Hello Guest

Author Topic: It's getting awful late to getting preparred!  (Read 765 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
It's getting awful late to getting preparred!
« on: September 12, 2015, 06:40:10 PM »

It's 'awful late' to get prepared, warns Jim Bakker

You have to take care of your family' and others

There’s war in Ukraine and the Middle East. And persecution of Christians in the Holy Land and around the world.  Even in the United States.

Then there is a  border crisis of “biblical” proportions in Europe. And the beginning of a new  Shemitah cycle accompanying trouble in the American economy.

Trouble looms on many fronts, but if you are just starting to prepare, says evangelist Jim Bakker, “You are awful late.”

Bakker made the comment in a discussion with pastor, talk-show host and author  Carl Gallups on “The Jim Bakker Show.”

Gallups was discussing his new book, “Be Thou Prepared,” which shows Christians how to survive persecution and disaster.

“I love it,” commented Bakker on Gallups’ ideas. “You have to take care of your family.”

Gallups said it’s not just a good idea but a “God-given responsibility.”

And the pastor believes preparation isn’t just about providing for those close to you – it’s about carrying out the Great Commission.

“We make these preparations so that we might survive. We survive so that we may provide for our families, so that we might minister the Gospel of Jesus Christ to those around us, particularly those who haven’t prepared,” he said.

“So if we’re sitting around worried about food and water and clothing and shelter and we’re scrounging and scrapping and scraping, we can’t minister to the neighbor next door, or to the person across the street or to the lost person down the road – or, to the world that’s going crazy because they thought we were a bunch of nuts until the time came when they don’t have anything, either.”

Gallups advises Christians to “take care of your family first, but not in a selfish way.”

The goal, said Gallups, is for you to have the “peace in your heart” so that on the “day when it all falls apart, you haven’t fallen apart.”

The audience  applauded as Gallups recounted how he ministered to his community after a hurricane. He was only able to do that, he said, because he was prepared.

But as Gallups noted, preparedness isn’t just about natural disasters. It’s about responding to man-made tragedies, too.

Bakker said the recent shooting at an African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina, was part of a trend of churches under attack. Bakker also spoke of reports alleging terrorist infiltration of churches.

Gallups urged people to reject paranoia but embrace preparedness, because the possibility of danger is always there. Gallups observed that the murderer in South Carolina was able to reload five times.

Because the church was a “gun-free zone,” all victims could do was sit, huddled in fear.

“That ain’t gonna happen at my church,” said Gallups.

He especially was critical of Christians who claim they do not need to prepare because they think the world is ending soon. Gallups argues that preparedness isn’t just for apocalyptic scenarios but for events that are happening all the time around the world.

“There’s coming a time called the Great Tribulation marked by the rise of the Antichrist. I understand the theology, I understand the eschatology; but let’s talk about life. If you’re in the deserts of Iraq watching your children’s heads get cut off and your daughters and wives raped, would you look at them and say, ‘Don’t worry, it’s going to get worse than that’? Right there in that moment, it doesn’t get any worse than that.”

He condemned those who urge Christians to be complacent because “the rapture is coming.”

“How arrogant is that! How arrogant is that! How godless is that!” he cried, as the crowd erupted in applause.

Showing anguish about the eventual fate of those who remain unprepared and are told to remain unworried, Gallups said through gritted teeth, “Tell the Christians in Iraq that.”

Or, he noted, Christians in China, North Korea or Sudan.

According to Bakker, much of the world outside the United States is already in the midst of the Tribulation, with believers being beheaded, enslaved or even crucified.

But Gallups says even Christians in America should be alert to the possibility of danger.

“Christians sit here in America, and because we sit here, and Starbucks is over there and our favorite TV show is on tonight, pastor Jim [Bakker] comes along and says, ‘Look, just use your common sense and prepare, get some food, get some water purification products, get some power products, prepare for tough times, even if it’s a hurricane,’ and people call him crazy. People call me crazy. But it’s already happening all over the world to brothers and sisters of Jesus Christ.”

He explained Christians in the Middle East saw their lives fall apart in a matter of hours.

“Those hundreds of thousands of Christians in the deserts of Iraq and the Middle East right now, tens of thousands of children who’ve been orphaned because their parents have been killed, those hundreds of thousands were dispossessed overnight! They were doctors and lawyers and business owners; they had homes and cars and bank accounts. Then ISIS came into those areas and said, ‘You leave by tomorrow or you get your heads cut off.’”

Gallups noted believers were told they could not bring clothes, money or even their cars.

“And they went in the desert, and a lot of them are still there. And now they are having to scrounge for the basics, the food, the water, the clothing, the shelter.”

Gallups wondered how American Christians have thus far been spared.

“Here in America, we’ve been so blessed,” he said. “I praise God and pray he continues some of those blessings. I don’t know how He can considering what we’ve done to Him and His Word.”

He said not only can things get bad, they can do that quickly.

“I’m telling you this as a pastor and former law-enforcement officer who lived through those scenarios. I know what I’m talking about.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/09/its-awful-late-to-get-prepared-warns-jim-bakker/#rmErlOtqy1DCrAzf.99
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal