Hello Guest

Author Topic: Components In Stock  (Read 5135 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Components In Stock
« on: October 23, 2015, 04:36:13 PM »
Any of you reloaders of 5.56, Powder Valley has H335 powder and various .224 projectiles in stock.

I just ordered another 24lbs of H335 and 3000 projectiles.

Still no Varget to be had, unfortunately.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: Components In Stock
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 05:59:01 PM »
Any of you reloaders of 5.56, Powder Valley has H335 powder and various .224 projectiles in stock.

I just ordered another 24lbs of H335 and 3000 projectiles.

Still no Varget to be had, unfortunately.

So for those that don't do reloading, roughly how much does it cost to reload vs buying in bulk?

Since I saw an ad for 500 rds of 62 gr 5.56 for $ 219.

I don't expect you to do an exact number but roughly. As that ad stands it's $.43 a round, so what's the cost difference?
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 10:07:44 PM »
Assuming you  have reloadable brass.....

26 grains of H335 per round. 7000 grains in a pound.  $155/8 pounds with hazmat charge.

269 rounds per pound. $19.38/lb, 7.2 cents per round in powder costs.

10.75 cents per round for privi 62gn FMJ (or $10.75 per $100)

3.7 cents per primer ($37 per 1000)

So, realistically 21.65 cents per round. Or about 1/2 the cost
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 09:25:51 AM »
Well, to do it legally in OB's world

You'd want to count yourself as your own employee (Liberal logic, I don't get it either) so I calculate it takes 2 hours to manufacture the 100 rounds. With minimum wage for Americans of $10.50 an hour or if you're an illegal or ISIS jihadist masquerading as a refugee, then with government bennies, say $35 an hour.

Since you are an employee of yourself you need to pay unemployment tax on yourself, another $10.50, and carry the proper medical coverage which on your local OB health exchange works out to $4 an hour, + the $1,200 co pay for your annual checkup. Let's just say it's an even $50, good so far?

Since you paid yourself for working legally for yourself, then you have to pay some taxes on that income, and I can't quite figure out how you do that anyway, so let's just say you paid $20 for grins, OK? moving along was there any driving involved? Think road taxes, license fees, auto insurance and the like, but the heck with that, it just came in the mail, another, say $10.55.

Let's not forget energy costs now. We'll assume you have a light at the job site (Reloading bench). You burned that fluorescent for the two hours and that added another .02 to the cost. However if you live in Kentucky or one of the other heinous states that burn, dare I mention it...Coal, then we have to pay an energy penalty charge for poisoning the earth. That's now 13% here, but somehow with liberal math we'll say it's another .01. That totals another .03 per one hundred and even though that doesn't matter one owl hoot, the fact that some skinny flower lover who never kissed a girl made that decision without my congress getting involved just burns my hide...continuing:

Back to you legally hiring yourself. Did you factor in social security? Hmmm, forgot that one. Well, you got's to pay the standard amount and then that amount again since you employ yourself. Figure another $10 out of the $20-$30 you paid yourself, to add in to the price of these rounds.

Now the job site (work bench) does it meet OSHA standards for working with dangerous and hazardous materials? Have you received the annual training? Well, we both know you just blew all that nonsense off, so, actually you can legally be looking at a $10,000 fine. But we'll just say that didn't happen because being a guy who reloads makes you much smarter than 98.99% of liberals to begin with, but you could be looking at that fine, just sayin!

But surely you have the proper gloves (which wear out) the breathing protection, proper clothing, not those cut offs and T-shirt with the stain on it, nope proper Washington bureaucrat thinkin' safety clothes. You'll want to properly ground the steel toes so you don't get to sparkin' while trying to get this all done in a hurry so you can keep your labor cost low. One static spark, and we're looking in factoring the long hospital stay and reconstructive surgeries, which if your an American will cost like $100,000, but if you're a refugee then it's all free, so go ahead and blow yourself up. Hmmm just remembered, if you are a refugee, you already know how to do that, how cool!

OK, where were we. Still trying to figure out how much these rounds cost. Presently we are around $43.22 a round or 4,322.22 for the hundred. So legally speaking while thinking like a liberal it's best not to reload, just buy the ammo. But being a liberal, you don't need any ammunition because you don't have any guns.

I'm see cost savings here. Change my mindset, then I save $4,322 each time I would have reloaded. With that I can buy a few hundred saplings and stick them in the ground somewhere and send more money to Hillary and the peace activists imbedded in the ISIS movement!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:32:55 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 09:34:04 AM »
^^^^Masterpiece! Let me just brag on myself here a minute!

And all that before the first sip of quoffee!

Amazing (or scary?)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 10:08:23 AM »
I just spit coffee through my nose.....

Or option two:  hire an illegal to do it. Don't pay any taxes. Get liberal love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 10:25:14 AM »
Assuming you  have reloadable brass.....

26 grains of H335 per round. 7000 grains in a pound.  $155/8 pounds with hazmat charge.

269 rounds per pound. $19.38/lb, 7.2 cents per round in powder costs.

10.75 cents per round for privi 62gn FMJ (or $10.75 per $100)

3.7 cents per primer ($37 per 1000)

So, realistically 21.65 cents per round. Or about 1/2 the cost

Nice.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 12:21:25 PM »
don is in rare form this morning
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 12:33:53 PM »
don is in rare form this morning
Literally
Still in my jammies all sniffled up with some head, cold feeling I got run over by Sarge

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 02:15:52 PM »
Literally
Still in my jammies all sniffled up with some head, cold feeling I got run over by Sarge

Sounds like a pilot might need to take advantage of mandatory crew rest...

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 03:31:53 PM »
Prescription. :  honey , lemon , whiskey.  Drink the whiskey, throw the honey and lemon in the trash. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 04:23:16 PM »
Got my dose of humour for the day. Bravo....to all that made me grin.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 10:26:00 PM »
If Don had to reload he would never get anything done.

I see 855 for under $400 all the time, but reloading most of use a progressive so it way over 100rds hour.

Buy powder and primers in larger quanity and they pay the fees often.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2015, 12:34:58 AM »
Running my Dillon I can easily crank out 800 an hour once all the prep is done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2015, 12:52:18 PM »
As long as you have an auto bullet feed you are set. (like a child)
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 02:06:25 PM »
So, how many out there started with a "Lee-Loader"

I did...222 remington

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 04:44:08 PM »
Rock Chucker here.

I have a Forster Co-Ax for precision work now

This is my 650 with case feeder.  Here I am prepping 5.56 cases by running them through the depriming, sizing die and the trimmer die. These are the once fired military Lake City cases that then have to be swaged.

Once I do that and tumble the lube off, I load them back in the top and add the primer feeder and set the powder thrower.

Once I get all set up I can place the bullets by hand and crank out about 800/hr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jURGY1OgfAM

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 11:14:29 PM »
Lots more to it than trying to save a few bucks... Remember to add in the cost of all the equipment and small tools sitting around the reloading bench. In time the costs per round comes down but boy the initial set up costs...

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 11:59:32 PM »
No kidding, Bob!  I've loaded about 15000 rounds of 5.56 on my set up and another 3-4000 of 7.62 on the precision Forster and I may have just broken even....
]
Dies, gauges, micrometers, electronic powder scales, books, logs, presses, powder throwers, and the list goes on....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal