Hello Guest

Author Topic: Big red is gunna be jealous...  (Read 3547 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Big red is gunna be jealous...
« on: February 12, 2016, 03:25:55 PM »
'Swiss Army knife' armored vehicle tank of future...
http://tiny.iavian.net/8y52
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Big red is gunna be jealous...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 04:38:18 PM »
cool concept..................
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 04:50:14 PM »
I've always said, give our teenagers xbox or playstation controllers and remote armor and we could dominate on the battlefield. (no slight to soldiers here, super hypothetical, perfect world, dreaming ideas here). Just think about the possibilities; no human casualties on our side because we have the very best professional gamers sitting in command centers digitally running the gauntlet for us. There's no fear or hesitation in the attacks because there is no possibility of injury, head on charges become the norm, and the enemy has no recourse.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 05:38:00 PM »
I cannot go into detail because of certain things tate, but your not TTTTTOOOOOOOOOO far off with what you just said...........
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 05:55:37 PM »
Autonomous robots there Tate- stuff in the Ironman movies isn't to far off.......... ::)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 05:57:48 PM »
You mean like this Nate?
Remember when these guys  (Howe and Howe) had their show on Discovery....cool as heck.

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product4542.html
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 06:31:48 PM »
Yes, exactly like that.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 07:23:30 PM »
that is still far fetched mike! 

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 07:35:08 PM »
that is still far fetched mike!

Aw, I had him going for a little bit there Nate......

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 03:08:17 PM »
'Swiss Army knife' armored vehicle tank of future...
http://tiny.iavian.net/8y52

I love how the media refers to anything with tracks as a "tank". SMH

Cool engineer/EOD rig though!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 03:16:22 PM »
I've always said, give our teenagers xbox or playstation controllers and remote armor and we could dominate on the battlefield. (no slight to soldiers here, super hypothetical, perfect world, dreaming ideas here). Just think about the possibilities; no human casualties on our side because we have the very best professional gamers sitting in command centers digitally running the gauntlet for us. There's no fear or hesitation in the attacks because there is no possibility of injury, head on charges become the norm, and the enemy has no recourse.

There is a place on the modern battlefield for remote vehicles, and that requirement seems to be growing as technology improves. That said, the Soldier is not going away any time soon. You just can not get enough environmental information from a work station miles away. The human body is an amazing computing machine, processing information through all 5 senses to the brain automatically for decision making. Often, we make decisions without actively thinking about them consciously. This can't be done as effectively when you only rely on one sense, vision, especially when that sense is limited to 2 dimensions. Just my $0.02.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 07:02:41 PM »
sean, you would be surprised just how much unmanned equipment is being tested for military use. 

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 08:03:32 PM »
sean, you would be surprised just how much unmanned equipment is being tested for military use. 
One unmaned thing that has proven more or less worthless, though, is the presidency!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 07:12:25 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2016, 11:32:16 AM »

Not really, I just don't see the human every being completely replaced on the battlefield. At least as long as people with common sense are making decisions....D@MN! There is a lack of that concerning budgetary decisions! Well, if machines ever do replace the human element on the battlefield, I think a hard lesson will be learned.
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2016, 12:20:20 PM »
Know about the "X" prize, right?

Money for landing a payload on the moon from private enterprise...

Let me announce the Real Man battlefield hillbilly challenge prize

At stake, is, well some steak cooked by none other than Chef Nate Meyers from our own humble site!

If you succeed in winning, at our expense you will be the recipient of a steak (or two) served up free of charge by us!

The challenge: Introduce an unmanned piece of equipment to a mock battlefield (My farm) with an objective of securing the Real Man headquarters and holding it for 24 hours against recapture by the RMHF (Real Man Hillbilly Force).

The RMHF consisting of the design and engineering team led by our own Koo-T will have exactly 24 hours upon seeing the hosted device to design countermeasures to prevent it from completing it's mission. The RMHF will have at it's disposal, anything found in Koo-T's barn, anything found on the farm to include animal deposits, other plant or minerals, or rusty parts. RMHF may use any construction technique known to and used by man up until the US Civil war, as well as trickery derived from Naval Tail-hook parties, Seal beach parties, or newly commissioned Army pilots celebrating their shiny new silver wings at the post graduation party. I suppose we can call of that Americana redneck and fool-hardy engineering for short.

So, US Military, are you feelin' lucky?

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 12:23:59 PM »
I'd be in for that, on the RMHF, of course!
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »
I'd be in for that, on the RMHF, of course!
Someone's gonna have to come up with a patch and unit crest!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 01:22:05 PM »
The RMHF consisting of the design and engineering team led by our own Koo-T will have exactly 24 hours upon seeing the hosted device to design countermeasures to prevent it from completing it's mission. The RMHF will have at it's disposal, anything found in Koo-T's barn, anything found on the farm to include animal deposits, other plant or minerals, or rusty parts. RMHF may use any construction technique known to and used by man up until the US Civil war, as well as trickery derived from Naval Tail-hook parties, Seal beach parties, or newly commissioned Army pilots celebrating their shiny new silver wings at the post graduation party. I suppose we can call of that Americana redneck and fool-hardy engineering for short.

So, US Military, are you feelin' lucky?

Not sure why but I am getting a "hey man, hold my beer" kind of feeling about this....

ha!

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 01:58:56 PM »
that already exists don

this is all that I can say for now from a google search perspective

http://www.precisionremotes.com/blogs/precision-remotes-blog/kraken--cosfps-with-precision-remotes-t-360-remote-weapons/

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 05:48:18 PM »
Nice system, but can you adjust the sensitivity to keep from shooting live stock? If so, then there is your way to defeat it. Crawl in to with in the radius of the weapon systems with a herd of cows, then use that weapon to destroy the sensors. Or, if you can identify the sensors, destroy them with coordinated sniper fire. Or, if you have a mortar system.....
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2016, 08:37:08 PM »
Based upon Don's parameters, RMHF effective rules of engagement state, "there are no rules or restrictions" (Seal Beach Parties.......scary)  :o

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2016, 08:59:26 PM »
Nice system, but can you adjust the sensitivity to keep from shooting live stock? If so, then there is your way to defeat it. Crawl in to with in the radius of the weapon systems with a herd of cows, then use that weapon to destroy the sensors. Or, if you can identify the sensors, destroy them with coordinated sniper fire. Or, if you have a mortar system.....
Way too much thinkin there Armee.

Think tar pits...stuff like that ;-))

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2016, 09:02:09 PM »

lets just say that this is a remotely operated system by man and it will do what don has asked it to do, that is all I can say at this time...........by the way, I am the one that named it kraken!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 10:24:46 AM »
lets just say that this is a remotely operated system by man and it will do what don has asked it to do, that is all I can say at this time...........by the way, I am the one that named it kraken!
Nice!
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal