TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Shops Garages and Barns

Small Barn Construction

<< < (3/3)

moto123:

moto123:

moto123:

moto123:
Ugh ... my work computer locked me out of my own thread with an error message about not allowing access to websites that allow playing games ... wtf?!?

So I posted these quick from my phone, no internet at home.  But you get the idea.  1/2 inch plywood sheeting with galvanized sheet metal roof and walls.  All the dark grey trim was found in menards scratch and dent metal pile.  I think it was $0.50 per foot.  I saved around $200 there.  The plywood was similarly $5 per sheet instead of $15 because they had dropped a pallet and damaged the corners of most of them.  So all done with the gravel and everything I am at approx $800.

And aesthetically I was pretty happy with it  until my wife saw it.  Her first comment ... why did you build a manger?  I don't have a good answer, other than its what I felt like at the time and it was the most efficient use of the length of plywood and metal I had for the roof.  But perhaps next time I will sketch something to see if she has a better idea first. 

TexasRedNeck:

--- Quote from: moto123 on November 02, 2015, 01:55:40 PM ---
And aesthetically I was pretty happy with it  until my wife saw it.  Her first comment ... why did you build a manger? 

--- End quote ---

That's when you should say " When you get out here and help build then you can have a vote in how it gets done"......on the inside....

I think it looks fantastic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version