Hello Guest

Author Topic: Ramcharger Build  (Read 41154 times)

Offline JR

• View Profile
Re: Ramcharger Build
« Reply #300 on: April 09, 2018, 01:42:53 PM »
Thanks for the update and nice seats. I bet those are cheaper than the recarro's I used in my old truck!

Hows mileage been? I have a gen 1 6bt for the sub.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 09, 2018, 02:01:42 PM »
I got the seats thru Summit, free shipping and no Tax, they were $600 for the pair and the adapters are $100 each.

Mileage is still 13-15MPG but I drive fast(75-80) and the RC weights +7000lbs, I am rebuilding a 47RH but I doubt the lockup with really help much.  We will see what is dose after the Cummins rebuild and the 47RH   

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 09, 2018, 02:05:26 PM »
Was just at summit eyeing them as the kids tried em.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 09, 2018, 04:10:41 PM »
How did the rear bumper re build turn out? I don?t recall seeing a finished one after the swing out decided to jump ship. Also, not that it?s worth anything now, and the seats are gross (dirty) but the 92 seats are in decent shape....

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 09, 2018, 04:24:37 PM »
I haven?t forgot about you, I?m making plans to head that way, sorry for the delay not a lot of free time!

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 09, 2018, 07:31:19 PM »
I haven?t forgot about you, I?m making plans to head that way, sorry for the delay not a lot of free time!

Didn?t think you did, you know where it?s at and where it?s going, so no worries.

But seriously though, that rear bumper gas/air tank thing you built or were building, how did it turn out?

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 09, 2018, 07:37:16 PM »
its on the I have to get back to that list, sad part its all cut just need to weld it up!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 10, 2018, 06:48:36 AM »
That picture of the seats makes it look like you are about to send that RC into orbit....
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 10, 2018, 09:40:07 AM »
That picture of the seats makes it look like you are about to send that RC into orbit....
Remembering of course that recently his boss did just that same sort of thing!
Site owner    IS 6:8  Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author: Distant Thunder

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 12, 2018, 11:40:20 AM »
So the block and crank are back from the machine shop they both checked out no issues/cracks everything is STD.  This engine was a core I picked up awhile back that had a broken camshaft from one of the gearcase bolts that came loose and fell into the gears. This did much damage to the engine, broke the cam, which then allowed the valves to hit the pistons, then all the pushrods bent, the tappets broke from the pushrods going into pretzel mode.

One other thing that happened was the keyway sheared on the crank gear I didn?t notice this the crank shop called me and told me about it, this will be fun fixing because I have to cut what?s left of the key so I can pull the gear.   

I still have ALOT of detail work I have to do to the block before I start reassembly!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 12, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »
I like that engine stand!
Site owner    IS 6:8  Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author: Distant Thunder

Offline JR

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 12, 2018, 04:07:32 PM »
That would hold a truck.

Thomas Jefferson