Hello Guest

Author Topic: Salvation Scriptures  (Read 10039 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Salvation Scriptures
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:35:16 AM »
Matthew 1:21  She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.

Luke 19:10  For the Son of Man [Jesus] came to seek and to save what was lost.

John 1:12  Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

John 3:16, KJV  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:36  Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.

John 6:40  For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 10:9  I [Jesus] am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.

John 10:27-28  My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.

John 17:3  Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Acts 2:21  And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Acts 4:10,12  ...It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth... [12] Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.

Acts 15:11  ...We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved...

Acts 16:30-31  ...“Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved...”

Romans 6:23, KJV  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 10:9  ...if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Romans 10:13, KJV  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

1 Corinthians 1:18, KJV  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 15:2-4  By this gospel you are saved ... [specifically] that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day...

2 Corinthians 7:10  Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation...
Luke 13:3  ...unless you repent, you too will all perish. Acts 3:19, KJV  Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.
Ephesians 1:7  In [Jesus] we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins...

Ephesians 2:8-9, KJV  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2 Timothy 3:15  ...from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

Titus 3:5, KJV  Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

James 1:21  Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

1 John 1:7, KJV  ...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1 John 5:11-12  And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
Re: Salvation Scriptures
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 08:39:06 AM »
Thanks for throwing those Salvation Scriptures up.  Great to have in the tool box.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:47:16 AM »
Thanks for throwing those Salvation Scriptures up.  Great to have in the tool box.
Concur

Was off looking at salvation related scripture and came across this list. I was looking for the Verse in Romans...10:9...so straight forward. I call it "The path."

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 08:48:36 AM »
Walking Down the "Romans Road" to Salvation . . . .

• Because of our sin, we are separated from God.
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.  (Romans 3:23)

• The Penalty for our sin is death.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord. (Romans 6:23)

• The penalty for our sin was paid by Jesus Christ!
But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 )

• If we repent of our sin, then confess and trust Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will be saved from our sins!
For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.  (Romans 10:13)
 ...if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9,10)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:17:06 AM by Flyin6 »
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 08:51:21 AM »
Yep^^^^^^^^^^

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 08:52:38 AM »
Don,
Roman's 5:8 It should read but keeps putting in the icon. 
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 08:59:06 AM »
Don,
Roman's 5:8 It should read but keeps putting in the icon. 
You want me to add that in??
Is that what you're asking?

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 09:13:45 AM »
Please fix the reference to Roman's 5:8 to show correctly instead of having the icon over the 8.  Thanks.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 09:18:27 AM »
Please fix the reference to Roman's 5:8 to show correctly instead of having the icon over the 8.  Thanks.
I think when you make an 8 with a ) right next to it, it combines into a smiley face. The solution is to space the colon from the numeral 8

Fixed

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal