Hello Guest

Author Topic: Hello for PFI Optics  (Read 4566 times)

Offline PFIRich

• Registered
    • View Profile
Hello for PFI Optics
« on: December 15, 2015, 04:43:27 PM »
Hi, this is Rich from Pride Fowler Industries.  We are an riflescope optics manufacturer that specializes in first focal plane optics utilizing patented ballistic reticle designs for military, LE, and civilians.  I invite you to take a look at our website at www.RapidReticle.com and our videos on www.Youtube.com

Don and I had a nice conversation about our optics and he suggested introducing myself.  Please feel free to field me any questions about our equipment or for general shooting questions for that matter.  I look forward to chatting with you guys and seeing our optic on top of Don's Sig 716! 

Sincerely,

Richard M. Nguyen
Vice President/Military Liaison
RROSM-Pride Fowler Industries
Ph: (832) 377-6765
Fx: (877) 893-4502
www.RapidReticle.com

Richard M. Nguyen
www.RapidReticle.com

Offline sideways

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Hello for PFI Optics
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 05:18:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

I have two of your scopes. One of the last generation of 22lr. on my Ruger Charger and  a revolution 556 on one of my ARs.

Offline PFIRich

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 05:55:09 PM »
Fantastic!  I imagine that you have good feedback?
Richard M. Nguyen
www.RapidReticle.com

Offline sideways

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 06:11:17 PM »
yes sir. I love them, especially the 22 scope. I think I amaze people when I switch from 100 to 200yds and hit a can with a 22lr with 10" barrel.

I wish I would have waited to buy it thought, the new revolution came out a few months after I bought mine.

I haven't had the chance to stretch the legs of the 556 yet. It is dead on at 200yds. I have no doubt its on farther out.

Offline PFIRich

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 06:28:53 PM »
Fantastic!  I think that a lot of people think that long distance shooting is sort of exotic.  I tell people all the time that it just math, and we put it into a visual format that is easy to translate.  Would love to see pics of your setup and results of your shooting!

For all reading this, note that we ALWAYS take care of our warfighters, active or retired, and LEO's.  Our discounts are the least we can do to show appreciation for those who've sacrificed so much. 
Richard M. Nguyen
www.RapidReticle.com

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 09:24:17 PM »
Welcome Rich

I think you will find this place a "Target rich" environment!!!!!

(Man, that was clever...could work that several different ways!) ;)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 09:28:46 PM »
Welcome rich
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Online Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 09:58:12 PM »
Welcome.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 11:01:37 PM »
Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 02:40:55 AM »
Welcome. I was just looking at the website and browsing scopes last night.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 04:18:19 PM »
Welcome!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 09:04:43 PM »
Rich, welcome.  I think some insight into the differece between a $3,000 optics and a $300 optic would be helpful.

Things like construction of the erector system, glass, and other parts would be great.

Thanks!
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline PFIRich

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 04:03:42 AM »
Thank you for the suggestion.  There are 3 different classes of product.  The USO-PFI Series is made here in the US Optics factory.  US Optics makes high end optics and the series utilizes our reticles.  Currently, we have a reticle in the SR8 body designed for the MK17 weapon system, but it could used with any 16" 7.62x51 system.  The other is the USO-PFI-BLK which is designed for the .300BLK and 7.62x39.  Both optics are intended for military use and houses the finest components.

The PFI Tactical Series is a proprietary mil-spec product line made at the Light Optical facility in Japan.  This is where our RR-900's and RR-CQLR optics are made.  The SOPS-Compact is also made in Japan, but at the Kenko facility.  All three optics have or are being used with the US military and other foreign forces. 

The RR-Evolution Series is a line of optics that we built for the civilian market.  Every optic features quality components like BAK7 glass, all aluminum body, etch reticles, and illumination.  The scopes are manufactured at a partner facility in China...one of only a handful of facilities capable of producing quality first focal plane optics.  Because we are able to manufacture the optics here, we can offer these riflescopes at an incredible budget friendly cost to the consumer.  Each scope whether for the .22LR to the .308 go through three shocks tests equivalent to the recoil of a .50BMG rifle to ensure durability. 

We are very proud of all of our optics and offer a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.  If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to ask!  Thanks!

Rich
Richard M. Nguyen
www.RapidReticle.com

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2015, 07:51:36 AM »
Thanks Rich,

I have everthing from Lupy $200 scopes up to the USO and Schmidt and Bender. They all have their places.

I've heard that the gears in the erector system of some lesser scopes are nylon versus brass and that the construction is such that repeatability is not as good.  Even some of the early generation USO scopes needed to be dialed past and retruned to zero from the same direction each time to retain accurate zeros for that matter.

Also that the glass from Schott in Germany increases the cost dramatically over some of the Japanese glass that has gotten very good (e.g. like the Vortex Razor HD and some of the Nikon lenses)

What intrigues me is that a scope that has a reticle such as yours would not require as much dialing since elevation and holds are contained the in reticle.  That would seem to negate the "need" for a super high end scope for some peopele and make a lower priced scope with lesser construction in the erector system make a lot of sense for a mid range rifle, say 700M and in, where density altitude and other factors affecting long range shots are not as critical.  Say, an AR-10 or the like where quick target acquisition and follow up shots would be ideal.

Woudl love for you to shed some light on how erector systems are manufactured and what makes a long lasting, consistently repeatable, erector system and how that impacts the cost of construction (apart from Pacific Rim manufacturing cost differences) as well as an estimate of the impact of cost on a scope just for the step up to German glass from Japanese glass and your opinion of the value or lack thereof.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 09:24:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Don always seems to be able to round up good talent. 

I had a much smarter gunman tell me recently that optics are gun specific    I was unaware and don't understand much either. 

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline PFIRich

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 06:27:00 AM »
Thank you.  Did you mean to say that our optics are gun specific?  If so, that is partly true.  Its more BC specific which in some circumstances would be gun specific.  In particular, each scope has a reticle for a particular BC and in most cases means that it is for a particular ammunition load and barrel length.  For example, the USO-PFI-762C is designed for the following ammunition and weapon configuration:

• 7.62x51: 175gr, B.C. 0.485-0.505 @ 2440 fps, 16” barrel
• 7.62x51: 175gr, B.C. 0.485-0.505 @ 2575 fps, 20” barrel
• 7.62x51: 168gr, B.C. 0.431-0.447 @ 2405 fps, 16” barrel
• 7.62x51: 147-150gr B.C. 0.397 to 0.410 @ 2600 fps, 16” barrel
• 5.56x45: 55-75gr, B.C. 0.234 to 0.272 @ 2660-3200 fps, 16” barrel

The RR-Evolution-5.56/7.62 that Don is getting works with:

 7.62NATO BC: 2430-2700 ft/s
 7.62 NATO (.308WIN) 175gr Sierra Match: BC = .505 @ 2,600 ft/s
 7.62 NATO (.308WIN) 168gr: BC – .462 @ 2,700 ft/s
 5.56 NATO (55gr, 62gr, 75gr) and 7.62NATO (147gr, BC: .401) (up to 600 yards)

We basically designed it for the 20" AR-10 platform shooting 168 or 175gr ammunition.  5.56x45 carries the same ballistic curve as .308 out to 600 yards.  That's why it works in the same scope. 

When reticles are designed, we focus on the most common weapon systems being used.  The military stuff is relatively simple since there are only a few calibers that we need to work with.  In the civilian work on the other hand, we have a scope for .22LR, .22WSM, .17HMR, .17WSM, and then there's the H which works with 180 of the most common hunting loads.  In the H, all those rounds have just about the same ballistic curve out to 600 yards.  After 600 yards, they start to deviate from each other.  In that scope, after 600 yards, there are series of crosses so shooters can figure out where their impacts are for 700, 800, 900, and so on and then use the crosses accordingly.

Does that make sense?
Richard M. Nguyen
www.RapidReticle.com

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 02:03:11 PM »
I believe it makes sense.
Can you define BC  in this usage?

Offline PFIRich

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 05:25:23 AM »
I believe it makes sense.
Can you define BC  in this usage?

BC = Ballistic Coefficient
Richard M. Nguyen
www.RapidReticle.com

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 10:49:52 AM »
BC is a measure of how efficiently the projectile cuts the air. Bigger number is better. Eg VLD (very low drag) bullets from Berger have some outstanding BCs. Generally the larger(longer) projectiles have better BC. Think of it like throwing a wiffle ball versus a base ball. You might get the wiffle going faster at first but it slows considerably versus the baseball over distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 06:11:02 PM »
Thank you

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal