Hello Guest

Author Topic: Hello from WA!  (Read 2982 times)

Offline chung

• Registered
    • View Profile
Hello from WA!
« on: June 04, 2015, 01:13:32 AM »
Hey all - greetings from the PNW. I was referred to this forum by my friend and coworker, Kyle. I really like what is going on here from vehicles to survival, and the incorporation of a Christian foundation.

My main hobbies consist of motorsports, firearms and survival/prep.
Motorsports - I used to build up cars and race them during track days. Past machines include a built up e36 M3 and gen 1 Miata. I enjoyed doing my own work and as a result gained some hobby-level fabrication skills between a tig and a chop saw (pie slices ftw  ;D). However, those are now gone and I have taken an interest in expedition/overland setups. I'm on the hunt for a fjz80! Also, anyone here watch Top Gear (UK) or follow F1?
Firearms - I've got the bug... bad (thanks Kyle). My collection seems to be always-evolving, but I'm mainly a glock/AR guy. Recently got into reloading as well, mainly to make 300blk more affordable. I've also started trap shooting - hope to learn to actually hunt one day.
Survival/prep - Always good to have a backup plan for the backup plan for the backup plan for the plan right? I like discovering new tools and gadgets in the search for ideal EDC setups. Beyond that, I like pondering my car's get home bag and my home's bug out bag (or tupperware as it may be - because lets face it, if I'm leaving I'm going to get as far as I can in my vehicle before I start throwing things in my pack).

Anyhow, it is great to join this community. There seems to be quality people and a growing library of information. Hope to be able to contribute a bit too!

Caleb
Caleb

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from WA!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 01:41:38 AM »
Welcome to the fun. 300aac is nice.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 06:40:20 AM »
Welcome Caleb!  Glad you are here!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 07:20:44 AM »
Welcome!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 07:52:55 AM »
Caleb, welcome to RMTW. Look forward to your contributions. Post some info on your reloading setup in the reloading area. Do you shoot the 300 suppressed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 08:04:26 AM »
Welcome caleb
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 08:14:58 AM »
Caleb,

A friend of Kyle's is a friend of ours.

You hit the nail on the head. You'll find a rather amazing assortment of quality people here. They have blessed me enormously, I hope they do the same for you!

Welcome
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 10:29:10 AM »
Welcome Mr.(or Mrs.) Caleb !!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline chung

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 10:53:54 AM »
Caleb, welcome to RMTW. Look forward to your contributions. Post some info on your reloading setup in the reloading area. Do you shoot the 300 suppressed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks all! Will do. Kyle actually built my reloading bench for me :D I'll get some photos up soon. I've got a sdn-6 waiting in jail for the 300.
Caleb

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 11:00:11 AM »
Heyyyy you made it! Guys, this is one solid dude.

Hopefully Caleb will be able to do some gear reviews. He's got some very nice equipment in that safe of his!

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 01:16:51 PM »
Welcome Caleb.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 04:10:59 PM »
Good to have you. Thanks to this community I still have a BL-4 we can burn through some traps with. would love to get together for a shootout someday.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline chung

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 04:43:10 PM »
Good to have you. Thanks to this community I still have a BL-4 we can burn through some traps with. would love to get together for a shootout someday.

I just read the thread on that -- a very moving story and incredible outcome! Did not imagine the support group on this site. I'm down to shoot sometime and learn a few things. I keep missing the ones that launch to the right when I'm at position 5 (as a lefty). Very nice O/U btw  :D
Caleb

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 06:19:37 PM »

I just read the thread on that -- a very moving story and incredible outcome! Did not imagine the support group on this site. I'm down to shoot sometime and learn a few things. I keep missing the ones that launch to the right when I'm at position 5 (as a lefty). Very nice O/U btw  :D

As a lefty myself- point your forward foot towards house, swing right towards where you'd like to break it and a bit low- speed up through it and squeeze trigger- it's moving faster than you think!  Highly unlikely you'll shoot ahead of it!  Follow though is key!  As you near 90* the lead gets huge!!!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2015, 12:29:30 AM »
Hey we are getting a real Left Coast group going here. To bad we are all in diff states.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 09:08:27 AM »
Hey we are getting a real Left Coast group going here. To bad we are all in diff states.
We are definitely well represented from the west
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal