Hello Guest

Author Topic: Honest assessment  (Read 2598 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:36:08 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Honest assessment
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 05:30:15 PM »
Undecided at the moment
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 08:06:27 PM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 09:15:35 PM »
Assessment of the concept or his specific comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 09:43:08 PM »
Assessment of the concept or his specific comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assessment of the reality which I believe we must face. What Bob Owens wrote not necessarily the quotes from Pat Rogers, I don't think those quotes helped his article. Pat Rogers from what I have read in the past tries to be a pretty large personality and that is again reflective in those quotes. Bob Owens seems to put him up on a pedestal which is not needed imo especially the day after Paris. If I misunderstood your question let me know.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 09:43:53 PM by stlaser »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Honest assessment
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »
I wholeheartedly agree with the idea that it will happen here.  We've got a porous border and OTMs have been flooding across it. We've already had lone wolf attacks. We have a Muslim sympathizer in chief and a PC government.  After 9/11 you'd have thought we'd get serious but we just let it fade from our memories and wait for the next twin tower incident to wake us back up instead of being vigilant.

Weapons training is good, don't get me wrong, the first thing that has to be trained is the mind. Situational awareness at all times, not just when you're feeling tactical is step one. Then you must know what to do even if you do not have a weapon. The last step is deploying a weapon in a bad situation and being prepared to deal with the consequences, both emotionally and physically. ( and financially, in some cases)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:03:59 AM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2015, 09:20:11 AM »
I just didn't realize I am a  f**ktard sometimes when I don't conceal carry.  ::) I have to change being so law abiding. 
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 04:08:35 PM »
I honestly didn't spend much time on his rant. Probably because I've been called worse by better imo. However, you do bring up a good point. When do you knowingly break the law when it comes to CC? Post office, bank, your work? Granted a couple of those are federal offenses if you get caught. But when I was in my GM position I always cc'ed against company policy. I know for a fact I wasn't the only one either. I guess I always thought I'd rather have it then not and I was betting I wouldn't get fired, possibly demoted but that would have been a positive anyhow! This coming from a guy who has cc'ed for 20 years and never drawn even during altercations. Now my wife on the other hand refuses to do so. But when I visit her I break their policy every time as I feel the gun free zone is their rule not mine..... ;)

I just didn't realize I am a  f**ktard sometimes when I don't conceal carry.  ::) I have to change being so law abiding.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 08:02:05 PM »
Wonder if French citizens can sue their government for the right to bear arms?  One can argue that being disarmed led to mass casualties as opposed to a few armed law abiding citizens ending it earlier.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 09:56:38 PM »
I would say they most likely can however I doubt the libtards will go along with that.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2015, 08:44:35 AM »
I honestly just cracked up at seeing "f**ktard". I haven't seen that in a long time. Too funny. You can pretty much call me anything but late for dinner and I don't care. I have pretty thick skin.

Deciding to carry or not for me boils down to what do I have to lose. I have had CC license for that past 20 years and except for when I lived in the communist New Jersey I have never been a 24X7X365 carrier. I work in the Transportation and Logistic industry. The DOT, DOD, DOE ... pick an acronym.... have very strict rules. The companies that I have worked for in this industry have had very strict rules also except when I worked in Texas. Many of us carried there and for good reason. They had a driver come in a shoot a fleet manager one day and another threaten the COO at HQ.

But back to what do you have to lose. If I was to carry at my current position and at previous other non CC friendly companies I would be fired. No tolerance. So the risk of losing my job is very real vs needing it at work in a very rural area of Minnesota. Would I feel more comfortable carrying, yes. Am I near several hotbeds of Muslim trouble spots, yes. But I would put my family in more risk and upheaval by losing our only family income than feeling comfortable at work.

I don't carry when I go to a professional sporting event even though it is a target rich environment. I don't carry if I go to a courthouse or commercial airport. My mindset is much different when I have my family with me or when it is just me. When possible I always have a knife.

And hey... after losing 45 pounds I might be able to get up off the ground if I get knocked down now!  :P
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal