Hello Guest

Author Topic: New TIG for the shop  (Read 3266 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
New TIG for the shop
« on: March 21, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »
Been wanting one for a while. This is a base model, but still inverter style....even came with a spool gun.

...the one I had originally picked out was almost 10k, and water cooled, but decided to hold back for the first time in my life.

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: New TIG for the shop
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 06:57:41 PM »
What model? I have a 304cv/cc that is tig capable. I only use it for mig though, supposedly it can be used as an air arc too.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 07:35:26 PM »
I assume it's AC/dc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 07:43:47 PM »
Syncrowave 210 ac/dc. It has a bunch of presets, but can also download (through sd card) updates and adjustments like hz, mig, and dc dig, but they forgot to ship the sd card.

yeah Tex, I've needed one for years, to repair aluminum parts like intake manifolds, timing covers, etc., and my current spool gun isn't very good at that kind of stuff.

The one I wanted was a dynasty 350, but decided it's wayyy to complicated for me, for as little as I will use it. This one is basically turn on and go to work..
oh,...and max draw is 30 amps because of the inverter.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 08:18:49 PM »
Very cool. That's on my list. Please provide detailed results and review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 08:54:48 PM »
I like it Ken, mucho better than a spool gun.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Spacecase544

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 10:10:07 PM »
I was looking at getting a Millermatic 212 by the end of the year...blue makes nice stuff!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 11:37:44 AM »
When I was picking up a new bottle of C-25 for my MIG yesterday, the local Miller dealer showed me a "demo" Diversion 165. The thing didn't even have dust on it, and they said when they received it as a demo unit, they couldn't even tell that it had been turned on. Anyway, as a "weekend welder", I've been interested in TIG for a long time, but price was always a factor. This 165 is AC/DC, comes with regulator, torch, foot pedal etc, plus the regular 3-yr warranty and they only want 2/3's the price of a new one for it!

Should I pull the trigger on it? It's not quite the welder that Syncrowave is by any means, but I'm also not quite the welder you would be KensAuto :)

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 11:57:59 AM »
I was looking at getting a Millermatic 212 by the end of the year...blue makes nice stuff!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That's my machine. I love it!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 12:44:53 PM »
When I was picking up a new bottle of C-25 for my MIG yesterday, the local Miller dealer showed me a "demo" Diversion 165. The thing didn't even have dust on it, and they said when they received it as a demo unit, they couldn't even tell that it had been turned on. Anyway, as a "weekend welder", I've been interested in TIG for a long time, but price was always a factor. This 165 is AC/DC, comes with regulator, torch, foot pedal etc, plus the regular 3-yr warranty and they only want 2/3's the price of a new one for it!

Should I pull the trigger on it? It's not quite the welder that Syncrowave is by any means, but I'm also not quite the welder you would be KensAuto :)

you give me too much credit!

Aquiring a Blue TIG for about a grand? heck yeah!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 04:12:08 PM »

Well, no one really pays retail. Isit 2/3 retail? That is standard. If about 1/2 msrp, go for it!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 06:39:32 PM »
They want $1200 CAD ($900 US) for it.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 10:05:03 PM »
They want $1200 CAD ($900 US) for it.

That sounds like a good price as they are 1600us online. Miller is a solid brand and with a full warranty?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 08:01:34 AM »
Yes sir, full warranty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal