Hello Guest

Author Topic: DOT's Bug-out addition  (Read 2389 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
DOT's Bug-out addition
« on: July 16, 2015, 08:21:53 PM »
So, after vacation with extensive hotel stay, I decided to do something with the sizable collection of toiletries accumulated: assemble 3 personal "kits" for each family member!

PART 1
Washcloth
Shampoo
Conditioner
Hand Lotion
Bar Soap
Q-tips

PART 2
Toothbrush
Floss
Toothpaste
Personal Wipes
Deodorant
More Bar Soap

I vacuum sealed each part, and then in honor of Dons Department of Redundancy redundancy, I vacuum sealed PART 1 & 2 together!  Keeps items together, easy to distribute, no rattling around loose, waterproof and gives me source of additional bag type structure for whatever need may arise!  Granted, not as easy to maximize space working on my PHD skills (pile it higher and deeper) within the pack, but then again, long term storage is extended with things being sealed.  I also vacuum sealed three other wipe type packages to prevent drying out- 2 freshen-up types and one baby wipes.

A question for the masses, "In a SHTF scenario, what alternatives for TP have y'all considered?"  I know in snow country, a fresh handful works pretty well, but what about the other 3 seasons of the year? :o

2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DOT's Bug-out addition
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 08:34:35 PM »
Good idea and good question.  I would probably use an old tshirt and then rinse it and reuse it.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 08:45:18 PM »
Leaves? As long as you don't grab the wrong ones...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 08:46:46 PM »
I probably need to stockpile baby wipes.....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 11:12:39 PM »
here is a little info I found from the us army in regards to baby wipes.  its 20 years old but I think you can get the jist of how important personal hygiene is.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAAahUKEwj_rum4leHGAhXYKYgKHeoKCtc&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dtic.mil%2Fcgi-bin%2FGetTRDoc%3FAD%3DADA286092&ei=9W6oVb_gIdjToATqlai4DQ&usg=AFQjCNHkWFr-gcBISS2u7M8kBkTnEppRMQ

I personally use WET ONES antibacterial because they are the only ones left on the market with alcohol in them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wet+ones&biw=1208&bih=708&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAGoVChMIkvHjkpjhxgIVkjGICh3coAiu&dpr=0.95
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 08:29:54 AM »
Just skimmed that report Nate- WOW does the military make studied decisions!

Copy WET ONES and rationale!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:57:45 AM by cudakidd53 »

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 12:10:45 PM »
Nate,
I'm posting a copy of that down in the RM Knowledgebase
Good find there Sergeant!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 04:23:27 PM »
and RGR!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 05:08:41 PM »
New addition to bug-out bag: EmberLit Wood Stove

Made of stamped sheet stainless, fairly light and folds up flat in supplied pouch.  Just grab a couple handfuls of dry twigs and light them up inside stove and feed more through side opening.  I also picked up two Sterno Cooking tins which fit nicely inside, incase of needing low profile heat source or inside use.

Sets up easily and folds flat.  Comes with each piece covered on both sides with plastic sheeting which I left on until putting it into service.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 05:17:35 PM »
mike, can you give us or add a top down pic of it put together please.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:18:14 PM by nmeyer414 »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »
Here you go Nate!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2015, 05:50:05 PM »
thx

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal