Hello Guest

Author Topic: Howdy from Taxachusetts  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Howdy from Taxachusetts
« on: June 25, 2015, 06:56:20 PM »
So it appears I am a new member. I registered yesterday and then today (while waiting for the "approval" email) I figured I would try to log in and haha it worked!  :) Well....I think so anyway...we'll see if this actually posts when I try!

So I'm a married father of 3 kids ages 14-21. Living in the bleep-hole of Massachusetts (I was raised here...moved out west and then fell in love with a great Italian woman from here who wouldn't leave being near her family so back I am). I like to fish, hike, anything at all to do with the outdoors. Proud (vehemently proud) 2A supporter (which as you can guess is not easy in MA  >:( ) Conservative Christian (very active in our local church- former treasurer, finance committee member, etc. My wife helped found our church's food pantry which now (dare I say because of this wonderful economy we have???!!!) has 200 families getting help (and our little town only has 9000 people in it!!). I work in financial services and when I read Don's intro about how he started this website I knew I had to try to join. I used to work in Tower 2 in NYC before the 1st WTC attack. So that day has special meaning for me as well.

I have owned lots of vehicles almost all 4WD's....76 FJ40, 80 Chevy K10 SWB, 82 GMC K2500 4" lift, 92 GMC Jimmy, 03 GMC Yukon (as well as a BMW 540 and a few VW Jettas thrown in the mix). I do as much of my own maintenance as I dare (rebuilt the engine of the FJ in my driveway, did the clutch in the K2500 in a buddy's driveway in 10 degree weather, yada yada yada) an drive vehicles until the scrap guy makes me an offer I can't refuse (the Yukon has 240K miles, the BMW 225K). I keep vehicles mostly stock (so far!) and put more time and effort into camping gear etc. Don't do as much hardcore rockcrawling sticking mostly to logging roads and the like. So I doubt I will have much technical knowledge to add here to some of the builds I see- you guys are light years away from my skillset!  :o

Hoping to do a small build of a new (new to me?) 3500HD Duramax in the next year...finances and God willing. The threads I have read here (I found my way here by following Don over from one of his old posts on ExpoPortal) are really great. So much more in depth and really providing the drill down on so many different parts of a build. Plus I like that there seems to be much more full sized focus as well as much more similar beliefs than in many other areas of the interwebs.  ;) I'll shut up now!   

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy from Taxachusetts
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:05:54 PM »
Wilbur, welcome to realman.  if there is anything that any of the staff can be of assistance to you please feel free to ask.

nate
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 07:18:07 PM »
Wilbur,  You need to work on that wife.  It may be cheaper to move her and her family out of MA than for you to stay...

Welcome.  We're glad to have you in our family of like minded people.  Dive in!
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 07:22:58 PM »
Welcome! Let us know if there's anything I can do to help as you dig into the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 07:25:05 PM »
Wilbur,

Welcome to our humble little site that could!

Jump in anywhere you want and just act like you've always been here!

Welcome!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 07:35:28 PM »
Glad your here.  Do just like Don said.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 07:45:54 PM »
Thanks all....definitely appreciate the welcome! Texasredneck I'm workin' on that....to Maine. Well her and me anyhoo....not the entire fam damily! (Her Dad had 6 brothers and 2 sisters! Ha. But Maine is my favorite state (my Mom was from there) and has everything....rural living...ocean...mountains...etc. so that's the goal when the youngest graduates highschool. Fortunately my middle one (son) and youngest (daughter) love the outdoors as much as I do so they love the idea. ;)

See you guys around the forum...and thanks!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 08:28:27 PM »
Welcome Wilbur, we're glad you're here!  :)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 09:47:39 PM »
Welcome Mr Wilbur!!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 10:04:42 PM »
Welcome Wilbur!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 05:44:41 PM »
Thanks guys! KensAuto- Mr Wilbur? Dunno who that guy might be but it aren't me I assure you!  :)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 06:45:14 PM »
ken is just tryin to be respectful Wilbur, until he gets to know yah.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 10:07:32 PM »
Oh yeah.  Once he gets to know you he will abuse you with DOT regularity....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 10:07:54 PM »
Speaking of DOT, Nate you texted me and I responded. Wassup?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 11:50:54 PM »
Mrs Wilber it is then! hahahahahahahahaha
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile