Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1326626 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #900 on: July 23, 2016, 09:18:52 PM »
then add that to the list of laws criminals break.  whodathunkit?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #901 on: July 23, 2016, 09:37:41 PM »
Unloaded a lot of gear from the RV as I plan to file an insurance claim due to some structural issue in the front that is causing the frame to flex and crack the side wall.

Then organized the shop a bit and then welded some nuts to the utility trailer frame and installed wooden sides so that mulch, rock etc will be contained.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:35:31 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 23, 2016, 09:38:10 PM »
Went to the Farmer's market and got some Bison hearts and kidneys to add to Bear's food. Went to the Amish harness maker and picked up the belt I had him make for me... So much better than the flimsy belts at WalMart!
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 23, 2016, 09:43:37 PM »
Aren't the guns used in most of these attacks illegal or modified from legal?

I like the argument using vehicles vs guns. If I don't need a semi auto or a magazine that holds over 10 rounds, why do you need a vehicle that goes over 65mph and is responsible for more deaths than gun use can dream of. Plus there is no clause in the Constitution saying you can have or drive a vehicle.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 23, 2016, 09:49:03 PM »
Then made these for dinner. My 8 year old and I really enjoyed them.

Olive oil, butter with a salt-pepper-garlic spice mix.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 23, 2016, 10:27:40 PM »
I outgrew my roll around cart at work and came across this fruity,  used, larger one for a good price.
It hurt my eyes so much that I stripped it down and repainted it. Desert flat tan of course. ....
It'll be tough trying to keep greasy prints off, but I think it looks better now.

It looks blue in the pic but it was bright purple before.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 23, 2016, 10:29:27 PM »
Looks good.  What did the snap on man say after?

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 23, 2016, 10:57:21 PM »
What kind of paint do you use to make it tough and not subject to chipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 23, 2016, 11:56:56 PM »
Mr Snappy comes back by Monday. I may ask for his opinion, or not. lol

Just urethane with "dull" additive Tex.
I don't worry about chips, although my big box is 25 years old and still good as new, other than a layer of dirt. The previous owner must of been a body man, because it looked like he spilled thinner in the bottom. The powder coat was pealed up.....another reason to paint it.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 24, 2016, 12:02:55 AM »
Unloaded a lot of gear from the RV as I plan to file an insurance claim due to some structural issue in the front that is causing the frame to flex and crack the side wall.

what happened in the first place for this to be an issue?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 24, 2016, 08:26:23 AM »
Not sure. I noticed taking it on and off her jacks there was a lot of flexing. I'll find some pics

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 24, 2016, 03:05:15 PM »
I outgrew my roll around cart at work and came across this fruity,  used, larger one for a good price.
It hurt my eyes so much that I stripped it down and repainted it. Desert flat tan of course. ....
It'll be tough trying to keep greasy prints off, but I think it looks better now.

It looks blue in the pic but it was bright purple before.

Did you repurpose your old cart or looking to sell it?

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 24, 2016, 06:07:27 PM »
The UN wants to pass a world law that restricts guns further, the idea of a foreign entity telling me what I can and can have is a problem to me.   Thoughts ?

I have a big problem with that...Especially with as much of the world that OUR soldiers liberated or saved from oppression. Do that and you'll need the UN to fight the revolution that starts here!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 24, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »
Mr Snappy comes back by Monday. I may ask for his opinion, or not. lol

Just urethane with "dull" additive Tex.
I don't worry about chips, although my big box is 25 years old and still good as new, other than a layer of dirt. The previous owner must of been a body man, because it looked like he spilled thinner in the bottom. The powder coat was pealed up.....another reason to paint it.
I hear that the Urethane "Dull" additive is out of stock nation wide!

Something to do with the Democratic National Convention going on this week!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 24, 2016, 08:28:01 PM »
Good one boss!

Wyo, the tool man is giving me 450 trade in on the old cart. ..but, I might keep it. Not sure yet.

What did you find on your trailer Tex?

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: July 24, 2016, 08:51:04 PM »

Ken. I didn't tell you I'm 3 feet tall. Lol

TR. very much a change from my normal I.T. Desk job.

Still have a lot to do.

This is my plan. It will have another row of stringers about 6" up from the bottom of leg post.  That will make it solid. I also have heavy duty locking casters and some heavy bolts that I will make for leg height adjustment. Should have about 1.5" of travel so I can make any concrete floor level. That's the hope anyway.

I'll create plates for the bottom of leg and drill 1" hole for bolt. Then weld nut and washer on inside before I weld plate on bottom of leg.  Then I will cut another plate and weld bolt head to it. Then I will weld caster to it.  That should give me adjustment at each corner and should be nice and stout. See simple!  If only I can keep everything square and level while welding up.

Once I get the base and top plate connected (I'm using 12M x 30mm countersunk fine thread bolts for attaching top to base) I will lay out grid of 5/8" (16mm) holes to use as hold down points similar to strong hand type of tables.

Then I will also make the center of the table have a radius style of hold down holes pre set for angles. I can't find the design right now but will post when I find it.

Also 4th of July weekend I set up the lighting for the area.  I have one stubborn fixture but will tackle that when I have time.

More to come.

Day 2 of welding table work

Cut all of the cross bracing and put an angle on all ends for weld up.

Then fitted them in and tack welded.

Once they were all tacked I welded all that I could reach. The vertical welds were a challenge that I need more practice on. I tried uphill and downhill. Downhill seemed to work better.

Then I started cutting plates for bottom of legs that the adjustment bolts would go through. Started using hand band saw. Very slow. Then tried abrasive cut off wheel. Once again a major disappointment. Then tried Hypertherm 45. First time I have used it and found out I don't have big enough compressor and couldn't get the pressure up and then it would pop circuit. So took out ole trusty oxy axe but too ragged on 1/2" plate. (Probably my lack of practice). Soooo back to portable band saw.

And see Ken. I did get to use the table even when it was upside down.

Cut the leg plates and welded the bolts.

Flipped them over and tacked them onto the legs. Then cut plates to weld bolt heads and casters to plate.

It is welded up from bottom. I still need to clean up welds and then drill indexing holes from the rail to the table top so once flipped over I can enlarge and tap the hole for the countersunk bolts for hold down.

I will also prime and paint the bottom of the stand before I flip it over.

Getting closer.  All day soccer today so on hold for now.

Day 3 after a day of State Soccer championship.

First I grind off all of the sharp corners from all of the plate I cut.

Then I wipe down with alcohol and then spray the bottom areas with primer. That way I don't have to try to reach underneath when it is flipped over.

The. I painted the underside.

Then I used the Kubota to finally flip the thing over on its wheels.

Something looks amiss. It is two inches too tall. Poor planning. Might have to cut down the bolts or remove the lock nut and screw all the way down. We will see.

Then I welded up all of the top seams that I couldn't reach when upside down.

Next comes primer and paint to the entire thing. Ran out of black so I had to have the better half grab three more cans when she was coming back from town.

Ta Da!  All painted up. Ready for top.

I then drilled a hole in each corner that was located over the leg with the mag drill. Cuts like Butta!!best $500.00 that I have spent so far. It will be sweet when I drill all of the 5/8" hold down holes in the top.

Bolted some eye bolts in each holes ready for the chains to lift it up on top.  It was a little sketchy and had the wife worried I was going to hurt the concrete again but managed to get the 465# top located close to where it will be bolted down.

Cleaned everything up and swept the grind dust from the floor.  It gets everywhere. Now sitting cooling off in front of the redneck A/C.

It was hot here also. Close to 90 plus 80% humidity. The evaporator cooler doesn't work super in high humidity but better than nothing.

Time to hit the shower.

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 24, 2016, 10:41:34 PM »
Nice Work!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 25, 2016, 10:56:14 AM »
Pulled and replaced the battery in the wife's Mercedes. Who ever decided to put a battery under the front seat should be shot.

Got pull the rear seat heat duct and another plate and then use midget hands to undo the connections and hold down before man handling it out at an angle from a very tight spot.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:57:29 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 25, 2016, 01:28:09 PM »
Had my sisters, brothers in law and nieces over for a Hawaiian themed luau dinner. big kids and little kids all had a good time.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 25, 2016, 01:30:19 PM »
I think I would have just traded the car off. Lol. That looks eaiser than changing a fuse in my wifes Chevy Traverse. Under the passenger side dash. Lost 3 fuses before I got pissed and  Pull the door plate off. Rip the carpet back. Then I went and bought a 8 inch long needle nose pliers with 45 degree jaws.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 25, 2016, 03:04:53 PM »
Those mag drills with the bits you have are a beautiful thing.
Party looked like fun!

Been at the cabin enjoying friends and family visit.
Had the birthday party on Saturday a few days early.
43 tomorrow, some days feel like 73, others much better.
My 'I'm invincible' youth has caught up to me...

Still very few walleye to be had, but have enough for a feast finally.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 25, 2016, 04:05:39 PM »
Tex, battery is in roughly the same spot in the wife's Acadia - though a little further back, more underfoot of the rear passenger. Still have to pull off rear seat trim to get to it.

Saturday I borrowed a neighbor's trailer and picked up a new fridge and range.

Story time...

We moved in here 2 years ago this week. The previous owner had foreclosed and taken all the appliances. The investment company we bought the house from had put in Sears clearance Kenmore scratch and dent specials... except a fridge. We shopped around, ultimately purchasing online (big mistake) because they had the best price and free shipping (freight) to the door. Bought an Electrolux dishwasher and fridge -- all those Kelly Ripa TV ads made us think we were getting quality items.

First fridge shipped and had dents in the door. Dishwasher box had something stacked on it and the back of the unit was caved in/out and wouldn't fit all the way in -- got those exchanged out lickety split. New units are Ok.  Dishwasher is still pretty nice, one of those "luxury quiet" models - and it is - but the springs on the door moan and groan with each open/close. Oh well...

Fridge went about a year without issues, but then stopped making ice in the door. Call them, they have me reset it by unplugging for 30 minutes. Started working again for a month or so.  Then before Christmas it stopped making ice again. Wasn't a big deal because has a second ice maker in the freezer, but finally called and they had a tech come out, they made a labor concession because we were outside of the 1yr labor 3yr parts warranty (we also had an extended warranty) and their fix was to replace the foam seals around the ice maker, and place a 2" foam pad over the entire rear of the unit. This was in February - took two months for parts to come in. Day after tech leaves, ice maker makes some ice but it is not staying frozen, dumping water all over our floor. Lucky that we caught it and didn't have to deal with water damage. Well, life got busy and we didn't call tech back for a month - just turned off that ice maker and used the one in the freezer. Finally call Electrolux, they tell me that I'm out of warranty and need to deal with repair man directly and that I'd be charged for his labor. I don't feel that this is right since it is an on-going issue and the ice maker was never truly "fixed".  He comes out, disassembles the ice maker finds all the fancy-schmancy lines/fan/defrost feature (yes, it heats up to defrost it) -- all frozen up. He takes pictures to sent to Electrolux, and then charges me $166 to thaw it out with a steamer. A week later we hear from Electrolux that they are going to warranty replace my fridge -- though I'm still out the $166 and they want ANOTHER $225 for shipping and delivery to haul away the old and deliver the new. I tell them to fly a kite - at this point I have ZERO faith in their brand. I told them I want a refund for this lemon and they refuse. I try to remain calm over the next few weeks of back and forth, working my way up the chain and finally they agree to drop the freight charge to $24 and I can go pick it up myself at the shipping depot 30 mins away -- if I sign a release waiver stating that I am picking it up and it is out of their hands.

So in the middle of all of this that scratch-and-dent special Microwave dies (on Mothers day) so we went out and bought a clearance floor model GE Advantium oven (really nice) for about $500 less than new. Wife falls in love with it, start looking at GE appliances and decide that we want to just get rid of this POS Electrolux fridge and also replace the Range now that we're at it.  Memorial day sale was just about over, put $200 down on the new fridge and range and they are holding that price until I can save up a little more $. 4th of July sale comes around and the range drops $200 and the fridge $80, so they adjusted the price down and away we went. Picked up the units on Saturday, got the installed and the wife is happy :)

Electrolux fridge is empty, sitting in the dining room and the new one is in and ready to be picked up - will be swapping those out on Friday. Hoping to sell this "New in box" replacement Electrolux fridge on Craigslist for a discount.

TLDR: DON'T BUY ELECTROLUX/FRIGIDAIRE. BUY GE - MADE IN AMERICA.  Also, support your local appliance retailer (not big box stores or online). In our case, Standard TV and Appliance in Portland, OR matches local big box stores (Home Depot).

Edit to add... that microwave that mysteriously died while microwaving some potatoes on Mothers day... sat in the garage for a month and a half. Pulled it apart to check the internal fuse - it was perfectly fine. Plugged it in and i'll be darned, the thing works perfectly. Nuking taters has to produce quite a bit of heat, so I thought MAYBE a thermal overload kicked in, but it still didn't work 3 hours later when we got back with the new unit.  So, since it SEEMS to be working -- hope to sell that off with the old range as well.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 04:14:40 PM by rpar86 »
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 25, 2016, 07:02:25 PM »
Pulled and replaced the battery in the wife's Mercedes. Who ever decided to put a battery under the front seat should be shot.

Got pull the rear seat heat duct and another plate and then use midget hands to undo the connections and hold down before man handling it out at an angle from a very tight spot.

The Lord is good to me.  I pull the battery (recall that I bought this pre-owed earlier this year) and taped to the top was the invoice to the dealer that I bought it from.  Bosch battery with three year free replacement. Called the distributor and will called a replacement for free!

Still want to shoot the guy who designed this.

Oh, and the wheels and tires for the dually came in today.  Just waiting on the lugs.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 25, 2016, 07:04:03 PM »

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 25, 2016, 10:30:32 PM »
We walked into possibly my new home/lot today.  One acre of land and a almost custom home built to about half of my dream

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 25, 2016, 10:43:31 PM »
Great to hear Dave.  Tell us more about it

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 25, 2016, 11:13:38 PM »
At the moment a lot is unknown.  Place is in a like manner subdivision with all 18 lots or so. All on same size lot, avg income in is 100k a year,  builder is willing to customize the plans he has to fit our needs, or we can bring him a plan to build what we want. 
All lots are flat, no trees, no water, it's farm country that families are selling off

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 25, 2016, 11:19:48 PM »
I can't believe you finally did it Tex. Those are going to look good on that truck.
You figure out the trailer yet?

Good luck Dave. An acre is more than a lot of folks have.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 25, 2016, 11:30:06 PM »
I think at this point it's more then I want.  But I always said I want more space then I currently have

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 25, 2016, 11:31:16 PM »
What truck is that going on again Tex?
They don't look like dually wheels

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 12:09:04 AM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: July 26, 2016, 09:05:05 AM »
Dave, and acre is big enough to put a nice shop out back and the shop will cut down on the mowing! 

Ken, yeah I talked it to death for a while and reason won out.  I just couldnt get my head wrapped around 24 American Force wheels and tires.  So much compromise.  Increased rotating mass from huge adapters, having to lift or hack the truck to fit.  Rear wheels sticking out 5 inches past fenders and few e rated tires less than 36 inches.  Not to mention 10k.

I decided on the Eagle Alloys a while back but they stopped making the 057s which are the same as the 059s but have a center milled stripe in each of the spokes.  I also wanted to get all the mileage out of the stock tires, which have gone 60k with a 7 tire rotation.  They are now right at the wear bars.

Dave that was the rear outer.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 26, 2016, 10:08:14 AM »
Dave,

I lived like that once...a sardine simulator

You have to start somewhere, we all did, but that improves with time

Here's what 2.5-5-10 acre lots looks like in a neighborhood. I find it about right to keep the neighbor a couple hundred feet away at a minimum, although I prefer the isolation of that farm of mine:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:08:51 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 26, 2016, 10:16:27 AM »
yeah, Don.  that distance give you a better target acquisition time for the neighbor's dog....

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 26, 2016, 10:23:38 AM »
yeah, Don.  that distance give you a better target acquisition time for the neighbor's dog....
I wouldn't shoot a dog!

He shot mine, but I'm not that cruel!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 26, 2016, 12:03:50 PM »
Who shoots someone's dog wth

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 26, 2016, 12:11:29 PM »
I've shot the neighbors dog matter of fact. If I'm feeding him with my live stock or he thinks he runs my place then he technically is my property & I'll do as I see fit.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 26, 2016, 01:58:43 PM »
I would shoot a dog that was messing with my livestock. Fair warning to to the owner first of course. (unless its a strange dog we never seen before) Second time they are gone. That's just the way it is out here. As a matter of fact 2 of the neighbors dogs would come over and chase our dog once in a while.  After a phone call they were never seen again.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 26, 2016, 07:02:15 PM »
I live in a bit differ area for sure.  My dog does not run free.  None issue I guess

Been driving holding my 100 oz throw up bucket today.  Freeway and throwing up is a terrible mix. 

Also passed on the lot as me and the builder were not going to see eye to eye

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 26, 2016, 07:26:26 PM »
Sorry to hear Dave. The Lord provides. Our needs and not wants for sure.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 26, 2016, 07:56:06 PM »
Dave the Lord knows it wouldn't have been a good fit for you.  It will work out for you and your family when it is right.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 26, 2016, 07:56:30 PM »
Amen

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 27, 2016, 01:01:51 AM »
I live in a bit differ area for sure.  My dog does not run free.  None issue I guess

Been driving holding my 100 oz throw up bucket today.  Freeway and throwing up is a terrible mix. 

Also passed on the lot as me and the builder were not going to see eye to eye

Dave, I whole heartedly have to agree with TRN and Matt. For numerous reasons, but he most important I have recently been shown through my bullheadedness, is no matter what I think I need, if I continue to pray He continues to keep me and my family on the trajectory He needs us to be on. I find I often remind myself that I chose to serve that it be His will be done, not mine. If mine falls inline with His great.

I mention this because the last couple months have been tumultuous in our house in regards to what was going to happen. Then finally everything was answered and for the most part nothing is happening. Yes work shifts slightly but not locations.

Trust in Him and the way will be shown.

Sorry about the bucket and the freeway. That's no fun in any seat.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 27, 2016, 02:14:00 AM »
Woke up this morning and saw it was just under 90* in my apartment. Guess it's time to turn the AC on.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 27, 2016, 08:29:51 AM »
Man you aren't in a third world country anymore Bobby,  there's this little switch on the wall......  :stick poke

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 27, 2016, 09:03:33 AM »
Woke up this morning and saw it was just under 90* in my apartment. Guess it's time to turn the AC on.

Can't you open a window?  It got down to the low 60s last night.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 27, 2016, 09:12:08 AM »
Man you aren't in a third world country anymore Bobby,  there's this little switch on the wall......  :stick poke

Well the AC is wall mounted by my patio door, and it cools the living room/kitchen area well enough, however the cool air doesn't turn 180* to enter the bedroom area.

Can't you open a window?  It got down to the low 60s last night.

I usually do, but last night I didn't.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 27, 2016, 10:41:41 AM »
Bucket cooler!!

https://youtu.be/HxSLbpAwibg

« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:43:11 AM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 27, 2016, 11:00:52 AM »
Slick!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 27, 2016, 11:16:22 AM »
My brother has built a couple of those for his fishing adventures, and they work!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 27, 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
Bucket cooler!!

https://youtu.be/HxSLbpAwibg

I just left the AC turned on since 0100 this morning. So theoretically at least half of my apartment should be cooled off.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal