Hello Guest

Author Topic: 20 year old Fourtrax 4x4  (Read 10237 times)

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:06:52 PM »
I've finally started some long overdue parts replacement on my first and only four wheeler and need to trouble you good folks for some advice. A little background: When I was 12yo dad and I were working around 450 head of cattle. During the spring when dad was working day and night spreading fertilizer it was my responsibility to feed and make sure all of our cattle were healthy and accounted for. I would ride the school bus home, get our farm truck, load it up with feed and anything else I might need, then head off to work. We leased several farms miles apart and my only way of getting there was by 90' Chevrolet. One day, as I was passing by my school our librarian saw me driving that beat up Silverado. My goodness at the storm that ensued. County sheriff's deputies, highway patrol, school principle, and friends' parents trying to scoop me up before the rest caught me. Long story short, I needed another mode of transportation and this Honda fit the bill perfectly. It was used and abused by myself and my nephews for a decade and a half before being parked in a shed where it stayed until last December. After removing the racks and fenders this is what I had.

After pressure washing.

I knew for sure the front wheel bearing where shot so that's where I started. I've been reading through pages and pages of The Square D build and I like the idea of weatherproofing parts as I handle them. Might as well right if it's already apart right?

What kind of cleaner, primer, coating, etc... should I start acquiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:16:31 PM by longball »

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: 20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 07:21:45 PM »
Check out bike bandit dot com.
They sell complete spindles with bearings and all.
I think they may even be as cheap as just the bearings and ball joints.

I haven't used them, but a buddy of mine has over the years.

As for coatings, powder coat would be hard to beat, but may be difficult.
Likely a good tough rust paint, or epoxy paint may hold up too.
Short of that, I'll let the others chime in that know more than I.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »
ha ha!!! that's story has some familiarities to it!!!!

I wouldn't go crazy otherwise you will end up with 20 year old fourtax that cost you as much as new one. I just went through an entire 1986 XR80r with my son and while I thought powder coat was the way to go, it ended up being so much cheaper to  just sand blast it at home and paint with hammerite in Honda red.  :D

STEP 1: DEGREASE THE WHOLE BIKE- SIMPLE GREEN WORKS WONDERS
STEP 2: PRESSURE WASH THE CRAP OUT OF IT
STEP 3: CHECK FOR CRACKS IN FRAME- MOTOR MOUNTS, WELDED TABS, SEAT BRACKETS

I LIKE A CLEAN SLATE!!!!

IMO I would just press new bearings in it after you get them cleaned and painted.

As you go just clean everything really well and paint if necessary, some of that old Honda powder coating is strong!!! pull all your electrical connections and clean and fill with dielectric grease.  inspect wiring and replace as needed. drain all fluids...maybe twice.. ;D  new tires. I have found the Chinese make great cloned carburetor  that is ready to run for 1/2 the price of a rebuild kit..

it really doesn't look that bad-- looks like years of dried on mud!

The misc. parts will add up fast...I know they did on my kids old XR

I have used bike bandit in the past as well as cheapcycleparts.com both good places but the older parts sometimes they want a mint for...

I love the old bike/quad stuff if you have any questions -please ask.
LOOKING FWD TO SEE THE END RESULT!!! 8)

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 08:29:14 PM »
Thank you for the replies gentleman. I'm not going to get crazy with this thing. Heck, I don't have the mechanical knowledge necessary to get crazy with it. What I have in mind right now is new bearings, fluids, filters, starter, probably some new brake parts, new fender supports (about half of them are missing), new splash guards (most are broken), paint on the wheels, and lots of cleaning and scrubbing. I read that there is a disk brake conversion for these bikes. That probably won't happen this go round but maybe the next time I feel like giving it some love.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 08:48:04 PM by longball »

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 09:23:06 PM »
My neighbor across the street has that exact same quad!

Just go at it slowly and go over every part

Just fix what needs fixing

DO NOT do a comprehensive oil change!!!!!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 09:31:52 PM »
It has been a great machine. After the abuse it's seen there is no rhyme or reason as to how or why it's still running. Just from wrecks I had I think I'm on my 3rd set of handlebars, 2nd or 3rd front rack, 2nd rear rack, and 2nd front bumper. No matter how hard I hit stuff or how many times it rolled the only thing that ever got hurt was the racks and handlebars. If you could buy a new truck as tough as that fourwheeler it might actually be worth $60k.

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 11:14:41 PM »
Those things are tanks! I have one at work that I built a pushbar setup for, to push cars around (and even big trucks and motorhomes). That sob seems indestructible....but the brakes do suck.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2016, 08:31:44 AM »
For paint I'd do brush on POR15.  Very tough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 09:15:10 AM »
Love It!! I still have the very same 86 trx350 bought brand new. mine hasn't move in 2 yrs! needs tires and carb work. Maybe I can make it a winter project, I'm going to watch yours closely!!
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2016, 11:20:11 AM »
My neighbor across the street has that exact same quad!

Just go at it slowly and go over every part

Just fix what needs fixing

DO NOT do a comprehensive oil change!!!!!
I'm curious about your suggestion not to do a comprehensive oil change. Do you care to elaborate or did a joke just fly over my head?
Those things are tanks! I have one at work that I built a pushbar setup for, to push cars around (and even big trucks and motorhomes). That sob seems indestructible....but the brakes do suck.
This thing is a tank. I rolled it off of a near vertical, 14' embankment into the Eleven Point river once. I landed in about 2' of water and it landed on top of me. Luckily it rolled off and I just laid there, not being able to move for several minutes, looking up at the trees thinking there's no way AirEvac can get in here to get me. When I got feeling back in my legs two friends bent the handlebars back up off of the tank and I drove it out of the river and the 20 miles back home. If it weren't for my helmet the rear rack would've busted my melon wide open. A wreck like that will make you back out of the throttle a little.

Back to the quad: I don't know anything about drum brakes but to me this look bad.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2016, 12:59:53 PM »
Those are a bit nasty, but I've had worse...
My experience with them, once they no longer seal, as those are, you can't get them back 'right'. If funds allow, now is the time to do the disc brake upgrade.
I've been putting it off, but time is near for me to do it.
I have a 2004 with 2500 miles in swamps and underwater, and they work but not so good anymore.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2016, 02:16:14 PM »
I don't have a clue how many miles are on these but it's a lot, and like you, lots of mud and water. When I squeeze the brake lever nothing happens. I can tell there is a pressure change in the line but that's it, no parts move on this end. I wasn't wanting to spend a fortune on it but I'll look into the disk brake conversion.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:18:57 PM by longball »

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »
Yeah, the oil change is a reference to square d.  It really did start as just a fluid change,  so don could do a straight axle swap on his duramax, but that changed faster than lightining strikes.......;D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2016, 02:59:38 PM »
Here's one on fleabay.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Quadrax-95-04-Honda-Foreman-400-450-w-12-wheels-Front-Disc-Brake-Conversion-Kit-/222227619894?nav=SEARCH

Not sure if it will fit, but the price appears to have come down a bit since I last looked.
Sam

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 08:01:30 PM »
I spent some time looking at disk brake conversions last weekend. Everything I found required wheels larger than the factory wheel that are on mine which isn't s big deal. The drum brakes will work well enough for what I need. It'll be a few more days before I make any progress. Trench rescue class is taking up all of my time this week.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 07:39:01 AM »
I have a 20 something year old Kawasaki. When I needed some parts I went to the dealer. Had to order them but had them. I needed a voltage regulator. Most things are discontinued but if all else fails make a call to the dealer. Most if not all the employees are bike nuts that why they work there. Maybe they can steer you in the right direction to find good used parts.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 01:06:05 PM »
10-4 Farmer Jon. I think I have found most of what I'll need, just a few lose ends to tie up. I'd like to work on it this week but poor ol Rescue Randy need my attention for a little while longer. He's got himself in a heck of a bind.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 01:07:19 PM by longball »

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 09:53:46 PM »
That's what RANDY gets for working naked! 
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 02:14:55 PM »
Must have been a good party for him to end up naked down there!

As for your ATV, we've still got the same exact one.  Grandpa purchased it new in 1998 and it has been in use for hunting / yard work / plowing snow / fun without any major service ever since.  I think it got an oil change every 5 years maybe?  I personally have rolled ours over a few times and I think my brother did too.  Yet it still fires right up and everything works great.  I do agree that this particular model seems to last forever.  They still sell for around $2500 here in my area.  So while it's probably not worth a complete overhaul, fixing the items that need repair should still keep you well under the point of spending more than it's worth.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 09:48:34 AM »
Who put the Hillary supporter in the hole?

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 12:28:01 PM »
That's what RANDY gets for working naked!

Randy used to have clothes but being dragged around by a bunch of firefighters made quick work of his flannel. DOT warning: that reminds me of a young kid we ran a while back who had overdosed on roxy and loritabs. The call came in as a possible overdose and while in route we were advised CPR in progress. By the time we got there they had gotten a pulse back but the patient was not breathing. Pulse-respiration=dead. So I hook up O2 and start giving respirations with a bag valve mask. I rode in to the hospital to breath for the guy so the medic could do her thing. After a 1/2 dose of narcan the patient sits straight up, asked where he was, then looks down and says "d%&n, you guy cut my favorite shirt". Without missing a beat the medic said "no problem, we've also been breathing for you for the last 15 minutes. Do you have a problem with that too?" Some peoples kids.....
Who put the Hillary supporter in the hole?
I did, you know a Hillary supporter wouldn't go into a job site on their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:08:03 PM by longball »

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 05:39:36 PM »
As of yesterday I am going a different route with my fourtrax. Dad was at the dealership where he traded in his 2009 Polaris Ranger XP 700 for a 2016 Kawasaki Mule last spring and saw something familiar on the lot. The salesman he bought his Kawasaki from sold it to a family member who only put 15 hours on it before deciding it wasn't what he needed. Knowing the maintenance history and how it was taken care of I couldn't pass it up for the price. Especially since it already has the roof, windshield, and upgraded wheels and tires.

For now I'll fix what is necessary on the fourtrax and use it when HH6 and I are both hunting but going opposite directions. I spent some time this morning looking at Don's gator build and I really like the headache rack and m4 mount he made. I think I'll start with upgraded lighting, underbody protection, gun mounts, medical kit, and extinguisher, then go from there.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:17:45 PM by longball »

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2016, 01:49:59 PM »
That's a big change in direction!  I will be curious to watch what you do to the ranger.  We have one that is almost identical.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 07:48:52 PM »
What did you give for it if you don't mind me asking?

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2016, 09:24:59 PM »
Nice change of direction. The Honda will still serve you well for many to come in any case.
Sam

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 07:41:36 PM »
That's a big change in direction!  I will be curious to watch what you do to the ranger.  We have one that is almost identical.

I won't go crazy with it, just slowly add things as needs and ideas arise.

What did you give for it if you don't mind me asking?

I don't mind, we gave $6,500 for it. That's about the going rate for similar vehicles in our area. The good thing about this one is that I know it's history and I know it has always been serviced on time and well taken care of.

Nice change of direction. The Honda will still serve you well for many to come in any case.

The Honda definitely won't go anywhere. Of any motorized machine I own it'll still probably be the most reliable one.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 07:42:34 PM by longball »

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 09:05:24 PM »
Weekend before last we went to Missouri to see some of my family and pick up the Polaris. Before we left I told my wife we would need new trailer tires soon. I didn't realize how soon.
I wasn't going to risk the next 300 miles without another spare so some nice guys at Goodyear in West Memphis got us back on the road with two new tires.

My Mom is a breast cancer survivor so her and Dad came down last weekend for the Liz Hurley Ribbon Run in Huntsville. While they were here we wanted to see how the Polaris would handle the hunting lease in the mountains and we were not disappointed. I avoided some parts of the trail since my a-arm guards won't be here until tomorrow. I don't want to tear something up unnecessarily.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:51:52 PM by longball »

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 08:10:06 PM »
Dear Polaris, why do you hate us?
Started a complete fluid change today and ended up taking the front bumper, grill, and headlights off so I could get to the fill plug. The radiator was much dirtier than I though so it ended up being a good thing I took it off.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 08:30:12 PM »
That is one dirty rad!
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 09:20:46 PM »
You can get to it, it just sucks doing it. I've done mine twice now, and cussed both times!

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 09:55:57 PM »
That is one dirty rad!
Filthy! It was almost all fescue seed so it blew out pretty easily. She should run much cooler now.
You can get to it, it just sucks doing it. I've done mine twice now, and cussed both times!
There are some engineers at Polaris who's ears should've been burning about 2 hours ago. They may not know it but they got a good stern talking to. I fiddled with it for quite a while before I took everything off. If I have to do it again I'll probably go the same route. The bumper is held on by 5 bolts and the front clip has 6 hex head bolts that have to come out. While not ideal, it allowed me to see what I was doing and I was able to use a standard funnel. How much fluid does your front differential hold? The manual I found (online) says 9.3oz but everything I could read on the google machine says 5oz.

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2016, 10:36:56 AM »
I got a little more than 8oz in, a couple weeks ago, but I didn't let it drain as long as usual.

The reason I don't wanna take my bumper off is because there's a winch hooked to it. lol

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 01:12:06 PM »
Yeah a winch would make a difference. Mine held right at 9oz before it started running out of the fill hole so I guess that's where I'll leave it. Thanks for the info.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 05:18:55 PM by longball »

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 02:36:41 PM »
No problem. I've heard a few stories of how the front diffs grenade, so I guess it's a good idea to keep it changed often.
I also overfill the trans on mine, especially after adding the turbo. I think yours is the same design...a one piece trans/rear diff. The fUll hole is the one the right side, and the fIll is in the back. I filled mine to the rear plug...almost doubling the capacity, and so far so good.

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 02:48:10 PM »
It continues to amaze me every time I work on something like your Polaris how much under/over engineering goes into these to make them look "cool" all while sacrificing the much needed easy access points to service them. I just did a full service on my friends kids RZR 170 and had to remove way more than one should. On a side note if anyone is  a Can-Am owner like myself, don't overfill those diffs...they have an oil seal that cant handle the over fill and will push all extra fluid right out. Once that seal has been "compromised" its useless and a bit of a PITA to replace.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2016, 07:25:28 PM »
No problem. I've heard a few stories of how the front diffs grenade, so I guess it's a good idea to keep it changed often.
I also overfill the trans on mine, especially after adding the turbo. I think yours is the same design...a one piece trans/rear diff. The fUll hole is the one the right side, and the fIll is in the back. I filled mine to the rear plug...almost doubling the capacity, and so far so good.
Mine has the separate rear diff and transmission. The trans held about 43oz although the dealer I bought the amsoil from said 33oz.

I ordered a set of front and rear a arm guards from S&S Fabrication in Whittensville Kentucky. I am really pleased with the rear and am waiting on a replacement set for the front. The first set I received didn't clear the caliper so the owner is making me another set that should be here soon.

While following a friend to a hunting spot in the mountains I thought I felt the belt slip. Since the original had almost 4K miles on it I went ahead and replaced it with a Gates unit. Right now I'm investigating a suspected temp and barometric pressure sensor failure. I am experiencing the signs for sure (strong fuel smell from exhaust, sporadic idle, poor fuel economy). I've read that a replacement from otb powersports is the cure. It is less expensive that the factory replacement so I'll give it a shot.
A few maintenance items like this were to be expected with a machine of this age. I'm still pleased as punch with this thing.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2016, 08:10:55 PM »
Hey, I need another side by side...Possibly a Christmas gift for my pretty Misses. My old 825I gator was not fast, only did like 44 MPH. I want something with a lot more power, but not insane. And I want a work box for doing stuff like you did in the pic. Firewood, stones, kids, dead deer, whatever. What should I be looking at?

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2016, 08:17:22 PM »
Buddy of mine has a Polaris RZR 1000.
Insane amount of power and speed. This is not what you want or need, but just a reference to the pure power it had. I think there are more utility styles that have similar power.
It had the get up and go that you probably are after so you mates to to look at the bigger machines.
Sam

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2016, 08:17:34 PM »
My experience is limited to 3 Polaris Rangers and one Kawasaki Mule. The Mule is the one my dad bought when he traded in this Polaris. I'm not sure what the top speed of the Mule is but as far as a working rig, the Kawasaki is by far the better vehicle. It is quieter, rides smoother, has a bigger bed (with a steel floor) and gets much better fuel mileage. If I were buying one to work with, that would be my choice. On the other hand, I believe it has a motor similar to the John Deere you had. Best I remember it wouldn't accept a turbo like you wanted. I'll get some more info from him and let you know.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2016, 08:22:02 PM »
OK, I'll keep checking back

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2016, 08:32:33 PM »
Just talked to dad and his Mule is governed at 47mph. He also said it is a small 3 cylinder that is used in small automobiles in Japan. Sounds like a similar setup to your Gator.

What about the Can-Am Defender? 72hp V twin, locking rear differential, 10" of suspension travel, 11" ground clearance. http://can-am.brp.com/off-road/defender.html

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2016, 10:08:18 PM »
That's a good pick for sure

I like the XT version... 72 HP and 61 ft/lb...

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2016, 05:23:38 PM »

Shouldn't it be what SHE likes? I mean it is HER gift...

;D
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2016, 09:18:46 PM »

Shouldn't it be what SHE likes? I mean it is HER gift...

;D
Theoretically speaking, of course, that may be true... ;-)

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2016, 01:46:23 PM »
We've been super happy with our '13 ranger so far.  Would definitely consider looking at the new version of it if I were in the market.  It has been more capable that I expected.  Also would look at the Polaris General.  I don't have much personal experience, but a friend at work is looking at them and described it as halfway between the more utilty based ranger and the performance based razor (or rzr?). 

Keep in mind that the #1 selling feature for us turned out to be the angle and overall squishiness of the seats.  Since it is primarily driven by my wife, she sat in all of them and instantly proclaimed the razor to be a no-go due to the stiff and uncomfortable seats.  I tried to explain the they hold you in better and it would be more fun, but she was having none of it.  She basically wanted a sofa that she could drive around while wearing shorts and flip flops.  The ranger was the most comfortable and easiest to get in and out of.  You may want to at least consider that in part of your decision making if you expect her to actually drive it.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2016, 03:38:17 PM »
We've been super happy with our '13 ranger so far.  Would definitely consider looking at the new version of it if I were in the market.  It has been more capable that I expected.  Also would look at the Polaris General.  I don't have much personal experience, but a friend at work is looking at them and described it as halfway between the more utilty based ranger and the performance based razor (or rzr?). 

Keep in mind that the #1 selling feature for us turned out to be the angle and overall squishiness of the seats.  Since it is primarily driven by my wife, she sat in all of them and instantly proclaimed the razor to be a no-go due to the stiff and uncomfortable seats.  I tried to explain the they hold you in better and it would be more fun, but she was having none of it.  She basically wanted a sofa that she could drive around while wearing shorts and flip flops.  The ranger was the most comfortable and easiest to get in and out of.  You may want to at least consider that in part of your decision making if you expect her to actually drive it.
Oh, that's right, she will be driving it...sort of forgot that... ;-))

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2016, 11:33:06 PM »
Was surprised when you sold your Don, so many uses for it on the farm.

Keep in mind you will add armor and a few tools to it, can't see it stock at all.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2016, 10:28:05 AM »
Was surprised when you sold your Don, so many uses for it on the farm.

Keep in mind you will add armor and a few tools to it, can't see it stock at all.
Yea, well right about now the missesses is sort of rememberin' my decision to sell it as well

Sore subject

Gonna cost me some coin

But in the end, I'll be poor, she'll be happy, and my excavator will be that much further down the road..

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2016, 11:01:17 AM »
^^the comedy of truth there...

I feel your pain.
Didn't at all need the new sled, now I need to sell one.
And I heard no more guns for a while in that conversation... :o
We'll see about that one, but she will win in the interim.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 11:07:12 AM »
^^the comedy of truth there...

I feel your pain.
Didn't at all need the new sled, now I need to sell one.
And I heard no more guns for a while in that conversation... :o
We'll see about that one, but she will win in the interim.

I know how to solve that one

Buy the next one for her!

Kat is gettin' quite the collection ;-))

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal