Hello Guest

Author Topic: hedge row  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
hedge row
« on: June 29, 2016, 01:33:47 AM »
so after all of the fence stuff, my land lord shows up one day with roughly 25 / 26 english laurel bushes and says that he wants them planted in the following sections.  mind you my land lord and his wife are 2 very powerful and rich Korean's with somewhat poor engrish grammar..............SMH / FML........... ???  He pointed to the 2 places that he wanted them and said let him know what he needed to buy for supplies, got in his Porsche panamera https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=porsche%20panamera%202017  and popped ninja dust (pun intended......;D)

so, I conversed with the wife on what we would do if we were the ones paying the $$$ and then got to work measuring, digging sod up to re-use in areas that didn't have grass (previous folks were drug dealers and didn't care about the lawn), laying in landscaping brick, digging holes for the shrubbery bushes, and laying red mulch.

before

the white lattice crap quickly disappeared and the bushes were planted about 3' apart (should grow to roughly 6') so that when fully matured and landscaped, they will hid all of the power and coms garbage.

the other side was planted approx. 2' apart, should be 4' tall when matured, that way you can still see something instead of being completely blind as to what is going on in front of your house.  there is also a break to allow for use of the parking area on the side of the house.  maynard was my forman this time!

all in all, I think it turned out really nice!

all of the sod that was dug up from the 2 areas was placed on either side of the drive way, to attempt to get some sort of grass and not dirt in those areas.

so I will keep those areas watered, and get some nitrogen down for the english laurel, and pray.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 01:37:48 AM by nmeyer414 »
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: hedge row
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 08:45:21 AM »
Looks good! I hope your land lord works with you on your rent for all you are doing. If you get bored up there you can come work on my yard down here where it has been hot lately!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 08:51:46 AM »
Looks real good there Nate!
Keep the 'new' sod watered well, and it should take.
Quite a little upgrade in curb appeal.

And I'll always take help eagerly as well. Lol. That is if you'll work for beer. ::)
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 09:04:01 AM »
Looks nice

Nate you renting with option to make it Nate's place?
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 09:37:40 AM »
Looks like a great improvement Nate.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 10:01:36 AM »
Looks good! I hope your land lord works with you on your rent for all you are doing. If you get bored up there you can come work on my yard down here where it has been hot lately!

Hopefully next year, or whenever your terms are up they don't decide that since it looks nicer they should up the rent.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2016, 10:42:53 AM »

Hopefully next year, or whenever your terms are up they don't decide that since it looks nicer they should up the rent.

Wow, that thought never even crossed my mind. I would like to think because he is doing it for way less than it would cost to have hired they would give him a break.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2016, 11:01:35 AM »
In a perfect world^^^ where everyone treats their fellow man fair. :)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 11:10:21 AM »
Looking very nice Nate!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 11:57:18 AM »
Good job Nate, hope you have a good set of power pruners, left unpruned those will get up to 20ft wide by 20 ft tall in no time. You should only have to prune them like 3 times a year to keep them looking kept.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 07:40:37 PM »
If that last plant in the row next to the driveway is a Rhody, you can just prune back the laurel as needed and it will grow both in the shade and the sun.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2016, 12:32:35 AM »
Looks good with nice use of the sod. So I guess you guys have a deal on upgrades vs just keeping it up?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal