Hello Guest

Author Topic: Bosch L-Boxx  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Bosch L-Boxx
« on: June 30, 2015, 04:09:55 PM »
Very innovative.

I wanted to secure or perhaps organize stuff in the back of SquareD so I have chosen the Bosch L-Boxx stackable system to utilize

I ordered: Two of the 4.5" deep L-Boxx1
                One 6" deep L-Box 2
                Tow 10" deep, L-Boxx 3

I figure I'll make one of the 10" deep units a spare parts container. The second 10" will be a tool box. The 6" deep one will be a medical kit, a 4.5" one filled with survival stuff, spare this and that's and the final 4.5" L-Boxx 1 container for a catch all

The plan will be to build a fixture to allow the stack to clip into the floor and serve as a prop for one corner of a fold down desk/bunk. The opposite end of the bunk/desk thing will rest on the fuel tank.

I already have a selection of tools sitting here from Northern to start to fill the tool box, so we'll start to kit all of that out PDQ
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: Bosch L-Boxx
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 04:38:33 PM »
Wonder how well that'd work in the back of XJ.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 04:48:33 PM »
Wonder how well that'd work in the back of XJ.
It would work in the back of anything I'd imagine.

But the cool thing is your stuff is organized into a nearly indestructible box that you can separate and go with. You can grab the first aid kit and bandage someone up, then click it back in place, then grab the "Survival kit-box" and pull out your fire starter and get some heat going, then pull out the tool box and fix the leaky rad hose on the truck.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 05:24:15 PM »
It would work in the back of anything I'd imagine.

But the cool thing is your stuff is organized into a nearly indestructible box that you can separate and go with. You can grab the first aid kit and bandage someone up, then click it back in place, then grab the "Survival kit-box" and pull out your fire starter and get some heat going, then pull out the tool box and fix the leaky rad hose on the truck.

There a link to them? And, how to you secure them to the vehicle? I'd rather not drill any extra holes in XJ.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 05:35:46 PM »
I like how they fit together, that is great. I have a question- do you worry about having to "unclick" all three to get to the bottom one or the middle one etc.? I like that you are integrating it into a support structure for the table but still not sure of "taking it apart" when you want to access it. Just curious, not trying to be a PITA in any way.

Could they be put on end so you could grab one and unclick it without disturbing the others? (I am not sure how the mounting mechanism works or if they could be done vertically with the mounting hardware underneath them attaching to the side/back section of the case? thereby having the handle up)

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 05:53:07 PM »
I like how they fit together, that is great. I have a question- do you worry about having to "unclick" all three to get to the bottom one or the middle one etc.? I like that you are integrating it into a support structure for the table but still not sure of "taking it apart" when you want to access it. Just curious, not trying to be a PITA in any way.

Could they be put on end so you could grab one and unclick it without disturbing the others? (I am not sure how the mounting mechanism works or if they could be done vertically with the mounting hardware underneath them attaching to the side/back section of the case? thereby having the handle up)
They click into the next unit at the base, flat side down. I do not know of any base unit other than a roller caddy, so I plan to fab one up once I see how it all works

I don't care about inconvenience. Security and being able to quickly locate things is what's important to me.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 08:13:45 PM »
Very cool.  Never seen those.  Linky thingy??
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 08:54:29 PM »
I like this idea.  I may have to go to HD or Lowes or some place close to check these out and touch them.

this could be used in conjunction with this combo............http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/material-handling/hand-trucks-dollies/hand-trucks-folding/best-value-folding-hand-cart-150-lb-capacity?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=COnXnY_cuMYCFQuMaQod0PgCWg
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 09:21:39 PM »
Very cool.  Never seen those.  Linky thingy??
Here ya go:

http://www.cpotools.com/bosch-l-boxx1-4-5-in--stackable-storage-case/bshnl-boxx1,default,pd.html?start=61&q=L%20box

Look around there, plenty of options. You're gonna like these things!

I checked...Guess I clicked the button once more than I thought. I'm getting 3 of the 4.5"ers, 1 of the 6" ones and 2 of the 10 inch ones

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
I like this idea.  I may have to go to HD or Lowes or some place close to check these out and touch them.

this could be used in conjunction with this combo............http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/material-handling/hand-trucks-dollies/hand-trucks-folding/best-value-folding-hand-cart-150-lb-capacity?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=COnXnY_cuMYCFQuMaQod0PgCWg

Nater,

There is a caddy already made for these boxes. Your box actually latches onto the caddy!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 09:56:07 PM »
Hmmm. Dangit Don, now there's something else for me to buy.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 08:03:56 AM »
Hmmm. Dangit Don, now there's something else for me to buy.
Sorry...

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 08:45:25 AM »
I like yours better than the one I posted
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal