Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1326631 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #1450 on: October 16, 2016, 09:17:12 AM »
I am sure sorry to hear that Don! Yikes! Prayers for a speedy recovery and NO surgery!

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 16, 2016, 10:27:22 AM »
I Hate it when I do something Dumb in front of my Wife!! When my boys were about 7-8 range oldest and I were on the quad plowing the pond without helmets!! Big NO NO for Mom. Finished up pond and decided to do one donut on the way back to barn. Well we hit the bank, both flew off hit the ice hard!! Boy is crying, I look up to see Mom in the window watching >:(  Grabbed the boy and headed for the barn, trying to delay the wrath of Mom that I knew was coming! I limped for days, but nothing broken like Don. Hopefully you heal quickly, and the boys learn a lesson about Showing off!
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 16, 2016, 11:52:39 AM »
Thanks guyses, I need a little humor right about now.

This is killin me! Pre Ranger had a game...Playoff game, yesterday, but I couldn't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great weather outside and I'm stuck in a chair or a bed!
Couldn't get to church today!
Couldn't teach my class this afternoon
Can't find any Hershey bars with almonds in the house!

And they won!!

Luckily for me, Momma screwed up recording the event, and she didn't get it.

You can confirm with her. I'm obviously very pleased with the screw up, as this will fade into the annals of history very quickly, especially after I ban everyone who said anything or might have viewed this ;-))

Bike is a little buggered up. looks like landing on my body mostly protected it though!

Goal is to get mobile and back to some project in as little time as possible. Down 2 days so far...try to limit it to 5 before I'm misaligning things and building parallelograms out of what should be square walls. I guess I could improperly bolt together something on SquareD as well!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 16, 2016, 04:57:53 PM »

You can confirm with her. I'm obviously very pleased with the screw up, as this will fade into the annals of history very quickly, especially after I ban everyone who said anything or might have viewed this ;-))

That's ok, those lucky enough have seen the ER pic on Facebook.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 16, 2016, 05:17:32 PM »
Sure, 2 days later the recording is lost,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry you missed the game, need a scooter?? I drove with a splint and a piece of foam on the peddle.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: October 16, 2016, 05:36:03 PM »

That's ok, those lucky enough have seen the ER pic on Facebook.

Bobby, you could at least share a screen shot for those who are Faceless!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 03:30:10 AM by BobbyB »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: October 16, 2016, 06:55:20 PM »
I removed the new bushings from the brand new control arms from the Dmax store,

I damaged a two foot pry bar, the tip snapped off and slipped into my wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: October 16, 2016, 08:44:04 PM »
Pulled up all the rest of the bell peppers, jalapeños and habeneros today. Tilled in some more mushroom compost, blood and bone meal. Planted kale carrots beets lettuce mustard greens

Oh and these came in the mail today.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: October 16, 2016, 09:59:29 PM »

Bike is a little buggered up. looks like landing on my body mostly protected it though!

So Ashley texted me, "did you hear about ol Don?"

My reply "yep"

Ashley "did he post on the forum?"

Me "yeah"

Ashley "his wife posted up a pic of him in the hospital"

Me "you know I guess his wife was video taping it but video was lost. Doesn't matter though because the story about how the old man was trying to look cool in front of his boys & crashed n burned will be talked about for years to come even after Don is dead and gone. Those boys will be telling that remember when story......"

So don't you worry Don that little humor you need will be told to your grandkids I bet! ;)
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: October 16, 2016, 10:16:30 PM »
I think his wife should've taken his credit card away if he's going to be laying around for awhile !
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: October 16, 2016, 10:58:44 PM »
What about us guys who don't do facebook?

Didn't happen,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: October 16, 2016, 10:59:35 PM »
I think his wife should've taken his credit card away if he's going to be laying around for awhile !

Do tell more Ken, I'm not sure I understand this left wing H philosophy where the wife unit controls the finances........ :o

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: October 17, 2016, 03:30:57 AM »

Bobby, you could at least share a screen shot for those who are Faceless!

Nah, I let stuff like that get posted by the people directly involved. Let's just say he didn't look happy.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: October 17, 2016, 08:02:25 AM »
IT was a friends birthday so we got together with our wives and went to a Sawyer Brown concert Saturday night. They really put on a good show. Then Sunday My 6 yr old and I went to the bird auction. I was going to pick up a couple geese.  I ran into a buddy that goes to these things all the time and he said to wait until the next auction In 2 weeks. In his opinion they were going too high.  So I took his advice. I'm still pretty green in that department. They were selling for $18-$25 apiece. I dint think that was too bad but apparently that's too much.

Its been foggy here the last couple days so we have not been harvesting. Too much moisture. So I'm going to pull the rear end apart on my 82 Chevy and go to U pull-it. See if I can find parts. Have to take one of the trucks up to Sioux City anyway. The boss wants an electric tarp.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: October 17, 2016, 10:29:46 AM »

So Ashley texted me, "did you hear about ol Don?"

My reply "yep"

Ashley "did he post on the forum?"

Me "yeah"

Ashley "his wife posted up a pic of him in the hospital"

Me "you know I guess his wife was video taping it but video was lost. Doesn't matter though because the story about how the old man was trying to look cool in front of his boys & crashed n burned will be talked about for years to come even after Don is dead and gone. Those boys will be telling that remember when story......"

So don't you worry Don that little humor you need will be told to your grandkids I bet! ;)
Oh don't I know already! Pastor and everyone has been calling and harassing me. I have to heal fast to put this in the rear view mirror.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: October 17, 2016, 06:33:57 PM »
Don,

That will just never do for motocross. Maybe you should look into trikes, I know a guy at Boss Hoss... Hope you're feeling better soon. That's some no good juju right there buddy.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: October 17, 2016, 08:07:39 PM »
Went to 2 used parts stores. Cheapest rear end I could find is 250 bucks. I gotta make some calls to some people I know with pickup box trailers and see if I can't get one cheper. Its got 3:08 gears in it so no wonder it feels doggy.
Got a new service truck for the farm a couple weeks go we finally about got it together. Got an old public power truck. Freightliner M2  Graduated up from a one ton flat bed pickup. Pictures won't load.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: October 17, 2016, 08:11:42 PM »

We had to stop in at harbor freight and another tool store to stock up. Money spends easier when its not yours.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: October 18, 2016, 10:23:06 AM »
Well, I'm getting a lot of flat butt sittin' time (FBST)
A broken foot can really slow you down it seems!

But I have logged a proportional amount of time reading about solar systems and wind turbines. All in preparation to to my upcoming goals/projects for my off grid hide/farm place.

Learnin' a lot! Last few days have been rough. A lot of pain and even had a gout attack in the opposite knee!

But that started to improve yesterday and now I think I am on the upswing. Looking forward to getting back in the game!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: October 18, 2016, 10:24:20 AM »
I sure like that service truck. Especially the boom on the back.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: October 18, 2016, 10:42:26 AM »
I had the same issue Don, the other leg takes the stress. My left knee was killing me!

Do you have a splint? That would allow you to get around since your leg/ankle is OK, right?

Think mono on the panels.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 18, 2016, 11:47:47 AM »
I had the same issue Don, the other leg takes the stress. My left knee was killing me!

Do you have a splint? That would allow you to get around since your leg/ankle is OK, right?

Think mono on the panels.
Yep, just a splint, but have the Ortho apt. in a few hours.
Thinking I am leaving there with a cast.

When it comes to panel time, I'll be posting it all up and picking your brain.

Seeing a lot of stuff on Craigslist

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 18, 2016, 01:28:22 PM »
CL is fine if you know what your getting. Old panels loose life or could have shorts. I got all my panels from a solar wholsaler, 1/2 new 1/2 used, all inverters new.

Bout to crawl under the house and all suited up in tyvek. Our disposal never really drained right (flowed into other sink). Now it shoots out. Checking the pluming there are 2 runs from the sink to the main line. One is 8 feet, flat as a pancake. The other is 30 ft, flat as well so I figure all the stuff has finally filled the 1.5 pipe. I have to splice into the main 4 inch line and run new 1.5 form the sink with a good slope which is really just 25 ft away?? The original runs along the back to the main, then the main runs 25ft to the front of the house, then 30ft over to near the front door, where I will tap into it. Crawlspace varies from 3ft to about 18 inches, guess where this is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: October 18, 2016, 02:46:19 PM »
CL is fine if you know what your getting. Old panels loose life or could have shorts. I got all my panels from a solar wholsaler, 1/2 new 1/2 used, all inverters new.

Bout to crawl under the house and all suited up in tyvek. Our disposal never really drained right (flowed into other sink). Now it shoots out. Checking the pluming there are 2 runs from the sink to the main line. One is 8 feet, flat as a pancake. The other is 30 ft, flat as well so I figure all the stuff has finally filled the 1.5 pipe. I have to splice into the main 4 inch line and run new 1.5 form the sink with a good slope which is really just 25 ft away?? The original runs along the back to the main, then the main runs 25ft to the front of the house, then 30ft over to near the front door, where I will tap into it. Crawlspace varies from 3ft to about 18 inches, guess where this is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

YUCK!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 18, 2016, 05:02:53 PM »
Bummer, JR!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: October 18, 2016, 06:55:45 PM »
Well the plane mama was supposed to be on yestertag had engine troubles.
Dr. appointments in the city today.
So I drove through a blizzard, freezing rain, motocross whoop snow drifts, etc to get her out.
We did stop in hotel for a sleep along the way.

Today picked up my solar panels and charge controller.
Man they are big.

Officially ordered the following:
Samlex PST-3000-24 3000 watt pure sine wave inverter
RC-300 remote control panel for inverter.

They are en route to store today. Figured spend a bit more to buy from a real store in Canada. This should eliminate the lemon theory, as it was a couple hundred extra bucks, but if I do have problems I know I have warranty and dealing with a Canadian store will make things better.

The guy at the store says this is one of the best inverters he knows of, did add there may be better but not that he is readily aware of, so take that for what it's worth anyone considering pure sine wave inverters.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 19, 2016, 11:44:38 PM »
Great to do business local, but price does come into play. Looking at pool heaters right now, $500 less is hard to pass up online.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: October 19, 2016, 11:53:45 PM »
Got the plumbing done, what a 4 hours that was. I barely fit in some places, thank GOD I had the paper suit!

I use a snow toy under the house to shove things around, works great! That is a pillar I added during my garage build to augment the upcoming kitchen redo. Kiddo's name and date on the (just 2 then).

First was cutting the old pipe pipe and plugging it. It was full of everything you can imagine, hense the repair.

Had to have a nieghbor help on one joint as I could not hold the pipe in the kitchen and glue it from below at the same time.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: October 20, 2016, 12:00:50 AM »
Here it shows how much room I had. You cannot turn over under the low parts and not quit crawl under the tall area.

I then ran the new pipe over the main line, the CAT led light was great for all this!

Upon cutting a section out, I found it was a 3 inch line and not 4 inch (for which I had all the fittings) so made dash to the local ACE
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:07:43 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: October 20, 2016, 12:06:54 AM »
I had flushed the line well so little was in there, but what was there was not pretty.

I made up a fitting and used rubber slip couplers to tie it all in. This also let me angle it just right for the line coming over.

I then snugged up the zip ties I attached to the beams giving the pipe a 12 in drop in 20 ft.

Worked like a champ and the disposal now does not backflow at all. Good training for the bathroom I am adding upstairs.

The only bad in all this is the pipe is right in the center of the crawl space, center of the house and perpendicular as well so you have to go over/under to get buy.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:11:41 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline DDS

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: October 20, 2016, 08:04:39 AM »
I had flushed the line well so little was in there, but what was there was not pretty.

I made up a fitting and used rubber slip couplers to tie it all in. This also let me angle it just right for the line coming over.

I then snugged up the zip ties I attached to the beams giving the pipe a 12 in drop in 20 ft.

Worked like a champ and the disposal now does not backflow at all. Good training for the bathroom I am adding upstairs.

The only bad in all this is the pipe is right in the center of the crawl space, center of the house and perpendicular as well so you have to go over/under to get buy.

More pitch is not necessarily better especially in a kitchen sink drain. You should have 1/4" per foot of pitch on 1 1/2"-3" pipe & 1/8" per foot of pitch on 4"+ pipe. So in your case, 5" of drop. Too much pitch will cause the water to surpass the waste which will clog the pipe. I see it all the time. I've been a licensed plumber for 18+ yrs.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: October 20, 2016, 08:23:52 AM »
Crawl spaces give me the willies

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: October 20, 2016, 08:05:28 PM »
Crawl spaces give me the willies

I second that. I need to get under my deck and pile some more dirt up against the house because I'm gettin a little water in the basement. Just keep telling myself. Suck it up Nancy and get your butt under there.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: October 20, 2016, 10:19:27 PM »
DDS thanks for the info. Think I am good at 12in drop in 20 ft.

It wasn't all that bad being lit up well and having the tyvek suit on. Did find 1 rotted out rat (used to have a problem with em, now have cats)

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: October 20, 2016, 10:46:55 PM »
You should take a picture of that led light on a dark road so we can see the output.  Looked like it would be really durable.  From time to time I have to get into a temp chamber at work that is -70 ish and the standard light won't hold up to the temp changes.  The crew light should do well

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: October 20, 2016, 11:12:22 PM »
-70??

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: October 21, 2016, 12:13:06 AM »
-70.  Thermal testing and other environmental tests for different things and so on and so forth, it makes for a really cold in and out of the temp chamber

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: October 21, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »
DDS thanks for the info. Think I am good at 12in drop in 20 ft.

It wasn't all that bad being lit up well and having the tyvek suit on. Did find 1 rotted out rat (used to have a problem with em, now have cats)
Jr thats 4x the recommended slope. DDS/plumber (wth???) is right. Waste has to float on/with water to make it to the sewer.

Make sure and use plenty of water

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: October 21, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »
If they had just slopped it form the original spot to over the vent, then turned vs that big S setup it would have been fine.

I am guessing at the 12in, but better more than none. Think I am just under double though. 20ft (240in) / 12in = 20. So I have just under 1/4 per foot.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: October 21, 2016, 12:00:20 PM »
Found out it's going to cost $1,1xx or $1,2xx to fix the Saturn.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: October 21, 2016, 12:53:05 PM »
what's going on with the saturd?

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: October 21, 2016, 04:15:28 PM »
what's going on with the saturd?

Either the slave cylinder or the clutch. The mechanic (who I know) has to remove the transmission to get to the slave cylinder out, said do the clutch while it's out. Probably find out Tuesday exactly what's wrong, but with parts and labor might as well knock out the problem and a potential future problem.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: October 21, 2016, 05:48:57 PM »
For sure. I had a couple Berettas back in the day, similar platform. Worth doing both. what year and model is the Saturn?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: October 21, 2016, 06:30:29 PM »
If they had just slopped it form the original spot to over the vent, then turned vs that big S setup it would have been fine.

I am guessing at the 12in, but better more than none. Think I am just under double though. 20ft (240in) / 12in = 20. So I have just under 1/4 per foot.

Is that some Cali math JR?  12/20= .6 inches per foot.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: October 21, 2016, 08:25:24 PM »
I bought a sign for Don

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: October 21, 2016, 08:56:48 PM »
I bought a sign for Don

Well, I'll mount it in a conspicuous place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 21, 2016, 10:10:56 PM »
:-)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: October 21, 2016, 10:39:35 PM »
I bought a sign for Don

Well, I'll mount it in a conspicuous place!

Might I suggest near your riding gear..... ;D

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: October 21, 2016, 11:01:51 PM »
Just finished watching Lone Survivor. Liked the book better ( esp since mine is autographed!).

I wish they'd have included the part where Marcus gave his bloody Texas flag patch to Bush

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: October 21, 2016, 11:20:26 PM »
Nice sign, like my bigger hammer or follow directions signs.

I didn't measure the slope it is guesstimate but it looks about a foot for the run. I didn't finish the math (2/12) but it would be .6 if my slop is that much.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal