie about this trailer, I found out that this was a special order that somebody backed out of and it had been sitting at the plant for a hot minute (there is a wells cargo plant in Waco, TX. Which I drove 3 blocks from and didn’t know it).  Well the folks at Guthrie trailer sales got a hold of this trailer for a dirt cheap price and passed the saving right along to me. 

I told Annie lets finalize the deal and It took her all of 20 minutes to complete the registration and all of the additional paperwork to get me on my way.  Once all of the paperwork was complete, I pulled my truck around back and they began to get the weight distribution hitch setup finalized.  (yes, there is a bit of setup that you have to do for each vehicle/trailer combo if you want it to ride and perform correctly.)  As they were getting that completed, Preston (the sales guy) walked me thru things on the trailer and even threw in a $100 hitch lock at no charge to me.

So the bottom line is, I got a mid level Wells Cargo special order cargo trailer that would normally cost around 12K for 8K out the door.  The folks at Guthrie Trailer Sales really do go the extra mile to ensure that you are completely satisfied and taken care of.  Thank you Annie and Preston!

So now comes the part of the ride home where I almost shat my britches.  I came down I-10 to I-20 to HWY 6 (eastland area / about 1 hour west of Fort Worth).  I took the same route back home.  Well the trailer pulled like a dream all the way up HWY 6 (torrential downpour the whole way mixed with construction areas up to 10 miles long).  About 3 miles from getting back on to I-20, I noticed that the trailer was getting a little squirrely.  Well the farther I went (I never go above 70 while pulling a trailer!!!!!!) the more the trailer began to shake around.  Well as I am looking in my mirror to keep an eye on the trailer and looking at the road in front of me, I am suddenly going sideways at 70 MPH across 2 lanes of interstate with my trailer at 90deg to my truck. 

Being that I grew up in northern WI. And had 20 years of driving VERY LARGE vehicles for the US Army, I learned how to operate vehicles in all kinds of slippery conditions as well as how to get out of them.  As I applied corrective steering / braking / accelerating techniques, I righted the truck and trailer in the right lane and slowed down to take the approaching exit.  I came to a stop on the frontage road shoulder and exited the truck while taking a few deep breaths, checking to make sure that I didn’t literally crap or piss myself as well as look over the truck and trailer to ensure that there was no visible damage.  I took a closer look at the front steering / suspension to ensure that something didn’t just give way, and all looked good.  I took a few more minutes to calm the heart rate and then got back up on the interstate.  Well about 1 mile down the road the same thing almost happened again, just not as bad (probably because I was expecting it for some reason).  Well I spent the next 5 miles and 3 exits trying different hitch connections (with weight distro bars / without distro bars / lowered hitch assembly / etc) as per the folks at Guthrie Trailer with no noticeable effects.

I have come to this conclusion!  The height and size of the trailer as well as it being completely empty along with large amounts of rain coming down did not place enough weight onto the drive axle causing the trailer to act like a massive wind sail and throw the combination all over the road!  So I pulled off the road for a bit to let the wind / rain die down some and then continue on my way.  The rest of the trip was completely quiet and uneventful.       

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2016, 08:45:53 PM »
Wow! Good story Nate, sounds like a very nice trailer for a very nice price.

I dislike bumper pull trailers, probably because once I pulled a gooseneck there was no turning back. Glad you corrected it & got home unscathed.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2016, 10:04:41 PM »
Thx shawn.  If i had reason to pull trailers more than i do, i would definately utilize the goose neck hitch thats in the bed of the truck.  But seeing as i dont pull that much, i like to have the cap on the bed for security and to keep things dry.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 10, 2016, 10:07:59 PM »
Copy, assume you're making a move in the not so distant future?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 10, 2016, 10:11:13 PM »
Sounds like a trailer I got down in Las Vegas a few years back. You build up from the base model, add height, width, LED lights and so forth. I saved lots of $$$ both in payment and taxes as the invoice was for the base trailer only.

My trip was a little less adventurous with just a little wind but mine was planned with no sleep.

Glad you made it back without any real incident. Also glad I have no reason for a breathing machine.

Nice trailer!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 10, 2016, 10:34:55 PM »
Dang that would get ones attention! Nice save. Glad you and the new trailer made it home in 1 piece.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 11, 2016, 08:39:00 AM »
It has still been getting below freezing around here at night so the ground has been hard in the morning.  Took advantage of it and dropped a couple dead trees around the yard.  We have a few box elders I have been working on cleaning up the last couple of years.  I didn't measure the big one but I have an 18" bar on the saw and my cuts didn't overlap by much, probably close to 30" across.  Dropped a couple of them then started working on cleanup till the ground got soft and the sun on the plowed field started turning everything to mud around 10.  Called it quits on that for the day and worked on getting trim cut, painted and installed the rest of the day.

Sunday morning I got out for a couple hours before church, hooked and dragged the rest of the trees out to where I will cut them up for firewood later and finished cleaning up.  After church I continued working on the trim.  Should finish the door trim tonight and be able to start on the base boards tomorrow.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 11, 2016, 09:19:01 AM »
first thing I did was load a round into the chamber of the .40 (really trashy place!) 

So as I took note of everything that I was dealing with, I got my CPAP machine all laid out and hooked up only to find out that I brought everything except the darned mask (kind of an important piece).

Didn't have it chambered already?

Oh so you retire from the Army and forget all about PCCs and PCIs... for shame!

;D
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

OldKooT

« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2016, 10:42:29 AM »
Nate...glad ya got home safe. Sounds like you scored a nice trailer after some adventure.

Our weekend... Fri evening  was spent listening to my wife play 1970's rock n roll on her sax's for about 6 hours. This is the first time she's played on stage in quite some time, and she brought down the house along with the rest of the band. It just goes to show, if a dear friend breaks his hand Fri morning and needs a saxophonist ASAP, that you can get my wife back on a stage with her horn reluctantly... good times, and great music.

Sat we left home about 3pm for a drive North and East. The plan was to get a room, and attend a huge swap meet Sunday and score some cool junk. I had unloaded Patch of all excess space robbing junk (read bed mounted took box) to make room for planned purchases. Patch had other ideas about 100 miles from home.... first Patch decided to once again crap a voltage regulator. I didn't notice immediately and well once again, I found myself in the middle of nowhere with a boiling battery and a Dodge truck. This time with no tools...

So after unplugging the regulator...we limped into the closest town of size and found a parts store. We bought a regulator and a battery yet again...and then headed to a friends place for repairs. Patch was also cutting out every bump we hit...sometimes we couldn't maintain 25mph. I guess one issue wasn't enough as Patch had to have two problems at the same time.  Either or... we made it to our friends by 7pm. 15 Minutes latter it had a new regulator, a new battery, and we found the wire to the fuel cut off solenoid had broken.... so that was our cutting out issue. Patch is ready to go so... 

We decided to just stay at our friends after he pointed out he had a spare bedroom, steak and beer. Kay made some killer Steaks and the fixings while us men handled beer disposal.

5am Sunday: We go to leave, Patch fires right up...we say goodbye and head to the swap meet. We arrive 7am ish and then the drama starts. We had parked the truck, Kay had gotten out of the truck and was trying to get her bag out of the trucks bed and some guy just flat hits our trucks bumper with his F350, hard. Knocked Kay out of the trucks bed and sprawled her on the grass. I run around to see if she's ok... the dudes backing up and tearing off across the grassy field we were parked in. By the time I get around the truck, Kay's on foot after the truck at a dead run. Now... she's shedding her back pack, her flannel shirt and picking up speed. I mutter a few things under my breath and go in pursuit of the angry Squaw. This chick can MOVE.. she has the truck almost caught as the drivers trying to find a way through the ditch to the road, and on a dead run I stepped in a hole and down I went. My bad left knee wasn't impressed with my navigation so yah. While I am trying to get up on one leg, the trucks driver exits the field. Kay's 10' too short and he gets away, probably for the best.

So Kay drags me back to Patch, shoves tosses me into the Passenger seat and declares we are going to the ER. She then dumps half a cooler of ice in her shirt, ties it on my knee and we head to the city. In the 50 mile drive I manage to convince her I will live without visiting a Dr, so we just headed home.

She fixed Rainbow trout for supper and here I sit Monday...prolly should have seen the Dr, but I am not telling her that.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »
Well, first of all, Glad Kay isn't hurt from the II (Idiot Impact)

Second, I'm glad you are too, and Norm, get it looked at, start on super green supplements (Reduces inflamation) and get well soon

Finally, 1st Ranger Battalion is putting together a band...Kay available?

Gotta play an instrument, and be a real Ranger!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2016, 11:35:42 AM »
Some little adventure there Norm. Something tells me if she had got him she would have got the better of him (wimps run).

So I guess the the knee is a little better today? Any damage to patch?

Why not change to a GM alt in patch? Seems to be a constant issue. Or at least carry a spare reg and add a over-voltage light to stop cooking batteries. 

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 11, 2016, 12:23:02 PM »

I rode an empty buss from campus to my car
It was nice.  No fat smelly bacon kids

Raising boys into RealMen!!

OldKooT

« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2016, 12:33:19 PM »
Kay has too many irons in the fire now. But try convincing her of that.

The knee is swollen and angry but I'll survive. I was out in the shop trying to find my workbench earlier, and I can hobble around fairly well considering. I am going to rest it now for a hour or two so when Kay gets home I can fake it being fine until the Dr's office is closed LoL

As for the charging system.... Yeah, I have zero faith in aftermarket replacement regulators at this point. I am going to wire up a Ford Mechanical regulator for the time being, and then switch over to a Leece Neville 555 model alternator and solve the issue permanently.

I am determined to have less fun on the weekends. This is getting painful and expensive.

Patch is fine other than a slightly tweaked bumper. I think my Pintle hitch took most the impact. He knocked the truck forward about 6' when he hit us.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »
Completed a few Honey-do's. under the stairs was a mess, so that had to go. re-stacked the kindling and leveled the dirt, add a couple pavers and gravel to complete the transformation.
then got the two little side gardens, and her flower gardens prepped for color.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2016, 12:43:18 PM »
this is the underside of the stairs at completion. nothing fancy, just better than it was.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2016, 12:54:56 PM »
Dang, you guys have me beat.

I bought a couch, reclined back and watched tv for once.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

OldKooT

« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2016, 12:59:37 PM »
Looking good Tate, but that wheelbarrow made me wince. It reminded me Kay was less than happy to find out I used the wheelbarrow for as she put it "nefarious reasons" a few years ago as a firewall indentation in a project car. She will want to redo mulch soon....the subject will come back up LoL

I am thinking Ken had the most relaxing weekend.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2016, 01:41:12 PM »
Darn Norm! That's scary. I assumed the idiot hit the front of the truck. You mean Kay was in the back and he ran into the back? Did she have her shorts on?  ;)

Sorry to hear about knee too....bad deal.

That was a tough week end. Glad its not worse.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2016, 03:49:59 PM »
Watch that knee Norm, mine are both hurting (body isn't made for 1 to lift the all the weight and kneel on the other for weeks).

I like the mech alt idea or an GM version, the way I will go with the swap.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2016, 03:54:21 PM »

I rode an empty buss from campus to my car
It was nice.  No fat smelly bacon kids

Looks like the Comair Crew Bus that would take me to incarceration and later to freedom
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 11, 2016, 03:57:37 PM »
no bobby, I haven't forgotten, im just not at the point of feeling the need to be in red status all the time yet.

Offline halsey

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 11, 2016, 07:15:03 PM »

Norm.. careful on the weekends!

i'm curious about that Leece Neville and how it will solve the charging problem. My w350 has been known to go through some regulators and the aftermarket ones are so bad I buy 2-3 at a time to get one that lasts. Sometimes they go in a week.

Jeff

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 11, 2016, 08:29:33 PM »
So, like Nate, I had a "tighty whitey" moment driving yesterday.  Here's the link to the story-

http://whotv.com/2016/04/10/no-injuries-after-car-pinned-underneath-semi-in-dangerous-area/

I'm driving home from a dog event in the Dmax going about 75 in the left lane and have a tanker semi in the center lane to my right and I'm about mid trailer overtaking him in traffic.  I hear a crunch, bam, boom and catch the front end of a white car coming 90 degrees to my right front UNDER THE TANKER!  Thankfully old racing muscle memory takes over and I swerve to the shoulder and slam the throttle down, watching this car in my side mirror, windshield at that time smoked white inside from airbags tilting multiple angles as the truck drags it along under it with tires and metal squealing and the semi and all traffic disappeared in my mirror.  Pushed the BlondeStar button and requested emergency services- I didn't stop due to the weaving traffic behind me and the fact that I didn't see what caused the event, just how it was during the event!  I also didn't want to see carnage......figured praying while I shook was the best I could do as I drove down the road making the report to Iowa authorities.

Praise report was when my buddy whom I called who was still at dog event saw it on the evening news and NOBODY WAS INJURED!

Today, went to work, thankful that God watched over me, as he reminded me how close to death we are every day!  Dropped off artwork and display pedestals for a student show, got the flat-top touched up, and had lunch with a retired friend, went back to work to a meaningless meeting, came home and mowed the lawn, and then read a bunch of amazing stuff y'all did the last few days!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 11, 2016, 09:01:03 PM »
I know exactly where that is at, I have driven that corner many times going back to the home area in WI!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2016, 10:39:30 PM »
All I was waiting for was a stone through the back window or something.
Glad you both faired ok, not that an angry knee is 'ok' in any world.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 11:05:29 PM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 12, 2016, 06:47:11 AM »
Sorry to hear about the knee Norm, glad Mrs. K is okay.  Now, since Kay clearly had the jump on you and was closing, why didn't you fire-up the truck and run them down in a mechanized fashion?  You're much better at fixing broke vehicles than you are are growing new knee tissue!

Get to the saw bones and get it fixed right.

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

OldKooT

« Reply #284 on: April 12, 2016, 07:56:16 AM »
Cuda..... sobering story, glad it all ended basically well.

I am sure the knee will recover. It's been a bum knee now for a few decades. As of last night, I could put weight on it and not see stars, all is getting well.

Spent the evening after an amazing supper of pepper stuffed chicken and trimmings, watching oceans 11.  I like simple times....

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 12, 2016, 08:29:47 AM »
Good food, good flick, good company. Sounds like good medicine to me.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 13, 2016, 12:17:44 AM »
I taught the boys about some fly tying knots for the fishing meritbadge.  The double surgeons knot, the turle knot, the Palomar knot and the bloods knot.  The boys catch on fast but struggle with the small fishing line.  I will bring some paracord next time to teach with.  And next week we are fishing for some lake trout

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 13, 2016, 04:25:43 PM »
Bought a new pair of work boots, and I'm currently working on breaking them in.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 13, 2016, 10:49:21 PM »
Picked up steering box, pitman arm, idler assembly and arm...
Passed on the new callipers i was contemplating as this tapped me for today.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2016, 01:45:31 PM »
Well, 70 in a 55 can be a bad deal

He was a nice UHP for the first time in my life he let me off with a warning to slow down

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2016, 02:32:04 PM »
Someone was smiling at you Dave for sure.  :) Good karma!

cuda I had a similar thing happen about 30 years ago. A semi had lost a tire in the middle of a highway.....a car swerved to avoid it and the woman driving stuck the front end under a semi....the semi dragged the car down the road for a bit (car literally sideways to the road)....then it spit out the car now going backwards....the car slammed against the guardrail in the median and I watched the driver (who was now facing me) get thrown out through the passenger window into the guardrail. I stopped and ran over to her....she was clearly in shock....I grabbed a blanket from her car and covered her....only a little bit of blood from a cut on her forehead. I held her hand and started asking her questions to try to keep her conscious....what is your name...what day is this...where do you live...stuff like that. Fortunately a paramedic on the other side had seen the accident and came over to help. He took over so I got her purse from her car which had opened up all over, stuffed everything in it and tucked it under her arm so it would go with her to the hospital. I could hear ambulances etc. I gave my business card to the paramedic to give to the cops and left. I was about 5 minutes from my office at the time so I went inside (this was about 6 or 7 at night so it was empty). I sat down in a dark room and just sat there for almost an hour unable to move. Just shaking. I checked the papers but didn't see any notices of it so I assume she lived. But scary as s**t for sure.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2016, 08:51:24 PM »
My co scout master gave me a 14 inch craftsman chainsaw.  I cleaned and oiled it and made it run like a clock picture to come

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 15, 2016, 10:15:19 PM »
Picked up boat yesterday afternoon. Proceeded to drive through the night to avoid the extra traffic on the road, which was a good idea. Freezing rain, snow, wind were all the flavour of the day.
So according to plan hit the gravel at 23:00 for the last 200 miles. Well it was gooey, greasy, nasty for the first 100 odd miles, then out of the blue turned to pure ice. Good news was I was going so slow from the mud and rock that the ice didn't matter. And at 04:30 I rolled in the driveway, boat home mission accomplished.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 15, 2016, 11:02:03 PM »
Dropped off older boy for Scout Camporee, will go see tomorrow as I can't really "camp" where they are.

Watched my other son play basketball and daughter had volleyball (last game of the leagues)

All 3 are away for the night, first time in 13 years!! 

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 16, 2016, 10:53:32 AM »
well you better take the frau out for some quality time then!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 16, 2016, 11:17:01 AM »
well you better take the frau out for some quality time then!

Or just stay in and bask in the silence! (Which my wife and I did the first time that happened in years) :) ha!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:17:51 AM by Wilbur »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 16, 2016, 07:28:45 PM »
Changed oil in the Dmax then rented a tiller and divided all of the Hostas and replanted them in the freshly tilled bed.  Way more work than I figured - I'm whooped from wrestling that tiller on ground that hasn't been turned in 15 years- Hostas haven't been split in 7.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 16, 2016, 09:05:02 PM »
Played with a tile saw a bit more. 

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 17, 2016, 08:19:44 AM »
We got our first paying job for the side dumps this week. The county is building a new jail. We got on with the excavating company to help haul in fill dirt.
Yesterday I broke both shocks AND shock mounts on the front drive axle.  I don't know how but I did it. At least now I know what I will be doing Monday.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 17, 2016, 11:04:05 AM »
Well I did errands yesterday and last night hung out with a couple friends at a bonfire in one of their's backyard. So I'm really just enjoying the sun and warm air.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal