Hello Guest

Author Topic: Live it! Making God real!  (Read 2807 times)

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Live it! Making God real!
« on: October 02, 2015, 10:01:01 AM »
Think I'll start a new thread here about practical applications of God! Yep I want to write about and share experiences I have had where God was in the middle of things in my life and not a life preserver hanging on the wall over there.

Last night I was driving home with my two boys. You guys know I really love those guys, and another one that lives a long ways off. Many has been the long and deep conversations we have had and in their core lives the spirit of God. I know it because in their lives he isn't one who they make reference to in one of those typical conversations, "I wonder if Jesus did that?"
No, with them they just display a confidence because they really have given it all to him

So driving home last night after football practice...well after the pizza I bought them after football practice, we are talking about the Army. Odd how that came up out of the blue eh? The older one says that mom told him if he wants to go into the military he needs to join the Air Force or the Navy so that he will be out of harms way. I was chuckling to myself thinking of all the Seals I have hauled into the teeth of the dragon and those Air Force PJ's that went down in my Chinook in Desert Storm.

Anyway the older one says that and the younger fullback/line-backer says I'm going Army. I interjected that Army or Marines is acceptable, then I gave them my speech about not washing your feet with your socks on and all that.

The older one says the Army and the Marine Corps are more dangerous and that's where he is going. He goes on, "Dad I want to be in the infantry, I want to lead men and see combat." It was a moment of centering for me. I know combat, and I love those boys, and I have hauled shot up and dying boys off those battlefields and lost some onboard. Suddenly I am having some doubt creep in. Then the little one who is and has been staring out the window all the time says, it doesn't matter what we do, God will protect us!

He said that so matter of factly that I could see he completely, 100%, believed that God would take care of him and he just needed to go do what he felt he was being told to do...no questions asked

You see he has placed Faith in God and the good news of Jesus at his core, his center, it is the foundation he is building his house upon. That's practical God right there

Thought I'd share.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Live it! Making God real!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 10:26:37 AM »
That would make a grown man tear up.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 10:37:48 AM »
From the mouths of Babes.  Jesus said bring the little ones to me.  Great job.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 11:58:38 AM »
Heck, I'm chokin' back a little here myself, but then again my wife says I'll never grow up. Good boys there Don and great share. Thank you.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 12:50:41 PM »
Thanks men!

I was thinking we might turn this into a "Practical God/Jesus thread.

A lot of people just don't know the practical application piece to Christianity, how to live it

Here's one: Money/wealth

From a Christianity standpoint hoarding it is NOT the way to having money. Actually giving it away is how you get more! Sound crazy? It's anything but.

OK we know how Jesus preached on money. The evils of it, giving it, what to do with it in some cases. And God says, trust me first with your money. How?

This is the practical piece of Financial Christianity. Tithe the first 10%, yup, just write out a check and give it to your church. That is actually old testament giving and some would argue that the amounts are negotiable. Not for me though, 10% is the number. I get a check for $2,000, the church is getting a check for $200. So simple even an old helicopter pilot can remember. Now God says to trust him.

He is telling us to go ahead and give the money to your church and he will take care of you. And for a personal testimony it is absolutely true! Now want to get in a little deeper? Then stretch your faith.

How you ask? Well you have $1000 in your finger/hand group. You know you have a tithe of $100, leaves you $900. God tells us to be joyful givers, so when you see that certain need, maybe a widow, a neighbor, young person struggling, or church need, well give them another $100. Why? Because that $900 is all yours, true? Sure is, and to give up another $100 leaves you even less. It places the Christian in a place where he may not have enough to get what he needs, It places him squarely into the nebulous "Faith zone."

God will immediately see and know that, and HE SAYS, he will reward you! Anyone here think God forgets things? Didn't see what you did? Or lies?

You see your father, Abba Father will be pleased, and just like this dad bought pizza for some hard working boys last night out real father will reward you the same way, but even more so.

If you don't believe me, then with a giving and glad heart do it...and share with us what God did for you. Be prepared to be amazed!

Practical Christianity...

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 08:42:40 AM »
I like this idea of making Christianity practical and easily applied to one's life.

The practical Christian

The mandate of this site is mentoring, helping, teaching, and leading young men. Also, men who are searching, men who need fellowship, those who could use a little encouragement, and ones who God has sent our way.

So mentoring and teaching we will, so long as the need is there.

This is more of a tip or suggestion, but you can find a strong basis of it in functioning ordered societies. It's a simple one really, and here it is:

Make your bed every morning! While you are making it praise God and Praise Jesus. I mean thank him! Thank him for your health, thank him for your children, thank him for your income, the fact that your old truck is still running, for the good night's sleep you just had, for him creating coffee beans, everything. Want it to be even more effective? Say it out loud and get loud. Lift him up and rejoice in the fact that you are his and he is your father.

I went to basic training where I learned how to make a bed Army style. Tight, corners on the 45 and tucked in with nary a wrinkle. Again in NCO academy I had to make that bunk inspection ready every day, one of the first things I did. Later on in Officers Candidate School  had to do that for months while I transitioned into the officer corps and became a pilot. With all the training, and the academics and the physical training, with all that, my bunk was always inspection ready.

I lived an ordered life, serving a military, and all in a controlled, regulated and reasonable manner. And although at one time I flew some of the military's most sophisticated aircraft costing upwards of 80 mil apiece, I did all that starting with making my bed.

Try it, and change your life

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2015, 10:32:27 AM »
Thank you Don, what a nice read this morning.

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 12:11:56 PM »
One little thing that I try to do, in the vein of being a Christian servant... I always try to open or hold the door for people at the office (men, women, superiors, juniors, doesn't matter), and try to be the last off the elevator every time. It's a small thing, but it helps keep me grounded. Also try to give a genuine smile and hello or "good morning" in passing, sometimes it can change someone's day for the better!

Try it (if you don't already)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2015, 12:50:56 PM »
 don, If I made my bed every morning, I'd have to tuck the sheets over my wife.....I get up at 5 and she gets up at 6:30..LOL

Here is one that I try to work on.  When I'm worn out at the end of the day it can be tough to remember.

Ephesians 5:25New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2015, 02:16:49 PM »
i thought that this was fitting, because this will be the pre rangers in a couple years and and RN will be the one come runnin out the house yellin the curfew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hvEmhWdaXg
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2015, 04:12:18 PM »
Little to add, great stuff.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 08:35:36 AM »
Learn how to find God and talk to him...Try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_tVD6dHS-8

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal