Hello Guest

Author Topic: What to say when your daughters date shows up,,,,,,,,,,,,,  (Read 5421 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What to say when your daughters date shows up,,,,,,,,,,,,,
« on: August 07, 2015, 02:30:56 AM »
Sure this has come up a few times, but this is the best I have ever heard.

Introduce yourself, just as would be the norm. As you talk to the lad, you place your arm around his shoulder and say;

"son, whatever you do with my daughter tonight, I will do to you tomorrow"

Then of course show him your guns!!!  8)
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: What to say when your daughters date shows up,,,,,,,,,,,,,
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 04:53:18 AM »
My oldest daughter's first real date was a boy from church....that didn't stop me from handing gim a .45 round and expounding on its benefits....."Aren't 45's great.. it's slow and heavy...it doesn't just zip through the body...it rolls around tearing flesh and organs all to pieces....have fun at the movies!" Ha.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 10:48:46 AM »
I made a point of cleaning the FAL and Ar on the coffee table, in shorts, boots, and a greasy t-shirt one time. All that did was force them to date behind my back. Now, 3 of them have serious relationships with some educated city boys that treat me (and them) with great respect. i like the fact that they are clean cut, respectful, yada yada, but wish they were a bit more redneck so that I could actually converse with them.I guess you can't have everything.

The maiden camping trip coming up should be a hoot. they are bringin the boys, and they have never camped before.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:24:10 PM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 11:56:45 AM »
I made a point of cleaning the FAL and Ar on the coffee table, in shorts, boots, and a greasy t-shirt one time. All that did was force them to date behind my back. Now, 3 of them have serious relationships with some eduacated city boys that treat me (and them) with great respect. i like the fact that they are clean cut, respectful, yada yada, but wish they were a bit more redneck so that I could actually converse with them.I guess you can't have everything.

The maiden camping trip coming up should be a hoot. they are bringin the boys, and they have never camped before.

That should be a magical weekend! I took my sister's boyfriend fishing once. After tying his lines and baiting his hook I decided that he needed to be the "net guy" for the rest of the day. it was nice having another limit in the boat however.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »
I have 3 sisters. My Dad worked 2-3 jobs at any given time and mom was sweet but naïve. When the senior basketball team captain asked my freshman sister, who he didn't even really know, to homecoming, I was instantly on guard. This is in October for us, and Dad an I were prepping for an early morning departure over to Banks lake, potholes area of Coulee City for some serious waterfowl and upland hunting when he showed up to take her to the dance. I was legitimately putting the 870 back together after stripping it down for a once through as it had been a full off season since I shot it last, I really wasn't trying to be intimidating, just worked out that way. I asked him where they were going to dinner, and he struggled to remember the name. Asked if he was buying dinner and he said, "well we were thinking about going dutch". I racked the slide and set it down; "I don't really think my 15 year old sister should be paying for dinner do you?" My dad quietly chuckled. "well no, I guess you're right that would be weird." I pointed out that she had an 11:00 curfew to which he responded, "but the dance isn't over until midnight..." "guess you guys should leave around 10:30 then to make sure you're not late?". She was dropped off at 9:30, and didn't speak to me for a week. Turns out as soon as they got to the dance he ditched her for some other hapless girl and wound up with a statutory rape charge. (His Ritchie Rich country club parents' lawyer beat the charge). As much grief as I caught for it with my sister it was worth every bit of it.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 01:22:47 PM »
Take them city boys shooting and it may open them up some.

I thinking cleaning a gun is the number 1 thing any dad does as a subliminal warning for that first date.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 07:48:39 PM »
Do a Major Payne on them

"Its been two weeks and I aien't killed anything!"
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 06:01:59 PM »
I've often thought leaving a silhouette target with 13 out of 14 rounds touching each other in the bullseye had a significant effect on the fiancé of my oldest daughter, but with HIM being a former Marine and his father being ex-military similar to Don's crowd laid a good foundation! 

The wedding next Sept. will be comical - I told my daughter I'd be the one with an odd bulge in the cumber-bun and his dad said the same thing!  He's from Texas, me Illinos and they're getting married in Detroit.......I think they're trying to get their fathers in trouble, or thin out the oxygen thieves in the motor city!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:24:22 PM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 07:01:31 PM »

I thinking cleaning a gun is the number 1 thing any dad does as a subliminal warning for that first date.

THIS is why I come here....I told a LOT of people around here what I did and I had so many people look at me with a TOTAL lack of understanding or that "you own a gun?" look/comment. Sheesh. Did I tell you I hate this state? :(

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 10:56:20 PM »
mike used oxygen thief........;D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 11:20:09 PM »

THIS is why I come here....I told a LOT of people around here what I did and I had so many people look at me with a TOTAL lack of understanding or that "you own a gun?" look/comment. Sheesh. Did I tell you I hate this state? :(

Reminds me:

This is my weapon, this is my gun, this ones for fighting, this ones for fun.....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 08:49:06 AM »
Mikey: Settle down, settle down!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

OldKooT

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 11:07:30 AM »
My wife meets the girls dates. I have been told I should not come into contact during the initial stages of dating. They still hold it against me that I once chased one of my Daughters boy friends down a sidewalk in my Pickup after basically driving over his car. It's been a decade since then...or close.

Flip side, my wife's no push over, and she makes sure the "boys" are aware she knows their Mom, Grandmother, and most likely their entire blood line. Which seems to keep things on some semblance of balance.

I just sit at a distance and watch, sometimes I summon my faithful companion "dumb dog" He is trained to urinate on vehicles wheels on command.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 04:12:10 PM »
don't feel bad norm, you are just being kept in wait for the real emergency!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What to say - Application to Date My Daughter
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 11:45:24 AM »
I think this is as appropriate today as when I came across it 20 years ago!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
That is fantastic!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2015, 04:07:05 PM »
Downloaded!!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 04:27:42 PM »
That form is awesome. Don't have any daughters, but if I did...
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2015, 06:12:44 PM »
I past that form around to 2 of the boyfriends this weekend, and told them that although they are already dating, that the answers still apply!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2015, 07:06:03 PM »
so in other words you gave them home work.........and when is the home work due?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal