Hello Guest

Author Topic: Seat Cover Thread  (Read 1356 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Seat Cover Thread
« on: April 29, 2016, 10:33:54 AM »
I've been wanting to protect the leather in my new-to-me truck for some time now. This ('12 GMC) is, in theory, the last truck I will buy and want it to stay nice for as long as i can.
I decided to try out these Coverking Tactical Ballistic Canvas Seat Covers from Auto Anything. They had 3 choices for color; Black, Charcoal, and cashmere....I picked the charcoal. They're as stiff as cardboard, but seam to be pretty tough, and come with Molle on the backsides.

The seats are light grey (almost white) with charcoal dash accents. The covers don't match anything, but after waiting a month and a half, they were installed anyway.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:37:10 AM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Seat Cover Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 10:35:54 AM »
...some molle gear (one of them is a headrest cover)

In this pic, they kinda match the dash:

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 10:44:06 AM »
Those look real nice!
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline husker77c

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 10:45:36 AM »
I put buckets in the ford a few weeks ago and they are blue. The rest of the interior is tan so I've been looking at seat covers and these crossed my mind quite a few times.   Is the fit acceptable?  It seams like seat covers are sometimes very ill fitting.    Did it come with the molle pouches?  Do you think you will actually use the pouches?   I think it's a great idea but I'm not sure what I'd use the pouches for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 12:28:10 PM »
Did it come with the molle pouches?  Do you think you will actually use the pouches?   I think it's a great idea but I'm not sure what I'd use the pouches for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the surplus stores, craigslist, and other online places. Pouches can be found for cheap. If you get the GP pouches you can use them as smaller tool bags for hose clamps, fuses, flashlights, tape, gloves... Pretty much anything.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 02:11:24 PM »
The fit is nice and tight, especially where you sit. they don't conform in the middle until you sit in them. I think that's because of how stiff the material is. They look pretty decent.
They came with 6 different pouches that seem to be the same (good) quality, and the same material.

What will i use them for? Well, my glove box and consol are both full...so i can relocate the 45 mags, extra keys, owners manual, and like Bobby said..pretty much anything I don't wanna shove under the back seat as long as it's not too large.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 04:17:48 PM »
Oooooohhhhhh.  Me likely a lot.

Thanks Kenneth.  Looks good
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 10:12:30 PM »
I was looking for some seat covers myself

Was over at Costco looking at the sheepskin/fleece. I am well acquainted with them as the seats in the special operations version of the Chinook has sheep skin. It was found to be the only stuff that would allow your butt to "breath", combated the cold, wasn't bad in the stiffing heat and for our frequent 10-13 hour seat time days, they kept you in better overall condition. I think they wick  moisture (sweat) as well...

Anyway, I looked them then and am looking at them now.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal