Hello Guest

Author Topic: am i doing something right?  (Read 923 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
am i doing something right?
« on: June 20, 2015, 03:42:06 PM »
so last weekend, I made a small pork butt for some really good friends that lives around the corner from me.  they were both in the army (female was an E-6/12years and the male was an E-8/retired). 

well last night, I was offered money to do up some pork butt for them again.  I said that I would take what ever the meat cost but I would not take anymore.

in saying all of that, I guess I am getting this smoking thing down pretty darn good?  what do yah all think?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: am i doing something right?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 04:04:55 PM »
Feels good huh? I've been asked to cook for hire too, and it's sure vindication that you're doing something right. Wish I had a bigger smoker! And more time! Way to go, keep it up... And may your smoke be thin and blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 05:25:42 PM »
here are the results of the cook.

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 06:26:41 PM »
Nate,

Not too far from reality, you opening a real Nate's cookin' corner. I'd come for darned sure! So just today, I went over to a nearby artsy-fartsy farmers market sort of place to score some seasoned olive oil. Well there in the corner of the building is a new barbeque place. The guy doing the cooking outside notices me sniffing and yells out, "Smells good doesn't it." To which I responded with a north/south head shutter. After the olive oil thing, I march over and notice a pic of a young Marine. I compare the facial features with the guy behind the counter. I figure this is the same guy, a few decades removed.

"Marine eh?" I queried. He says yep, you? I said Army and before he gets finished saying whatever he was conjuring up, I say in a very loud voice, "I pulled more Marines out of a jam than most of you jar heads can count so save it sarge, and get me something to eat!"

That got a good laugh and he and his wife fixed me up with like $50 worth of pork, brisket, smoked eggs, coleslaw, beans, and who knows what.
I was right, retired Marine NCO! I thought of you, Nate...Could be you...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 09:37:43 PM »
Dang that looks good Mr Nate.

Most of the people I know would pay me to NOT cook for them. :-[
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal