Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1348010 times)

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #3850 on: July 04, 2017, 01:54:04 PM »
Sorry to hear about the tough luck JR.

Unless something changes it sounds like I have the Ram Rebel sold to a gentleman in Mississippi. He asked if I could haul it to him (160 miles). I still have dads 16' flatbed I could use but I'm a little uneasy about hauling a 6k lb truck without dedicated tie downs points. It's also 800lbs over the weight rating for a uhaul car hauler. What's y'all's thoughts on using about 4-5 ratchet straps to tie it to the frame of this 16 footer (with floor in it)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: July 04, 2017, 02:40:20 PM »
I just hate getting sick, to much to do. With wifey working they still have to get done.

If the tires are good on the trailer you should be OK. U haul has a funny way of seeing if a vehicle fits. I said I was hauling a truck, the suburban wouldn't clear.

As for the W/D, normally I repair. However the washer top is rusting and the ignitor was out on the dryer. Both units are well over 10 years old. (kenmore)
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: July 04, 2017, 02:49:12 PM »
Sorry to hear the welcome mat came with a long list of requirements there JR - that sucks!

Must be in the air though, as our microwave crapped out last night in the middle of heating up tortillas for our fajitas!  Rotten door safety switch I suspect, but given the nuclear reactor nature of the things, won't tinker with it as it's not worth the risk in my book.  Will keep it for a parts bin just in case!

Mowed the lawn and re-staked the Poplar tree I've been growing from a 2 ft stick since last year late Spring - mulching kicked my backside yesterday, but feeling better today.  Especially since I don't feel guilty sitting on my deck, drinking a beer looking at the fruits of said labors!  Tree is pushing 15' already!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 02:52:50 PM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: July 04, 2017, 07:06:20 PM »
So in the pics or it didn't happen part, here is some of the spill cleanup I have been dealing with for the past few days. It began on Canada day, 10 ish in the morning. Been a long few days.

So this was the mess we arrived to. Doesn't seem too bad, too bad looks are deceiving.

With the unit full of water, all the oil was contained in the headgate area.
Here we're using our 'Invirodrum' vacuum. It's a diesel powered vac on steroids.

And back at it again today, in another pocket. I'd say we got 99% of it off of the water.
The gizmo in the foreground is a rope skimmer, has some sort of plastic tubing that loves oil.

I think all tolled, there was 15-1600 gallons spilled.
Majority in the one pocket, and while the oil layer was thick, about one minute to fill a drum.

While this was going on, this bad boy rolled in. Was moving hard and fast. 10 minutes from dead calm to hurricane, and back to calm.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 07:07:16 PM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: July 04, 2017, 08:33:15 PM »
Are those matts the ones that soak up oil only? We carried those on Marine Patrol.

Storm reminds me of the movie 2012.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3855 on: July 04, 2017, 09:09:58 PM »
Are those matts the ones that soak up oil only? We carried those on Marine Patrol.

Storm reminds me of the movie 2012.
Yes oil only pads.
We used a ton of pads and four (I think) big rolls...
At least they float.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Online Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: July 04, 2017, 09:31:12 PM »
We got home this afternoon. I interesting trip. Had to stop several times today to unhook the batteries. I would just be driving along on the flat give it some extra peddle going over an over pass and she would go in limp mode. Heck the dang thing went in limp going down hill. I applied some brake and the turbo brake kicked in. Aaaaand were in limp mode. I limped the last 50 miles home. I'm unhooking tomorrow and going to the dealer to have the codes read. Then I'm going  to call around to a couple diesel shops see what they say. I've never had trouble on the flat. Just on that one road in Kentucky. There has to be more to it than the fuel pressure relief valve.

We had an interesting neighbor in the campground in Macon Missouri last night. Some tweaker in a U-Haul. Blasting music. I asked several time to turn it down. She did but them crsked it. I was too tired to mess with her. We went in at dark. This morning I taked to some neighbors. Apparently some other people got on her to turn it off and she threatned them. Cops were called and she left early this morning. According to the neighbors she had quite the party the night before too. Cops were called along with an ambulace at 3 am. Everyone was cleared out then she came back with a U-Haul later in the day. Then I pulled in next to her.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 09:32:50 PM by Farmer Jon »
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: July 05, 2017, 12:58:43 AM »
I feel for you Jon. Thank god my trip was uneventful although the EGTs crept up a little on some long grades.

The 13 hour drive both ways with kids was taxing. 9 driving hours, then add meals and pee stops.

I got a new controller for my meth system but haven't wired in yet.

52 gal tank is nice. Full when left, topped in Salem in and out. Arrived home with 3/4 tank. Ran in 5th all the way, 1950 rpm at 75. Motorload was around 30% and 50% in 6th with egt about the same.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: July 05, 2017, 01:35:33 AM »
That green roof building the new mess hall at Meriwether? I haven't been there for a few years...lol
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3859 on: July 05, 2017, 02:02:57 AM »
Yep, built around 2006. Had one of the few flush toilets,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3860 on: July 05, 2017, 03:15:57 AM »
Yep, built around 2006. Had one of the few flush toilets,,,,,,,,,,,,
For the adults only I'm sure  :)
Ryan

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: July 05, 2017, 03:43:52 AM »
Boys had flushers, but had walk to the showers 1/4 mile away. We we in a camp just past the parade ground overlooking the ocean. Great white noise for sleeping!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: July 05, 2017, 03:49:14 AM »
Our troop's favorite campsite was 'lookout - decent halfway point if I recall.
Ryan

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: July 05, 2017, 04:08:59 AM »
We were at Counsel Bluff, 2 sites north.

Shot my first black powder too. Cut the 2x4 in a shoot off beating the staff.

Then shot another 10 rounds the next day. Bell was grown over but I hit everything else and the Elk at 120 yards.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:27:18 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3864 on: July 05, 2017, 08:29:01 AM »
Spent a good part of yesterday hanging from a rope thrown over the peak of my roof and tied off on the other side.  I had some shingles that got torn up/ off a few weeks ago in a storm.  Finally had the time to get up on the roof and seal everything back up.  Being a 12/12 pitch makes it a pain to do anything.  It is to steep to stay on with out something holding you up/ on the roof.  I am thinking in a couple more years I will be putting a steel roof on so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: July 05, 2017, 12:10:13 PM »
Bear I feel ya.  My weekend place is a 12/12 metal.  Slick as owl snot.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: July 05, 2017, 12:23:52 PM »

Gonna DOT up the gossup thread
So Tex, we're talkin' roofin'
Noun, not verb
I am about to roof up that trellis thing I built and the two offerings I have to choose from are either the metal roof, 29 gage standard stuff in multicam cammo of course
or
This Codura asphalt fabric stuff.
Now life span of either exceeds mine, so that is not a consideration.
But
Codura is 30%-50_ less costly.
And
A tad easier to layup
so
What say ye? thoughts?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: July 05, 2017, 01:05:06 PM »
Don,

Are you talking about ondura? The stuff they sell at lowes? Because cordura is just fabric, no asphalt.

https://ondura.com

That stuff?

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: July 05, 2017, 02:33:07 PM »
Don,

Are you talking about ondura? The stuff they sell at lowes? Because cordura is just fabric, no asphalt.

That stuff?

That stuff looks interesting - probably easier to handle and install than steel.  Won't dent in hail like steel I'd guess too. :smiley:

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: July 05, 2017, 03:39:58 PM »
Corragated asphalt roofing huh. Never seen that before. very interesting.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3870 on: July 05, 2017, 04:40:08 PM »
well I got skunked all weekend!

never even got out on the ocean, cause the water just couldn't lay down enough for a 26 footer deep V hull alumaweld boat.

and I only caught 1 rainbow on the lake that was thrown back because no body else caught anything and I was not going to waste time and effort on 1 rainbow.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: July 05, 2017, 05:08:22 PM »
I feel your pain Nate. 4 Dungeness all weekend. about 80' of water, turkey legs and canned cat food, 2 pots and it was like finding hen's teeth. Indians WAY overfished this season and everyone around us was in the same situation with 1-2 crab per soak at best. normally this time of year it's too many to keep in each pot. Also, 24' alumaweld got tossed around like a rag doll Sunday night and dragged itself and the mooring buoy and anchor onto shore a couple houses down. took 12 of us to shove it back into the water. Mouth breather had a 100lb weight and a steel cable rather than the galvanized chain and several hundred pound anchor that he should have had. damaged a bunch of dingy pulley lines and his own boat but not much else.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: July 05, 2017, 06:22:00 PM »
Depends on the rainbow, but I have done 1.

Kids are bugging me to fish, have the bigger raft and the outboard.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: July 05, 2017, 09:42:03 PM »

Noun, not verb
I am about to roof up that trellis thing I built and the two offerings I have to choose from are either the metal roof, 29 gage standard stuff in multicam cammo of course
or
But
And
A tad easier to layup
so
What say ye? thoughts?

https://diy.stackexchange.com/questions/7798/what-are-the-pros-cons-of-ondura-for-roofing

A little googlefu turned up this.  I would stick with metal.  R panel is cheaper than standing seam
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: July 05, 2017, 09:44:59 PM »
Oh and today I had 72 tons of rock delivered.  36 rip rap and 36 crushed limestone roadbase.  I have to re-cut the drainage channel along side the driveway and line with rip rap to stop the erosion. I put down about 4 inches of the road base by the shop and will eventually do the entire drive.  Getting practice with the tractor trying to get a smooth surface.

Really want a hydraulic top link and hydraulic lift link.  I already have the two rear remotes, I just need the links and hoses.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: July 05, 2017, 10:12:08 PM »
Don,

That stuff?

That's it!

It is really robust, but walking on it can be spotty.

The company recommends you build a panel made of two 2X4's and a sheet of 3/4" plywood (The 2X4's fit into the valleys of the corrugation) and stand on that

Other thing is that it is paintable and takes the paint really well.

Online Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: July 05, 2017, 10:23:03 PM »

Noun, not verb
or
But
And
A tad easier to layup
so
What say ye? thoughts?

https://diy.stackexchange.com/questions/7798/what-are-the-pros-cons-of-ondura-for-roofing

A little googlefu turned up this.  I would stick with metal.  R panel is cheaper than standing seam
Good find Tex!

Read the reviews...

Doesn't sound like a good product

Think I'll pass and stick with metal

Not going with shingles any more, metal for me is a one and done.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: July 05, 2017, 11:48:03 PM »
I have a sheet of that over my firewood on the side of the house. It drains water off both sides, so far so good after a couple years.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: July 06, 2017, 12:11:29 AM »
So if any of you remember when I started my hard apple cider, I found it today.
Good news is with age it mellows...bad news is I forgot about it completely.

A final racking for bottling.

And the results of the first 5 gallons.
I have 42 bottles, back carbonating, semi sweet, and a gallon jug and four water bottles of semi sweet flat cider.

The other batch, had a scum on top. I've re-racked it, and am going to let it set for a couple weeks to ensure it was an anomaly. It was much more clear, and tasted somewhat like apple wine...so may have wine, or apple cider vinegar with it. Time will tell.
Sam

Online Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: July 06, 2017, 07:29:02 AM »
I took my pickup in to a buddy of mine to read all the codes. P003A, P2563, P0671. Turbo position sensor is bad. But. The shop I talked to said its almost never the sensor. It needs a turbo. The vanes are not moving properly. So for an aftermarket turbo and delete everything. Egr, pvc reroute, exaust, cold air intake, and replace the coolant lines, and thermostat and stuff while he's in there is going to run $6400.
There's a small dealer in town so I went to talk to them. To put it back factory is going to be all of $4,000 +. Factory turbo $2,500. Turbo position sensor$700. Labor $700. Plus they would replace the same coolant lines and thermostat ect.
I unhooked the camper and I got On it hard and it smoked like a coal train. I never seen it smoke like that. Both shops agreed that's a sign the turbo vanes are not working properly. It was running doggy too.
I got a hold of the bank and luckily they will let me refinance the loan so I can get it fixed. I'm going to call around a couple more shops and get prices. The owner of the dealership wants me to bring it by after its all deleted. He wants to check it out. See what they all did.

On the up side, one of my hens hatched out a few chicks. 

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: July 06, 2017, 07:42:32 AM »
I pulled the turbo on my old LB7 a few times.  It isn't easy but it isn't the hardest wrenching I have ever had to do.  I thought I remember reading that the LBZ turbo was a little easier to get out as the up-pipe wasn't bolted on to the turbo but clamped.  Still a pain I am sure.  It might be an option to pull the turbo and refurb it.  There is a guy on Duramaxdeisels that does it.  Generally he gets used turbos and rebuilds them/ does a few extras to make them a little nicer. 

I did a lot of reading a few years back on refurbing/ improving my LB7 turbo.  I know there was some LBZ stuff sprinkled in there but I wasn't to concerned with it at the time so didn't look into it to much or try and retain it.  I just think you might have some cheaper options out there.  I ended up pulling my turbo, doing a port and polish job on it, rebuilding it with all new bushings and installing a batmo wheel.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: July 06, 2017, 07:48:59 AM »
Sorry to hear about the tough luck JR.

Unless something changes it sounds like I have the Ram Rebel sold to a gentleman in Mississippi. He asked if I could haul it to him (160 miles). I still have dads 16' flatbed I could use but I'm a little uneasy about hauling a 6k lb truck without dedicated tie downs points. It's also 800lbs over the weight rating for a uhaul car hauler. What's y'all's thoughts on using about 4-5 ratchet straps to tie it to the frame of this 16 footer (with floor in it)?

After the deck is on it will you have anything to tie it down to?  If you have something beefy enough to tie down to it would be fine.  Or get a few rings welded on each corner while you are at it for future use.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: July 06, 2017, 08:02:07 AM »
Got a text from the wife yesterday at work.  Told me to call her when I get done.  Her best girlfriend from way back wants to know if we can help her move out of her "boyfriends" house.  Not a surprise as just last week she called my wife crying, etc.. Everybody but her could see he was just using her.  I told my wife I would go help her but there was no way we were both going down and bringing our daughter.  I was also not letting her go alone.  So that meant I was going down my self to help her load up.  Pulled out of my driveway around 4, due to city traffic got there around 6.  Spent a couple grabbing a loading up as much as we could.  Her car was packed and I had as much as I could fit in my truck.  I wish I would have pulled into the hardware store and rented the enclosed trailer for the night as we had to leave some furniture behind.  Got back to my place around 9 and offloaded everything into the garage. 

Woke up this morning to find her mia.  Hoping that she just went back to get the rest of her stuff.  From the screen shots of the text messages I saw I don't think she would reconcile with him, again, but I've said that before.   :facepalm:

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: July 06, 2017, 08:09:01 AM »
When I had my truck tuned way back when I used Kennedy Diesel.
Went to his farm and had the work done. He's in Wisconsin, near the Dells (great holiday spot).
I had been getting turbo performance codes, among a couple others that may or may not have been related. I had been looking into other turbos if mine was shot, which it wasn't.
He told me the stock on the LBZ was second to none for a daily driver, towing etc truck.
He ran it through a few tests and diagnostics, and said it was fine.
200k later, I can't argue.
By the sounds of the coal rolling you have happening, it's time for a turbo.
I would suspect if you're any kind of handy it wouldn't be too bad to do the turbo yourself.
A few PITA spots, but the downpipe is clamped, and min came off easy when I replaced it.
Now, if that is $700 is the total labour bill, then I'd probably pay to have it done.
It is in fact a lot of work in some nasty spots. Not near as bad as the newer ones, but some not so fun.

Like Bear said, there are a few guys that do a refurb/exchange.
Might be worth a look if you have time for that, otherwise the router you're going is good.

I put the EGR blocker plate in when new, have been debating a full delete since.
Just can't justify the $$ for not a lot different other than having that junk gone.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: July 06, 2017, 08:11:36 AM »
Jon those prices seem high. You should be able to find a turbo for about 1800-1900.  You can do a blocker plate for the EGR and IMO the pcv reroute is a waste.

Here is some of my handiwork with the roadbase.  Need to adjust the top link to get a less aggressive angle on the box blade and do some fine tuning and leveling.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: July 06, 2017, 08:33:58 AM »
Ouch Jon. But on something that will last as long as the Duramax does prolly worthwhile. For that price you might check another shop just to verify what the first place is saying.

I also have found the scanner I bought ($100 a couple of years ago) to be one of the best investments I've made. Can check my own codes and fix some stuff myself cheap (airbag sensor on the Yukon) or make sure the shop I have gone to is playing it straight.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: July 06, 2017, 09:24:16 AM »
Are you tuned already?  If not does the aftermarket price include some type of tuner?  Depending on what is all done that may or may not be needed.

Yellowchevy on DD is the guy I was thinking of.  I bounced a few questions off him when I was doing my turbo work.  Might be worth a call to him for info/ options at the very least.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: July 06, 2017, 12:13:23 PM »
Always check around. Had good luck with Kennedy and knowing the LBZ turbo is good is better, I'm going 140k on mine.

I have the blocker and the PCV reroute. Seeing what was in the egr glad I did it. I get a little dribble from the PCV, so it may not hurt, but really don't want in the intake.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: July 06, 2017, 12:35:21 PM »
Always check around. Had good luck with Kennedy and knowing the LBZ turbo is good is better, I'm going 140k on mine.

I have the blocker and the PCV reroute. Seeing what was in the egr glad I did it. I get a little dribble from the PCV, so it may not hurt, but really don't want in the intake.
I'm approaching 200k on mine. I have a feeling the bearings are starting to go. In the cold some days it seems to take forever for it to start spinning.

Another thing Kennedy said, was the intake on the LBZ was good for 600 hp or so.
That and the gravel I deal with stopped me from persuing aftermarket air intake.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 12:36:07 PM by Sammconn »
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: July 06, 2017, 01:16:26 PM »
I jumped on the intake bandwagon even though I am running around 500hp. Never noticed a thing.

As for bearings, I don't think the turbo has them vs just pressure oil lube.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: July 06, 2017, 01:21:55 PM »
Some turbos have bearings but most have bushings.  When I refurbed mine I bought a kit that replaced all the bushings, hardware, and several other pieces.

From most of the research I have done the fuel will be the limiting factor (stock injectors) before you will really see any benefit from a CAI.

Online Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: July 06, 2017, 05:45:30 PM »
I called another shop today and they quoted me $4500 to do the turbo, egr delete and exaust with a tow tune. He said they could do efi live for $400. He said that the PVC reroute is not needed. And I can skip the cold air intake.  This price and the price from the other shop in my previous post does include 7 glow plugs also. I replaced one 2 years ago now the rest are slowly going out.
We try to do as much of our own wrenching as we can but I talked it over with my brother and we decided this isn't something we wanted to mess with. I guess if I had someone that knew what they were doing to work on it with us that would be a little differant. 
The shop I talked to today said they could get me a factory turbo brand new no remans for $1500. Dealer wants $2500.

Online Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: July 06, 2017, 05:49:28 PM »
This truck is completely stock. I've never messed it with it. I've actually been waiting for something big to go wrong like this and just do it all at once.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: July 06, 2017, 10:24:14 PM »
Trying to help my pastor get his truck running to sell it.  Went to look at it tonight to try and diagnose the issue.  It doesn't even attempt to turn over.  I do not think the neatral switch is working someplace or it is somehow related to the gear selector.  When I take it out of park the selector just falls right through reverse and neatraul into drive with no resistance.  I also do not think it is coming out of park as I was not able to rock it when I thought it should be in park.  Anybody have any thoughts or places to start. 
Truck is a 97 dodge 1500.  I would at least like to get it rolling so I can load it on the trailer to get it to my place to work on it easier.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: July 06, 2017, 11:26:44 PM »
Wish I could help with the Dodge, do you have a scanner?

Jon, I would just do all 8 glow plugs. Price sounds fair.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: July 07, 2017, 08:08:32 AM »
Bear- check the linkage first.  Not sure on modern MOPAR but the 3 on the tree, 727 Torque Fights of yor would jam the linkage bars when bushings (plastic) would wear or disappear.  Used to be held in place with a washer and itty bitty cotter pin.......WHERE'S NORM when you need him!?

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: July 07, 2017, 09:39:19 AM »
Had a 99 in a couple days ago that wouldn't go into park and it was an internal issue, but I think I would agree with cuda, probably linkage/cable on that one.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: July 07, 2017, 12:50:32 PM »
Is there a clutch safety switch for starting?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: July 07, 2017, 04:00:54 PM »
Auto's in that year still have the screw in neutral switch on the left side of the trans JR

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: July 07, 2017, 06:46:21 PM »
Played in the pool with the boys, was 108*.

Another getting braces, 4k

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal