Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1328216 times)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #7700 on: September 16, 2018, 09:06:34 AM »
Well yesterday, I did a 5K in the morning with absolutely zero preparation. Who needs to run before a run.... After that I ran some errands with dad and my nephew. Saturday night I participated in a Suicide awareness walk.

This morning I woke up with a headache, threw my laundry in and grabbed some coffee. The rest of the day is still a mystery.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7701 on: September 16, 2018, 09:59:41 AM »
Hey all. Back from the land of kangaroo.
What a load of catching up I had.
Lots going on so I’ll just say hey.

At the cabin chilling with HH6 and the pups.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7702 on: September 16, 2018, 10:48:55 AM »
I put together a lighted plant stand for all of wendys succulents, and I am making a cookie dough crust oreo cheese cake for somebodys birthday today
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7703 on: September 16, 2018, 02:44:12 PM »
Wife was gone for the weekend so it was just my daughter and I holding down the fort.  We have a couple apple trees in our yard with tons of apples this year.  We made a pie this morning.  They baked during nap time, and cooled down just enough when she woke up.

I'm pretty sure Nate posted the recipe for this one a couple years ago.  Makes 3 pies with a sour cream filling and crumble top.  It's one of a couple I go to now

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7704 on: September 16, 2018, 02:50:32 PM »
 :likebutton: very cool
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7705 on: September 16, 2018, 02:59:11 PM »
Wife was gone for the weekend so it was just my daughter and I holding down the fort.  We have a couple apple trees in our yard with tons of apples this year.  We made a pie this morning.  They baked during nap time, and cooled down just enough when she woke up.

I'm pretty sure Nate posted the recipe for this one a couple years ago.  Makes 3 pies with a sour cream filling and crumble top.  It's one of a couple I go to now

that could very well be possible......I have too many recipes floating around, that's why I am making my cookbook/recipe collection.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7706 on: September 16, 2018, 05:14:02 PM »
Well.  I've been a little down in my back so I spent most of yesterday in the floor stretching and working core on the wheel of death.  Little better today but I have a ways to go.  This time was bad.  Pinched nerve.  Move the wrong way and drop to the floor like someone turned out the lights.

I'm guessing snatching my grandads old toolbox off the shelf and walking with it was probably no bueno. 

I was going to go get the dually back from the hide but just can't get moving around much.  Need to get it detailed so I can deliver it to Mr Woody this coming weekend.  Well at least I can round up paperwork and maintenance history files....

Sam good to see you back from down under...
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7707 on: September 16, 2018, 08:17:32 PM »
Jon, I don't rough it as I used to but I still go to them all. Next weekend is an advance camp at the Fairgrounds with a sleepover. Friday night will be at 6 flags. I did the mats and cots, now I am an air mattress guy.  Schnapps also seems to find a way into my co-co.

Last Sat we had fun at the rock climbing place.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 08:32:11 PM by JR »
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7708 on: September 16, 2018, 08:30:16 PM »
Going to Australia is on my bucket list, but not for work!

My feet and back are sore, did most of the fence structure today with the neighbors help. I do not recommend using the post foam. Several of the post moved during the curing, some up and over. I think it would work well for holes that are bored true with no taper. The stuff hardens so fast it pulls from the posts and does not spread on the top of the holes. 2 of the post we had to shim to get the polls straight. 2 were filed on the top with cement because of the gaps and 1 we just filled with cement. It is not a clean run for the fence though. The 1st 25ft are metal polls for building an overhang, then another 50 back to the shed that is 2ft higher than the yard grade with shrubs. Should have it done by the end of the week.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7709 on: September 16, 2018, 08:34:15 PM »
Found a small bolt in my front left tire, and its the best tire of them all. Goes in all the way so have to fix that today.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7710 on: September 16, 2018, 10:53:52 PM »
I put together a lighted plant stand for all of wendys succulents, and I am making a cookie dough crust oreo cheese cake for somebodys birthday today

Oreo cheesecake?  Sign me up!  I get one in Nov for my birthday :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7711 on: September 18, 2018, 07:55:26 AM »
Had a friend ask my advise on a floor, he went another route, has 9k sq that is messed up, mixed wrong, not smooth, not cured, it’s a big mess

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7712 on: September 18, 2018, 07:56:17 AM »
This is cured enough that you can walk in it. But your boots stick if you stand.   Think a skid steer will make it across the floor?

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7713 on: September 18, 2018, 08:26:13 AM »
So make the contractor fix it?

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7714 on: September 18, 2018, 03:35:16 PM »
Lol this is the owner who did it him self. Took some bad advise and it went simply wrong.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7715 on: September 20, 2018, 01:07:47 PM »
Picked up an 88 Dana 60 HP for the dmax. Decided on sas vs the ifs lift.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7716 on: September 20, 2018, 01:37:08 PM »
Dave it might be worth trying a hot mixed top coat of clear in a test area and see if it helps cure the stuff underneath and hardens

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7717 on: September 20, 2018, 03:00:28 PM »
Picked up an 88 Dana 60 HP for the dmax. Decided on sas vs the ifs lift.
Oh shiz.  Pulled the trigger on some lifetime products there buddy.  You better document the hell out of this axle swap!!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7718 on: September 20, 2018, 03:01:54 PM »
Dave it might be worth trying a hot mixed top coat of clear in a test area and see if it helps cure the stuff underneath and hardens

Yeah that’s pretty much a no go.  The next layer would cure on top and not penetrate. Plus it’s long past it’s recoat time frame of 16 hours. Surface needs sanded which can’t happen with wet paint, Guy is pretty hosed now

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7719 on: September 20, 2018, 03:16:11 PM »
Shot blast it off?

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7720 on: September 20, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »

Yeah that’s pretty much a no go.  The next layer would cure on top and not penetrate. Plus it’s long past it’s recoat time frame of 16 hours. Surface needs sanded which can’t happen with wet paint, Guy is pretty hosed now

Weren't you doing industrial coatings at one time professionally, as in you're the resident expert??? And he did NOT take your advice?? What, you date his daughter in the past or something? That'd be like me asking Chief how to break AG equipment and then doing what Shawn told me instead. Looks like he's got himself a lot of scraping work ahead of him.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7721 on: September 20, 2018, 04:46:54 PM »

Weren't you doing industrial coatings at one time professionally, as in you're the resident expert??? And he did NOT take your advice?? What, you date his daughter in the past or something? That'd be like me asking Chief how to break AG equipment and then doing what Shawn told me instead. Looks like he's got himself a lot of scraping work ahead of him.

:popcorn: ROFL

Hey, in this guys defense wasn’t Dave the guy with concrete flat work issues awhile back?

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7722 on: September 20, 2018, 05:16:13 PM »
Maybe it can be scrapped off with heat?

Yep Dave. Been doing research on it for sometime now and just decided why not. There are a few kits but what wheat I see the few brackets are easy to make, so it might be a DIY.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7723 on: September 20, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »
JR, I have a decent selection of tabs and brackets etc if you need.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7724 on: September 20, 2018, 06:26:46 PM »

:popcorn: ROFL

Hey, in this guys defense wasn’t Dave the guy with concrete flat work issues awhile back?

I think Dave's concrete issues were sub-moron related, not so much self inflicted like this poor soul.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7725 on: September 20, 2018, 09:24:56 PM »
Buddy knows I’m looking at suv for the wife. Sends me this

https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/2016-yukon-denali-xl-1500hp/6669861390.html

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7726 on: September 20, 2018, 09:34:18 PM »
Well, when u picking it up?  :tongue:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7727 on: September 20, 2018, 09:57:17 PM »
Man, I wish.  The wife won't drive anything that big or id have to seriously consider it.

I saw a video where it ran with a ZL-1 camaro from a 40 roll.  Stupid fast.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7728 on: September 20, 2018, 10:15:44 PM »
Got to work on the 1500 sub to get it gone. Great inside cept headliner, just 87K miles. Rear is blown so I'm shoving a 9.5 with posi under it.

All new brakes, tires and wheels. Turns over but won't start, I figure the old alarm is the issue. 

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7729 on: September 20, 2018, 11:07:15 PM »
Whats the story there JR, you have so many irons in the fire I've forgotten about this one

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7730 on: September 20, 2018, 11:16:58 PM »
Yep, gotta cut the herd a little.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7731 on: September 21, 2018, 12:32:20 AM »
So as mentioned. Blasting is an option but it doesn’t work so well on sticky paint. Gums up the system,   I had never thought of burning it off,

I got him intouch with a guy who wants to simply recoat and call it China.   I don’t agree but it’s not my call.   Like you all said. He dug his own hole. 

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7732 on: September 21, 2018, 12:54:24 AM »
My brother did the same thing with me Dave. I gave him my concrete guy and he didn't like the price...he had nothing but issues with the guy he picked, cracked slab, hills and valleys 1/2" off from level, etc. I gave him my AC guy, he went with another guy. That guy screwed him and left a mess. The second ac guy almost finished and is now MIA. Then my plumbing guy,........

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7733 on: September 21, 2018, 02:52:56 AM »
Last contractor in my house was fired. Ceiling was out by a 1/2 inch, floor was wavy and he used sheet rock screws.

Best part of it all was my dog bit his worker, and he had never bit anyone before  :beercheers:

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7734 on: September 21, 2018, 04:27:27 PM »
So as mentioned. Blasting is an option but it doesn’t work so well on sticky paint. Gums up the system,   I had never thought of burning it off,

I got him intouch with a guy who wants to simply recoat and call it China.   I don’t agree but it’s not my call.   Like you all said. He dug his own hole. 

Dave, I would have him look at Dustless Blasting. Should peel it right off and not damage the floor. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBt9xxFQAE8pI6X61chU-hQ

Local guy
http://master-blaster.biz/tablet/index.html

:popcorn:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7735 on: September 21, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »
I have washed my hands at this point.  I would have ground the whole floor, fixed his initial grinder marks, polished the concrete like at the home depo or lows or Costco and been done with it for ever.   

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7736 on: September 22, 2018, 02:56:14 AM »
Got a set of 12ton jacks stand today at HF. I know the 6tons above will hold it up, but they were maxed out for height. Plus the Dmax is next and it is a little heavier than the old sub.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7737 on: September 22, 2018, 11:21:28 AM »
Finished my mini x project with a front brush guard. It comes off by taking out 2 bolts on the bottom.
 ...and had it tinted

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7738 on: September 22, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »
Will you fab one up for our fearlless leader so he doesn’t die with a rock in his lap

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7739 on: September 22, 2018, 12:29:23 PM »
Rented a bouncy house for Jasper's 5th birthday party.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7740 on: September 22, 2018, 01:10:30 PM »
Come on guys, you know you want to!!!!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: September 22, 2018, 02:10:50 PM »
Almost bought a marlin 1895 in 45/70 at a firearms auction

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: September 22, 2018, 03:22:56 PM »
Dave, we would have to use 1" armor. Might need a GoFundMe to be able to plate all of his toys...urr... I mean tools.

Nate almost don't count.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: September 22, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
So we’re looking at shop and different housing options (most likely two different properties). We purchased this house after being in hippyland for 3 months & was more of a get the kids in school system we want and easy house to flip deal. So we’re looking at flipping potentially.

My wife asks Baylee, what do you want in the next home. Baylee’s response, I need somewhere dedicated to building my Jeep! Priceless

Of course HH6 tells me I’ve finally got to the place where you want a separate shop from home and now I have our daughter starting in on me with demands of shop space.... :tongue:

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: September 22, 2018, 03:33:38 PM »
That's cool Sean, maybe a split property where you have the house out front and shop/business in the rear on a BIG lot?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: September 22, 2018, 04:57:41 PM »
That's cool Sean, maybe a split property where you have the house out front and shop/business in the rear on a BIG lot?

Negative, last place was like that. House and 3.5 acre pond up front, 4K sq ft shop in rear all on 17 acres. Not into what Don and Charles have going on with all that upkeep. Been there, done that & have the t-shirt. This will be a separate shop, possibly in a gated building community (I’m not doing retail) and then just a different house in an HOA most likely but a little further out from hippyville this time. Girls will all be in high school bnext year & 2 of 3 with license so they can car pool.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: September 22, 2018, 05:39:57 PM »
Dave, we would have to use 1" armor. Might need a GoFundMe to be able to plate all of his toys...urr... I mean tools.

Nate almost don't count.

I stopped the bidding, because it was close to what it would have cost new

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: September 22, 2018, 07:41:03 PM »
Today I mowed even though it was wet.  hadn’t mowed in 3 weeks and had to get it mowed.  It started raining again while I was mowing but I got most of it done.

Then I pulled cat6 cable to the shipping container from the casita and tomorrow I’ll pull cat6 from the main house to the casita and start terminating the network and getting ready for new IP cameras and relocating all the AV and network switches to the guest house along with the server.

Plan is to have all the av equipment and the network switches and server in the guest house and run a mesh wireless network so we can roam across the property without dropping network access.

Of course my back was starting to feel better but I picked up the same tool box today and fubared my back again.  SMH. Whiskey is helping

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: September 22, 2018, 08:41:53 PM »
Tex, you know you don't have to ruin your back to have a couple drinks don't you. After all you know the insurance business right? :beercheers:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: September 22, 2018, 09:16:12 PM »
Bob, I'm really worried this time.  A headon car accident that messed my back up was what ended my baseball career when I was 19.  I've battled lower back problems most of  my adult life but this is bad.  I'm not one for narcotics but I'd eat a handful if I had them.  Spoke with a Dr friend and I may need to get an MRI and see if I ruptured a disk.

I'm just so dense and stupid that I can't stop working no matter how much I hurt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal