GENERAL TOPICS > The Ladies Corner

having a hard time with this!

(1/3) > >>

Nate:
so I came across a statement that for the life of me I have just been to damned dumb to accept or to stupid to truly understand.

"When my wife does something frustrating, I just remind myself that I need her patience more than she needs mine and I'm blessed to have her!"

this is really becoming a thing for me here as of lately, because I am transitioning from something that is very regimented to the unknown.  on top of that, I am inadvertently treating my wife as if I was at work and that is not good at all.

:-[

halsey:

Thanks for posting this.  I remind myself every day that I am fortunate to have an accepting and supportive bride!
It helps to state the obvious sometimes. They are our greatest asset.

TexasRedNeck:

--- Quote from: nmeyer414 on December 31, 2015, 01:38:51 PM ---on top of that, I am inadvertently treating my wife as if I was at work and that is not good at all.

:-[

--- End quote ---

Oh man. I do that sometimes and I always regret it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stlaser:
Luckily for me this flows both ways in my house otherwise I'd always be in the doghouse.

Dmaxlovr:
 People can't "make" you feel anything Nate. Might be a good time to look inside yourself to find the root problem (which sounds like you already touched on not liking change). And you are blessed to have her. Treating her like she was a fellow coworker might be a clue to look inside. Perspective is everything and maybe frustration is justified. Maybe what frustrates you wouldn't frustrate the next guy? Or maybe it wouldn't  even bother you on a different day/time. I'm not saying I like the statement, but I'm guessing you might be the issue...not some statement. ugh. I hope you take that the right way. If anything does not come from love in the first place then it simply just isn't true. We need God's patience.
Feel free to tell me to mind my own business...
Colossians 3 -13,19

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version