FOOD CORNER > Canning & Food Storage

Cooler that doesn't break the bank

(1/15) > >>

JR:
So you have the $20 48 quart coolers that are OK for a day, maybe more with lots of ice or a block.

Then you have the extreme cooler like Yeti, but cost several hundred bones!!

In the middle I guess are the marine coolers with some magic vapor instead of foam for insulation.

So beside dropping a huge amount of cash what works for you guys?

I would like something a little smaller than 48qt that I can throw a block of ice in and its good a week. Is that possible?? 

TexasRedNeck:
Great question. A week? Probably not.

I just get the marine coolers from igloo. I can buy one a year and throw
It away and still not spent as much as a yeti in 10'years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cudakidd53:
If you want the cooler to keep ice longer, put it in the shade wrapped with wet burlap- evaporation will help keep it cooler.  Freezing water in smaller milk jugs (big too) makes for a dryer cooler too and ice lasts longer.  I admit though, direct contact with my beverage cans is my preferred ice arrangement- if your hand aches reaching for it, ITS COLD!  :o

Flyin6:
That blue igloo cooler is usually good for a whole weekend if I top it off with ice. Say, I depart on Friday afternoon topped off, by Sunday in the afternoon, I have enough cool water remaining to transport left overs back to my casa without them spoiling.

That cooler was a sub-$50 unit

Mrwoody:
A new brand is RTIC
Online only and their gimmick is half the price of yeti.    Seems like they can't make them quick enough because they are always out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version