Hello Guest

Author Topic: Good morning real men  (Read 3149 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Good morning real men
« on: May 30, 2015, 10:24:06 AM »
A little bfast
Tabasco for you Nate

Three Eggs (were over easy but my big spatula was dirty and I broke yolk trying to pick up all three)
Avacado and fresh tomato.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Good morning real men
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 10:26:28 AM »
Nice, except for those awful tomatoes!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2015, 10:37:07 AM »
Everything a growing boy needs....or maybe a shrinking boy.  I'm back on low carb and down 10 so far.  20 to go.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 10:41:43 AM »
Everything a growing boy needs....or maybe a shrinking boy.  I'm back on low carb and down 10 so far.  20 to go.
Excellent!

Many gloss over personal fitness

Easily the most important aspect of survival, both physical, psychological, and spiritual

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2015, 11:07:35 AM »
Yep.  195-205 is my fighting weight. Sitting at 218 now.  I could carry 220 fine when I was lifting regularly.  I gave up weight training for cardio and push ups/pull ups/ and ab work.  And stretching. the other thing people forget as they get older.  I spend much more time stretching now than I ever did.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 11:22:09 AM »
Yep.  195-205 is my fighting weight. Sitting at 218 now.  I could carry 220 fine when I was lifting regularly.  I gave up weight training for cardio and push ups/pull ups/ and ab work.  And stretching. the other thing people forget as they get older.  I spend much more time stretching now than I ever did.

HA- at our age, everything is a STRETCH!  ;D
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 11:27:26 AM »
I pulled a shoulder muscle the other day reaching for that third chocolate cookie!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 11:29:30 AM »
Ahh yes...stretching.
I had/have some serious back issues, one herniated, one crushed disc right on top of each other.
As a result I suffer from cyanosis, the pinched cyatic nerve.
With months of ongoing treatments from physio, chiropractor, and hanging on the inversion table, I'm slowly getting feeling back in my feet. STRETCHING is very important in keeping the body in fighting form.
Well done on your losses to date and good luck with your goal.
I'm down to 240 myself, and also have another 20 to go.
I'd love to get further, but haven't been that light for 20+ years, so if I can get there we'll see what happens.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 11:31:39 AM »
I pulled a shoulder muscle the other day reaching for that third chocolate cookie!
Speaking of shoulder muscles, once mine were tuned up, and I got off the pain meds, that was when I discovered my feet tingled 24/7.
Not everything requires the knife, but you need to find the right folks to help you.

And breaky looks really good RN.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:32:21 AM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 11:44:06 AM »
I'll post in personal fitness, but If I could have only one piece of equipment it would be "the wheel of death".  It is a lawnmower wheel on a stick basically.  From the kneeling position grasping both handles, keeping the torso rigid, extend out until your arms are outstretched and your torso is parallel to the ground and then return to the kneeling position.  That is the best core exercise you can get and it works wonders for my back.  The spine is a cantilevered bridge and it requires strong abs to balance the strong back muscles that we use more often than abs. 

I have some young fit nephews that talk smack until I get them in the floor and the old man makes them look silly.  They can't get 2 reps on the wheel without falling on their face. 

Like a former trainer of mine would say.  Without a strong core you are nothing.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:45:19 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2015, 11:44:21 AM »
For my breakfast, based upon rude comments (factual) by the Dr., I had "Ancient Grains" cereal w/ 1%, coffee (black- but like it that way) and a banana for a whopping 390 calories!  Using a Fitbit (FATBIT for me as of now) and electronic scale linked to it and the calorie counting software phone app.  Will keep me honest, track trends including heart rate and exercise, calories eaten, salt intake, calories burned, % body fat etc. and most importantly, fairly easy to enter- all I need to do is track food, technology does the rest! 

AND- I can't lie to myself about it (ah, that handful of cookies is GOOD for me!)  Currently 200 lb. 5' 10" and according to scale at about 25% body fat (seems high but maybe not).
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 12:42:10 PM »
Keep at it Mike

If Duane ever gets out of project mode and back on, he needs to chime in. He started this psycho PS90 thing back in the winter. Dude is sub 200 and all full of energy.
Pushing me as I will not let a Blackhawk pilot best me!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 01:15:41 PM »
Made the kids pancakes and sausage and I had a few eggs over messy, coffee and grapefruit. I just dropped a tad over 20, but I let myself get sloppy before this. I doubt I will ever see sub 200, my academy days were 220 and I need to double the above to get there. Got the wheel and my bike going.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal