TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

My Cabin Build/Reno

(1/67) > >>

Sammconn:
Well here we go, I've assembled most of the pictures i can find. Looking through them I am sure some are missing.
This is a collection of two phones, and no less than three different cameras, so it's been a bit of a recce to get this meany together.

Long story longer, 15 years ago, when we moved up here we discussed if we wanted to think about a cabin.
Though long and hard, and a few were for sale, including this one. I spent a few weekends visiting the potential candidates, and this would be the one.
Got to talking with mama, and we decided we did not need to incur any more debt that we were in at the time.
So reluctantly we passed on the opportunity. The cabin sites on this lake are all on crown land, via a 100 year lease, and two years later, the decision was made to no longer issue new leases. So here we were, thinking of a few spots, paying down debt, and collecting 'stuff', and now we're screwed.

Fast forward twelve years, three more owners, and this very cabin is up for sale again.
Talked with the owner, went and had a look, not a lot had changed, but there was an incredible amount of 'junk' and 'mess' kicking about.
We discussed price, and were a long way apart. I had a number in which I could cut a cheque and be done, a fair way off where the owner was.
Like before, didn't want to borrow to do it, so we passed. The summer went by, I was working a camp job out of town, home for my week in late September or October, I don't exactly remember and will find out.
A quiet Saturday morning, me and mama just relaxing with the dogs, and the phone rings.

My number had just been called! Apparently the owner needed it gone, did not know my number, as I had never mentioned it earlier in the year, but said it out loud to me. I hung up in awe, told mama, and off to the lake we went to meet him. Looked the place over and wrote the cheque.

Here it is that day, pulled up in the boat and snapped a few pics.

And a bit of inside.

Sammconn:
Here it is tonight.

And as much as I can't believe it, I didn't have any up to date interior pictures.
So yall are going to have to wait.
I found one of the kitchen.

Dawg25385:
Nice! I'm glad you're sharing this, excited to see what's in store for us

KensAuto:
Hmm, photos no bueno for me.

Sammconn:
I'll get them sorted tonight.
I moved a bunch around online and apparently broke some links.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version