VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Bikes Motorcycles, S x S's, Tractors, and Mowers

Polaris Ranger Aluminum Bed

(1/11) > >>

KensAuto:
I started a new project a couple weeks ago. For those that didn't see (and didn't get a chance to poke fun at me), the new-to-me toy hauler I purchased last year , I bought one that had a 12' garage and then proceeded to stuff a 12.5' Ranger Crew in it. To make it work, I had to raise the roof/bed to clear the top of the ranger, and take the bed off to gain clearance length wise....kind of a pain.

This is what it looks like loaded up:
http://real-man-truckworks-and-survival.com/index.php?topic=993.msg19155#msg19155

KensAuto:
I had planned on extending the trailer a foot or so, but decided it would be more fun (easier) to build a new bed for the ranger. I've got it set up the way I want it and would like to keep it rather than getting a different one.

Here's the 3/16" aluminum plate for the base, sides, and front:

...some relief cuts to make bending easier:

KensAuto:
kinda forgot the first part. I took the steel guts/frame out of the original bed and chopped off a few inches, then welded on some thick walled rectangular tubing.
While I was at it, I redid the shock lift mount. It was discarded when the turbo was installed, because of interference issues:

KensAuto:
...then flipped it around to make the front piece:

KensAuto:
Originally was going to keep it simple and make it like a stakebed , with a small rail around the outside. Then, like always, I had to make it complicated. Not wanting to sell the gun scabbard accessory on craigslist, I found some pipe the right diameter, albeit very thin (and difficult to weld to 3/16 plate!).
The pipes needed to be flared for the scabbard to fit properly....all I had that would work was a hammer and a brake lathe cone:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version