Hello Guest

Author Topic: LML Silverado Duramax C-Max build thread part 4  (Read 172620 times)

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: LML Silverado Duramax C-Max build thread part 4
« Reply #1000 on: March 25, 2018, 10:27:27 AM »
Who is this guy? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 25, 2018, 03:29:50 PM »
Yep, a strafing run,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Since you never had any issues with it, you might be good. Biggest issue I read is the with the intake side will let the pump and rail run dry, then the CP4 goes.

You have had a lift pump and better pickup from the start more or less. Plus you run a lubricity additive which it the CP4 likes.

If you do the pump, I would just go with a CP3 since it is supposed to be a better pump.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 25, 2018, 05:41:40 PM »
Replace the cp4.  Got rid of my truck before it failed, but I was also running a cp3 along with the cp4.  But, we had two more lml's in our fleet.  Both lost the cp4.  These were factory lml one ton reg cab 4wd trucks.  One failed at about 60k miles.  Other made it to around the 130k mark.  Friend of mine just had insurance company TOTAL his duramax.  Reg cab lml one ton 4wd.  Factory, and not a daily driver.  Used it for hauling his tractor around and hauling hay on weekends.  At 160k his cp4 went out and destroyed everything.  $15k in damage.  Like you said, when it goes, kiss everything fuel related from the injectors to the fuel tank good bye. 

By the way Don, the local shop that replaced both of the one tons we had in our fleet, they swapped the cp4's out without removing the body.  All done from overhead.  Does require removal of the turbo, but all the def junk has already been removed on your truck, so you have half the battle won...

I know there are a few lml's out there that haven't had an issue yet, but I know 90% more that have had them go out than the ones that are still factory...
Good to know Ash!
I'm going to bite the bullet and replace it...But am going to do a turbo upgrade at the same time.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 25, 2018, 05:50:27 PM »
May as well add the tranny or just the converter too.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 25, 2018, 09:14:24 PM »
May as well add the tranny or just the converter too.
Ya, just like that, another $5K-$6K

Man where do you get all your money???

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: March 25, 2018, 10:30:07 PM »
Heck, I'm broke!!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 25, 2018, 11:16:54 PM »
You can get with Mike L and he will send you a built trans and you send back the core.   Honestly Don give him a call and Inglewood transmission and hear what he has to say. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 25, 2018, 11:36:15 PM »
You can get with Mike L and he will send you a built trans and you send back the core.   Honestly Don give him a call and Inglewood transmission and hear what he has to say. 

No need for all that. I don't think he can break the stock Allison.  :popcorn:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 25, 2018, 11:37:14 PM »
If we paint it orange he can for sure.

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 25, 2018, 11:40:28 PM »
If we paint it orange he can for sure.

Or green

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 26, 2018, 12:20:59 AM »
That’s for sure gonna break if he had a green transmission.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 26, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »

Dave,
I spoke with him years ago. Remember when I was writing on my thread over at DuramaxForum...?
I recall people called that thread "A forum within a forum" I want to say I had well over a million views back then...
Well I called Mike before he was doing these LML's and we talked for some time. He had figured out the LML and we spoke of my truck being used to sort of intro the transmission to the general public on that forum. He offered to actually send a transmission guy from a Diesel shop to my house and I'd pay his transportation and only for the parts and we would do the trans here.
I don't recall the dynamic at the time, but Mike was a nice guy to be sure. I sent him a copy of my book. He called me back when he finished it and we spoke again.
I would like a Mike built trans when the time comes, but financially, that time is not at this moment in time.
Besides, and no one in the diesel world will ever understand this, I have restraint...
This is one way that it works:
I can actually own a truck with 900 HP with a totally stock transmission, and probably get 200,000 miles out of the trans! I'd be able to do that because I find no need what so ever to use the power. No one is shooting at me, and I can pull my tractor around just fine with the power I have now (Over 500HP)
It seems that when someone added EFI tuning or an aggressive turbo, then the thinking is that, "Boom, the transmission will get fried!"
That is two dimensional thinking for sure.
It does not take into consideration variables, like: "What if he has all this additional power and chooses not to use it...THEN WHY HAVE IT...My head is catching on fire...does not compute, does not compute!"
I am a helicopter pilot
That means I know there are very well defined limits
and
to
go beyond those limits means immediate failure of some system,
which
will leave my aged butt stranded somewhere
so
I have built in restraint
It was slowly merged into my DNA during ten thousand takeoffs with the torque needle tickling 100% and the skids or wheels just dribbling off the tarmac
just waiting for that one God sent tiny whisper of a gust that gives me 6 ounces more lift, which is just enough to get that pig off the ground and into the wonderful air.
I can do that, tickle the upper limits without offending clutch pack fiberal limits...
Try not to let your whole head burn up peeps
Restraint
Restraint is the word of the day!
Applies to transmissions, but not to farm equipment! ;-))
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 08:56:48 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline stlaser

• Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 26, 2018, 09:02:00 AM »
A whole page of bs to get to the important last sentence..... ROFL, nearly spit my coffee out

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 26, 2018, 06:37:40 PM »
OK, I did my homework
In the offering will be a modified Fleece CP3 pump kit that replaces the factory junk and eliminates a lot of junk

Since the Turbo will be out, although not completely necessary, mine would be just to pull it down to check things out.

For that reason I'm going to do a bigger single turbo as well. The one I picked has a separate pedestal which will make replacing the thing a relative breeze. Speaking to the turbo people, my setup will produce somewhere between 600-625HP with the actual components I have and possibly numbers north of that since I have manifolds and larger up-pipes.

The thing I will see that is written between the lines is way mo better driveability. THis new turbo will flash up much faster. hey said it builds boost more than twice as quickly and then builds to around 45 psi. Of course, I will not be able to use those numbers unless I hire a trash collection company to police up transmission parts I would be leaving.

But like I said in the autumn, following this will be a new trans and converter built to around the 800 HP standard which should get this truck done forever.

I'll post up details of the purchase in a wee bit after I finalize and sort everything out.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 26, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »
 :popcorn:

More oil change......lol
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 26, 2018, 09:08:53 PM »
I like the plan. Whats another 10k.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 26, 2018, 09:11:17 PM »
I like the plan. Whats another 10k.
A lot of Money!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 27, 2018, 09:12:16 AM »
OK, I did my homework
In the offering will be a modified Fleece CP3 pump kit that replaces the factory junk and eliminates a lot of junk

Since the Turbo will be out, although not completely necessary, mine would be just to pull it down to check things out.

For that reason I'm going to do a bigger single turbo as well. The one I picked has a separate pedestal which will make replacing the thing a relative breeze. Speaking to the turbo people, my setup will produce somewhere between 600-625HP with the actual components I have and possibly numbers north of that since I have manifolds and larger up-pipes.

The thing I will see that is written between the lines is way mo better driveability. THis new turbo will flash up much faster. hey said it builds boost more than twice as quickly and then builds to around 45 psi. Of course, I will not be able to use those numbers unless I hire a trash collection company to police up transmission parts I would be leaving.

But like I said in the autumn, following this will be a new trans and converter built to around the 800 HP standard which should get this truck done forever.

I'll post up details of the purchase in a wee bit after I finalize and sort everything out.
All sounds like an excuse to grenade that transmission me me. 

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 28, 2018, 12:08:45 PM »
OK, its on

Got all the parts ordered!

I will be doing a complete Fleece upgrade resulting in about 620HP rear wheel when completed

First will be the foundation of this build, a Fleece CP3K pump and kit. THis pump is a modified CP3. Apparently the stocker provides a lot of fuel for this motor, enough for 700-800 HP. But the stock CP3 starts to pull fuel out above 3000 RPM. Fleece modifies the pump to prevent this and allow the pump to provide all the fuel it can pump anywhere in the RPM curve.

Doing my homework, I discovered the reason the CP4.2 pump was undersized was due to a redesign of the fuel injectors found in the LML engines over previous versions of the Duramax. These new piezo-electric injectors could produce the same horsepower numbers while using less fuel. Therefore a CO4.2 pump which pumped less fuel was brought in.

That decision has proven to be a bad call by power plant engineers due to all the warranty claims surrounding the LML pump failure issues.

This FLeece completely cures that issue and builds the foundation for a lot more power, some of which I will be taking advantage of.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 28, 2018, 12:21:40 PM »
The factory turbo is a terrible design.

It mounts directly to the up-pipes making access to the six up-pipe bolts just horrible to get to. I mean it is really an awful job. I had to do it once when I removed the EGR, and again when I added the performance manifolds. But never again!

This new turbo mounts to a pedestal. So all I have to do once the awful factory unit is out, is to mount the pedestal, connect the two up-pipes to it, and snug all that down, then simply set the turbo onto four studs on the pedestal top...EASY!

So that is the issue for me, and with this mod, I can easily access the turbo in the future if I desire to go up another 100 hp down the line somewhere.

Another thing I like is the oil line. The factory turbo grabs oil from the valley galley and has hookups way in the back of the block, again not easy. Well all that business gets blocked off, and I simply pull a plug out of the side of the block, to access the main oil galley, then run a line up over the engine to the turbo. THe drain is a flexy silicone thing which additionally is easier to work on.

I think I'll be much happier with this new setup

The down pipe is different from the factory unit, but held by a similiar band clamp and is easier to access.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: March 28, 2018, 12:28:06 PM »
And I had surprising news talking to Jeff there today. I wanted to get them thinking about transmissions, and he immediately said with the LML allisons, it is not necessary, that these transmissions had hedl upwards of 800 HP!

I questioned that statement, but he held firm. He insisted that with EFI programming and an increase of line pressure, these transmissions were working at ridiculous horsepowers. He cautioned that pulling heavy and using all 600 HP could be counterproductive, however for light/medium towing and street driving, I should be fine.

I actually heard the same thing from the Canadian guys up at Motor Ops. They were running some big numbers on stock 2011 and newer transmissions. One was making near the 800 HP and had only changed the converter. His trans never failed, but on teardown, it was discovered to have had a few burned clutches, so it would be fair to say that in time it may have indeed failed

I have now heard this time and time again. THat the LML allison was leaps and bounds ahead of earlier versions and would hold the big numbers.

Now think of a guy like me who seldom if ever stands on the thing, and I think I'll just bolt in a good billet converter and be done with it.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 28, 2018, 12:36:47 PM »
And this purchase marks a change for this web site.

I have been looking at bringing on suppliers of the various things we are interested in. After some time, and talking to JD, the Ex-Air Force fireman who owns them, Diesel Ops will be that site go to supplier for all of you.

They already offer a 10% discount for veterans, but I believe if you call and talk to them, you may be able to negotiate some good prices.
Please keep in mine that markups are not all that much, but you may be able to save a few bucks

And soon, I'll include a link which has a cool prospect for me and this site. RealMan could earn a small bonus from the sales if they are large enough.

Remember how recently some of you offered up and paid the $571 web site bill this year? Well, what if I could just earn that from normal sales all of you would make anyway...I like that

And what about the Christmas giveaways??? We could possibly sow into that as well.

Finally JD may get involved in what we do here with interesting offers, I'll ask him if he has any promotional stuff he could offer when I post the link.

I am happy to find a guy and site like this, and although we will add others in time, JD and Diesel Ops gets to be the first...Watch for them to appear!

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 28, 2018, 02:52:47 PM »
That sounds like a sound setup all around, both for the Cmax and the site.

So this turbo is not VV? For sure you will need new tuning, we need a go to company for this too.

I have Idaho Rob tuning for mine, but never really been happy. better than stock but I hoped for more. Dave, who did yours?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 28, 2018, 05:23:36 PM »
I have NOTHING but good comments for those Motor Ops guys in Ontario. They will continue to peck away at your tune until you are happy.
They are using the stuff in their own trucks so you're looking at a great/proven baseline tune that you get to tweak.

And, No, I do not believe this turbo is a VVT design. I really didn't want one. I don't like the hissing, and I do not like how oil will eventually cause the moveable plate to stick. The couple of times I had the discharge pipe removed, I found oil in the volute section and in the silicone hose. That tells me the thing is seeping oil internally or pulling it in from somewhere, but whatever the case, my turbo is setting itself up for a future problem.

I have never had a problem with an old school turbo, and with everything being optimized, and substantial experience with my exact setup, this setup will likely run very well

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 28, 2018, 05:34:46 PM »
So now comes the parts/tools collection time.

Today I picked up a new WIX primary filter (12 micron) and I will be replacing the Amsoil bypass oil filter for good. For now on, I will run a Cummins 5.9 oil filter with the same 1/16 thread only instead of using a $50 2 micron Amsoil filter, and leaving it there for 30,000 miles or more, which makes me very uncomfortable, I'll use a Wix in place of the bypass filter. With that, I would be good to empty it with the next oil change, then screw it back on for another 10,000 miles.

Additionally, I am switching to straight up Delvac 1300 15W-40 dino from synthetic. THe truth is I normally change everything at the regular cycle, so I have not benefited from using the long duration synthetic. Delvac 1300 can be used for 1.5 times a normal oil change cycle, so that fills out the bill for the survival aspect of a long duration oil. And best of all with m farm exemption, I buy a gallon of the Delvac for $12. I think a gallon of the synthetic stuff is $28-$29 so I am saving $51 in oil alone. and another $60 for the Wix vs the Amsoil filters.

Additionally, I picked up a gallon of dexicool, some thread sealant, loctite, and anti seize. A trip to the Harbor freight yielded a long magnetic cordless drop light light bar, and a good selection of nes metric and SAE hex sockets. Plan will be to take the old ones down to the farm to get another lifetime out of them.

Next up will be a complete cleaning of the garage/shop and a once over for the tools, and by the time I get that done, the good parts should be arriving.

Oh, and I picked up a heat blanket from Summit for the new down pipe, and plan to have the tune called into Motor Ops tomorrow.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 28, 2018, 05:39:24 PM »
And just so we have a record of the process, I have attached the pdf detailing the installation of the CP3

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 28, 2018, 07:27:57 PM »
I had my tunes redone by Nate over at revco.   My tunes from starlite did ok but night and day.  But I am no stranger to the right peddle and never changing from my big tune.    So.  Nate did me a solid and tried some tuning to fix a issue.  Good dude def worth a phone call

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 28, 2018, 08:00:41 PM »
I had my tunes redone by Nate over at revco.   My tunes from starlite did ok but night and day.  But I am no stranger to the right peddle and never changing from my big tune.    So.  Nate did me a solid and tried some tuning to fix a issue.  Good dude def worth a phone call

I really can't work with US based guys because of the truck being deleted...

Second point: I already paid to unlock the VIN, $150, which I would have to pay again

Third point: These guys in the Canada are as good as they get! They are ahead of the curve and have a huge following.

So why on earth would I want to change from a winner?????

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 28, 2018, 08:17:39 PM »
sounds to me like LML Silverado Duramax C-Max Build Thread Part 4 is about to be locked and LML Silverado Duramax C-Max Build Thread Part 5 is about to commence?!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 28, 2018, 08:19:27 PM »
What does being deleted have to do with it Don?  I run PPEI on my LML and they are next door in LA.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 28, 2018, 08:57:46 PM »
What does being deleted have to do with it Don?  I run PPEI on my LML and they are next door in LA.
Legalities...

It is illegal for US based tuners to provide anything that defeats emissions equipment I believe...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 28, 2018, 08:58:55 PM »
sounds to me like LML Silverado Duramax C-Max Build Thread Part 4 is about to be locked and LML Silverado Duramax C-Max Build Thread Part 5 is about to commence?!
Give the man a C-Gar

You are about to be proven right!

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
LML Silverado Duramax C-Max build thread part 4
« Reply #1032 on: March 28, 2018, 09:06:28 PM »
Legalities...

It is illegal for US based tuners to provide anything that defeats emissions equipment I believe...

I believe they get around this by making the purchaser “sign” a note saying it is for race or OFFRoad purposes only.

By sign I mean you are required to check a box that says you understand the legalities and they cannot be held liable.

Otherwise I don’t think we’d see the number of tuners we do stateside.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 28, 2018, 09:26:27 PM »
So since i sold my LBZ and now own an L5P (?), i have done a bit of researching and have come to see that the illegal president we used to have signed some executive orders giving the EPA the powers to prosecute turner writers......

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 28, 2018, 09:32:59 PM »
I believe that’s what happened to Idaho Rob. My understanding is he’s no longer offering tunes.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: March 28, 2018, 10:06:19 PM »
Don, I don’t particularly have a favorite tuner at this point and it doesn’t affect me really who ya go with.

As for legality of the tune and so forth. What does it matter you have already broke he law by removing those parts. With that in mind don’t you live in the Tuck ? Who is gonna come check what tuning, emissions equip, you have on your truck any way.   

I would poke the bear and tell ya to buy American lol

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 29, 2018, 12:58:49 AM »
Just don't drive through a state that checks. They do roadside checks here but I believe it is voluntary.

They also have DOT ride with CHP here and will do a visual. If they see something, you get towed and can't get it until you fix it.

I hate having to reload the stock tune for smog every other year, I hate this state!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 29, 2018, 07:14:10 AM »

They also have DOT ride with CHP here and will do a visual. If they see something, you get towed and can't get it until you fix it.

I wish they would do that for people pulled over with no insurance.  Impound until you have proof of coverage. Would put a stop to a lot of uninsured motorist crap.

Cali, where they’ll kill you for polluting the environment but welcome illegal alien criminal killers with open arms!

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 29, 2018, 08:30:21 AM »
That’s good info Jr.  I drive the truck out there and can’t tell ya how many times I blacked out the main freeway there in LA lol finding out I can get towed for it.  Lol oops

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 29, 2018, 08:48:55 AM »
Don, I don’t particularly have a favorite tuner at this point and it doesn’t affect me really who ya go with.

As for legality of the tune and so forth. What does it matter you have already broke he law by removing those parts. With that in mind don’t you live in the Tuck ? Who is gonna come check what tuning, emissions equip, you have on your truck any way.   

I would poke the bear and tell ya to buy American lol

Copy all Dave

But there is no reason to change from the motor ops guys

If I were to change right now, then I have to pay for the vin unlock with this new vendor $150 ish
Then I have to pay for the new tune..$125-$150

But staying with Motor Ops I only have to pay the $125, and I have a successful history with them.

You see, it makes no sense to change.

And regarding the emissions stuff. Should I suddenly change to a US tuner, well I have to sign some form that says, yea, I know this is wrong...A form that maybe could be inspected by one of Obamas boys?
Staying in the Canada doesn't even open that door.

And I don't know if you have noticed or not, but the Canadians are making tons of really good high quality stuff, unlike the America that I stood the line for which imports a ton of chinese junk along with a smattering of expensive US made stuff.

I for one like what Canada offers, and I am staying with that company for a lot of good reasons.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 30, 2018, 09:35:59 PM »
Getting ready for the big conversion

Game one was to get the garage in shape for the project.

Remember work axion #1: To be able to work, one must first work.

The shop needs to be straightened up, tables organized, tools accounted for, adjustments made, and a decent wash down. Having done about 75% of that today, I spent some time on general maintenance. The truck got a partial chassis lube, a windshield wiper change, some fluids topped, tire air pressure adjusted, and then I got busy on the back end.

Nate had asked for some pics of inside the topper. so I was going to straighten that up, when I realized I had never hooked up the topper lighting!

Here's a shot of the inside. Remember I have been transporting pups and materials in there all winter long, so it is due a through cleaning.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 30, 2018, 09:37:49 PM »
I'll be hooking up the high mount brake light, then on to the interior LED lamps

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 30, 2018, 09:39:56 PM »
I ran the supplied harness from the drivers battery along the left frame rail, then up into the topper, along the inside rail of the topper, then just plugged it into a light. Punching the on button made light for the first time

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 30, 2018, 09:41:13 PM »
Then it was back to a bit more shop cleaning. I decided to finally weld some pegs onto the tubing bender and hang all the dies and stuff on it where it belongs:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 30, 2018, 09:42:26 PM »
Here's the HF LED drop light bar thing I'll attach to the underside of the truck's hood to illuminate the work area for the pump change

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 30, 2018, 09:46:18 PM »
Next, I ran another wiring harness into the frontside of the left taillight, and attaching same to the trucks brake light circuit. In a jiffy, that was done and I had what I think is a needed third brake light. My spare tire partially blocks the right rail light so the extra light will be people friendly

Then I started the addition of some new LED backup lamps. I have been having difficulty with the factory lights and seeing where that trailer is going when I get home at night with it. I have to back the trailer into the driveway and that has resulted in the death of a lot of shrubbery!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 30, 2018, 09:47:22 PM »
I'm going to mount them in the topper access doors up high where they will be very effective

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 30, 2018, 09:48:30 PM »
I created a template for the hole to fit the lamps, then carefully marked it all out, then cut the holes.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 30, 2018, 09:49:07 PM »
Then I checked the fit of the lamp

Offline Flyin6