Hello Guest

Author Topic: T-I-Double-Gurr-Err Tiger Build  (Read 54943 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: T-I-Double-Gurr-Err Tiger Build
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2016, 06:30:36 PM »
Not well! Lol
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »
Going to hit 60F tomorrow, so I'm going to hit the trail...First off road tryout!

I ordered an upper tank area crash bar, a slightly taller windshield, and a headlight protector for it. Would have been nice to get that tank guard on before slippin' and sliddin' in the mud tomorrow!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2016, 03:20:39 PM »
Next you'll be pulling a trailer,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2016, 03:29:46 PM »
Side car!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2016, 07:16:46 PM »
so how many miles do you have on that thing now?

have you been given more RPM's?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2016, 08:01:04 PM »
so how many miles do you have on that thing now?

have you been given more RPM's?
I'm approaching 500 where I will get a 1000 RPM jump

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2016, 05:57:26 PM »
Saturday was a wash. High (really high) winds. We were under a wind advisory and many trees here recently dead from that darned beetle were blown down.

But today was a different story. Winds abated somewhat, to gusts no more than 25mph so off to the races I went!

First, though I adjusted the suspension for what I believe it should be for my carcass and while doing that the mail man showed up with a box from Italy

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2016, 05:58:24 PM »
The box contained just what was needed to get the job done!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2016, 06:00:45 PM »
This is quality stuff. A straight through design but with enough mufflin' to keep me and the constabulary happy. Funny really, because me being a helo pilot, I can't hear anyway!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2016, 06:03:47 PM »
Hmmm, just realized that is an Italian flag on a british bike located in America, ridden by a hillbilly! Sort of makes me feel like having a multi-cultural experience!

That came off ricky tick! Like insert key, pull latch, watch box bounce off my big toe!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2016, 06:04:39 PM »
Only two bolts holdin' that thing on!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2016, 06:05:53 PM »
The stocker is HEAVY

I'll bet that Italian part is a quarter of the weight of that substantial stock piece

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2016, 06:08:57 PM »
It went on in a flash as well. It literally took more time getting the rubber sleeve fitted to the band than it did mounting the muffler!

It fit well. The pipe and muffler are held together by two strong springs, and the lower pipe fits back into the factory seal, and the muffler is held by a clamp and a single bolt

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2016, 06:12:32 PM »
It has a decibel killer, which I am using to keep the sound level down but give it a sweet triple sound.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2016, 06:13:37 PM »
Just collapse the snap ring and the DB killer pipe comes right out

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2016, 06:18:14 PM »
And with that, things get rude!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2016, 06:20:20 PM »
All buttoned up and ready for business

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2016, 06:33:28 PM »
I took it on dirt roads and it was fine.

Rocky wet roads, fine as well, but slow

Muddy roads NOT GOOD

Note to self: Shinko 705's are not mud tires. Riding back country roads the combo of the Shinko 705 rear and the Continental 80 fronts were outstanding. I was bending the bike down until that big 21" front gyroscope pushed back, saying, "That's quite enough, please!" I didn't get into peg to road contact, but I bet I was pretty close at times.

Overall, I would not give a bike this size high marks as a dedicated off roader. It will get along quite nicely on any highway back or dirt road, but slow it until you're creepin' along in the numba one gear, and you suddenly realize you brought a 450 pound motorcycle where 200 lb ought to be. I didn't drop it, but I nearly did maybe fifty times! When it got into gooey mud or slippery mud and grass, it would sink right in and want to start mining for limestone! I did a lot of trenching today. The fact that I can no longer see the oil filter nor tell if my riding jacket is black or desert tan (Dried mud) testifies to just how much of the state of Kentucky I was roster tailing! When you're in it, the only way out is to hit the gas and let the Shinkos negotiate with the traction molecules, hoping all the while the two can come to some sort of agreement!

I think when I change this rear tire out, I'm going all the way to a good 50/50 tire. Either that or ride this bike to the driveway, then park it and fire up the zuki and complete the trip on it!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2016, 09:27:53 PM »
I saw loose unsecured threads hanging off the muffla, that bike is now ruined. Plus I saw the elusive black dog.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2016, 09:38:56 PM »
No surprise, tires are everything.....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2016, 09:47:31 PM »
I saw loose unsecured threads hanging off the muffla, that bike is now ruined. Plus I saw the elusive black dog.
It's true Bobby

The bike is mud covered and now totally useless!

And of course those fibers caused the engine to fail!

Black dog just had his testicals donated to science!

Want to hear a good one? Well the neighbors (Obama lovers) hate that dog. He barks and makes them feel uncomfortable ;-))))))))

I just got done explaining to them that it is not a "Right" to be safe and feel comfortable! It is their right not to be bitten or attacked. But it is not their right to walk past my house without Ranger demonstrating some "Kick-Butt" attitude toward them.

Well they were complaining and threatening to call the police on me, yet again and Nate, my oldest made the observation, "Dad these people don't even have the courage to come and talk to you face to face. Maybe we should go get Ranger's balls and give them to Mr. _____! I about choked when he said that!

I was trying to decide if using the word "Balls" was cursing?? But it was so funny and well said that I just gave him a big slap on the back!

It was fun while I owned it!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 09:53:33 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2016, 10:10:14 PM »
Funny & appropriate.....

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2016, 10:28:07 PM »
Very funny!

...and in other news.......
The apple didn't fall from the tree.....my gramps used to say.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2016, 10:33:14 PM »
Tell them that falling to their knees and grabbing their attackers legs while screaming pleas don't hurt me is not an affirmative defense.

Nice bike Don. Glad you are getting it sorted out.

Now get your arse back to finishing square D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2016, 03:53:19 PM »
 ;DI would say the tire performed as designed. Not an off road tire at all.

What is a roster tail?

Have them come say hi to the dog, then give them some mountain oysters as a gift.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2016, 06:14:33 PM »
;DI would say the tire performed as designed. Not an off road tire at all.

What is a roster tail?

Have them come say hi to the dog, then give them some mountain oysters as a gift.
They won't come...Like Nate said, no, well, no gumption lets say.

You guys don't know the story, because I didn't share it, but Ranger took out a neighbors dog. And the neighbor is an Obama supporter. I have found that type to mostly be haters. No God in their life and at their core, just selfish control freaks. I guess this one is center of mass for the type. He walked past my house during the cold spell. That froze the ground which caused my electric fence to fail. Ranger figured it our PDQ. For some reason Ranger does not like his dog. Well he came Ranger bit and "The offended ones" came out of the woodwork. Well sorta. One guy started cussing, threatening and saying all the neighbors felt like he did that I shouldn't have a dog like Ranger but they were all afraid to confront me.
I said if a man only has the courage to talk about another behind his back, then he is not a man at all. I said that since no one said anything to me, it was all hearsay and spineless women/men chattering and to me that equals nothing having been said.
Well they amped up their attack...! They started by de-friending us on FB! Again doesn't reach a .01 on my importance meter, but I think by girly man standards that equates to a shove in the chest.

I brought back Ranger and the libtards exploded. Now they openly complained to each other...apparently

I'm appalled! Well, actually not, and in fact it doesn't matter to me. What does Blaine say. The affairs of sheep are of no concern to lions. Not that I am a lion. But apparently the affairs of sheep are of no concern to hillbillies either, because I do not care.

I am doing the responsible thing keeping Ranger in the house and walking him on a leash. But I am apparently not so well liked in my hood any more...Such sorrow!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2016, 06:39:06 PM »
If I had a problem with your dog & it came after me or my dog your dog would be gutted at worst & shot at best. Either way I probably wouldn't tell you unless you asked. But that's me, this getting together & openly complaining to each other behind your back doesn't register with me either. Sounds like you addressed the problem by keeping dog inside & walking on a leash. So what's there to discuss at this point?

On a similar note our first house was a ranch just outside of this small town right next to a crick. Town folk when they got tired of their pets would drop them off at said crick. Mainly cats, I hate cats & as such used them for target practice. Had a Marlin bolt action 22 Mag that took care of them nicely. So anyhow these cats always ended up in our compost pile. One day I shot a black one after spotting him hanging around for a week or two. Following week neighbor (I actually liked this guy btw) came over to ask if I shot a black cat lately because his grown son who lived a couple houses down was missing his cat. My response "yep I killed it & if it was his cat why was I feeding it out of my compost?" That ended that discussion in a hurry......

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2016, 07:55:51 PM »
If I had a problem with your dog & it came after me or my dog your dog would be gutted at worst & shot at best. Either way I probably wouldn't tell you unless you asked. But that's me, this getting together & openly complaining to each other behind your back doesn't register with me either. Sounds like you addressed the problem by keeping dog inside & walking on a leash. So what's there to discuss at this point?

On a similar note our first house was a ranch just outside of this small town right next to a crick. Town folk when they got tired of their pets would drop them off at said crick. Mainly cats, I hate cats & as such used them for target practice. Had a Marlin bolt action 22 Mag that took care of them nicely. So anyhow these cats always ended up in our compost pile. One day I shot a black one after spotting him hanging around for a week or two. Following week neighbor (I actually liked this guy btw) came over to ask if I shot a black cat lately because his grown son who lived a couple houses down was missing his cat. My response "yep I killed it & if it was his cat why was I feeding it out of my compost?" That ended that discussion in a hurry......
In response to your first statement. Ranger is no longer a threat to any law abiding person. But with liberals, and liberals who don't know God, it's about control and hatred. People like that aren't benevolent at heart, they are hateful. They are cowards for the most part and obviously sheeple since they lace the courage to just confront me. But maybe it's psychology that they want to hurt the sheepdog. They tolerate us, but left up to them they would rather do something for themselves than honor someone who served protecting their cowardly butts.

I see them conspiring...in secret of course, because evil dwells in the darkness, to try to do something to me and ranger because in their heart of hearts I think they know they are cowards and inadequate and lack all the things real men have. Kinda like a little lap dog comes in from the rear, then nips at your leg then runs. It lacks the courage for a frontal attack, but revels in the bite.

I was told just now that one of the neighbors was actually trying to coax the sled dog into his yard. This same poc (Piece of crap) threatened to shoot Ranger, although Ranger never attacked any of his family.

Oh Lord, can't you please come back soon???

I don't want to talk about this any more

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2016, 08:56:28 PM »
or send in the marines...

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2016, 09:55:01 PM »
At the top of the page I thought "sheeple". Funny how so many libs fit into that category.

He is here and boy is he testing us.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2016, 09:55:35 AM »
or send in the marines...

Someone changed that

That is a pic of Somalia, after the 160th tore it up.

Dem's Armee holes you're seeing there

But Marines are just as wasteful with ammo!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2016, 09:03:55 PM »
Let me try and stay ahead of those despicable DOTs wreckin' my thread!

OK, got some more boxes today:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2016, 09:04:58 PM »
Here's some dirty pics:

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2016, 09:07:11 PM »
First part is all about protecting my already banged up headlight lens. That trip to the farm took a bit of a toll. So on with a good protector before I go down there again

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2016, 09:08:04 PM »
Easy 5 min job!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2016, 09:10:01 PM »
Next Will be the upper gas tank and side cover guards.

These steel parts hail from Deutschland. For fun I tried to use the German language instructions, but quickly discovered I now lack that skill!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2016, 09:10:56 PM »
Off with the radiator shroud and side plastic pieces

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2016, 09:12:09 PM »
I guess they did an OK job of keeping Kintuckee farmland out of the critical areas

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2016, 09:13:00 PM »
They have to come all the way off

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2016, 09:14:46 PM »
The triumph Tiger uses the engine as a stressed member...Just like a sinner in church right before communion. So some really hard to get to bolts and nuts are next in play

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2016, 09:17:23 PM »
That second pic is of the aft mount and hardware stack-up going back into those ungodly holes!

I then temporarily hung the guards to check out clearances

It clearanced

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2016, 09:18:05 PM »
Next the front mount was bolted in place

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2016, 09:19:09 PM »
Then the side plastics were reinstalled and the new side guards rotated into place

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2016, 09:20:45 PM »
Got a place I can weld stuff to some day!

Cool!!

So the things don't stick out too far, and feel pretty stout.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2016, 09:22:18 PM »
Next up a Frenchie windshield adding it's sparkle to this multi cultural mud collector!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2016, 09:22:54 PM »
The hardware is gettin' pretty small...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2016, 09:24:15 PM »
The Frenchie is a tad bit wider and 10mm taller, but who's countin'?

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2016, 09:25:23 PM »
And it fit like it was meant to!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2016, 09:26:05 PM »
I fired it up, but the Ranger did not like that so much!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2016, 09:28:33 PM »
It was barely holding onto 50F when I strapped the bike on and went for a 15 mile loop. I have to say that little increase in windshield height made a big difference. My head wasn't getting buffeted side to side as much and I was able to handle the cold with no problem

Success!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal