Hello Guest

Author Topic: Fell in love today!  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Fell in love today!
« on: June 20, 2015, 06:45:51 PM »
So I went over to the local fantasy shop (Gun store) to check out a single stack 9 for the frau.
I ended up buying a S&W M&P 9 compact single stack for her, so mission was completed with a minimum of fuss...

I thought

Then the guy selling to me said you are always looking for a nice 7.62 black gun, right?

He says, he just got one in...A sig 716

Wow

What a nice piece of shooting hardware

I mean nice! Pretty crisp trigger, nice furniture, 16" bull barrel, 1-10 twist, beautiful all metal flip up sights. and a great (Mag-Pul??) stock with a very good check weld. The gun is smooth. No rattle, no rocking, pins are like really tight and it is just all beautiful. Asking $$$ is 2,199

I waaaant it!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:46:25 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Fell in love today!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 08:09:22 PM »
She's a beaut Clark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 09:39:44 PM »
It's got that cheese grader up front don't it? Last I heard, Don don't like those.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline rasimmo

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 10:08:17 PM »
Is that discount sig has for law enforcement and military good for retired military? I don't remember all the details, just a thought.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 12:00:15 AM »
Oooohh! Nice looking piece of hardware.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 02:00:48 AM »
It's got that cheese grader up front don't it? Last I heard, Don don't like those.

Couple rail covers and it's all good. Plus trim the guards and you can fit a light/grip/bipod or whatever strikes your fancy on it.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 08:06:52 AM »
Don, once you get into that price range, it only costs a little more to go first class.

http://www.gaprecision.net/ga-precision-2014-custom-rifles/ga-precision-gap-10-g2.html

Have been beat soundly by a SWAT team member running one of these in my last competition I would highly recommend it. Also, I like the giessele DM trigger. Completely adjustable for weight and travel. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 09:40:25 AM »
Is it guy-zlee or ja-zell.....???? Nobody can seem to answer that for me. And every time I say it one way, I get corrected with the other...

"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 09:51:28 AM »

This might suit your fancy-

"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 07:10:20 PM »
Guy-se-la from what I've been told.  Who cares?  I have one on my LMT and will be installing on on the Noveske

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »
It's all academic.
With the looming repair bill on Big Red, and demanded work down at the farm, I'll be lucky to be able to afford butter for me pancakes!

I just really liked that gun. Best feeling 7.62 AR I have handled to date. Started with the DPMS AP4, the started liking the Ruger SR762, but this gun feels one step above the Ruger which was a better gun than the DPMS in my opinion.

Might find a way to stick it in the M4 mount I'll install in the loader and the tractor, you never know!

Besides when it comes to 7.62 shooting, I seem to always stray back to my M1A NM gun. Just a sweetheart of a shooting toy there.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 09:56:18 PM »
It's all academic.

Besides when it comes to 7.62 shooting, I seem to always stray back to my M1A NM gun. Just a sweetheart of a shooting toy there.

Then continue with what you got. No need to add another weapon system into rotation, that means extra mags, upgrades.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2015, 10:14:37 PM »
Is it guy-zlee or ja-zell.....???? Nobody can seem to answer that for me. And every time I say it one way, I get corrected with the other...

I'll add another for the guy-zlee. Been looking at a few options for my AR and these are on the short list.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2015, 09:22:11 AM »
I always thought it was jeh-zell, but it's definitely guys-lee. Like somebody already said tho, who cares lol

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 11:20:26 AM »
I ended up with a Ruger 762, picked it up on sale. Yes still breaking in the other 762 home brew unit. May make it to range in next week or so, we'll see.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 01:33:28 PM »
I ended up with a Ruger 762

Nice.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 07:29:25 PM »
I ended up with a Ruger 762, picked it up on sale. Yes still breaking in the other 762 home brew unit. May make it to range in next week or so, we'll see.....

Nice little gun, I love em' as well
This Sig had something about it...maybe the furniture, don't know. It was tight...Like having to really work to get the pins loose. And the trigger was crisp.
But that Ruggie was definitely on my favorites list

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal