Hello Guest

Author Topic: 20 year old Fourtrax 4x4  (Read 10238 times)

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
Re: 20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2016, 11:25:28 AM »
I plan on having her run the AR and 9mm a bit over Christmas.
She's not scared of guns, just not aware of the fun.
And up until not that long ago I didn't have any good openers, read all to big too much recoil.
Getting a bit of a stock for both above mentioned so it's time.

Plant the seed so to speak. But then I may run into the ammo shortage you had. Lol.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:26:29 AM by Sammconn »
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2016, 03:02:31 PM »
My wife in one of her moods wanted to discuss "guns" in our home. I said it is not open to discussion. I keep "most" locked up.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2016, 04:56:05 PM »
Was surprised when you sold your Don, so many uses for it on the farm.

Keep in mind you will add armor and a few tools to it, can't see it stock at all.
Yea, well right about now the missesses is sort of rememberin' my decision to sell it as well

Sore subject

Gonna cost me some coin

But in the end, I'll be poor, she'll be happy, and my excavator will be that much further down the road..

Don, Maybe you can buy 1 or 3 of these not too far down the road from you and save some coin and keep an eyeball out for an excavator.

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/ABSOLUTE-2011-POLARIS-RANGER-XP-800-EFI/33578778/LotDetail.asp?lid=33578778&scrollLocationOnCatalog=805

They have many for sale.  :o
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2016, 05:41:34 PM »
Was surprised when you sold your Don, so many uses for it on the farm.

Keep in mind you will add armor and a few tools to it, can't see it stock at all.
Yea, well right about now the missesses is sort of rememberin' my decision to sell it as well

Sore subject

Gonna cost me some coin

But in the end, I'll be poor, she'll be happy, and my excavator will be that much further down the road..

Don, Maybe you can buy 1 or 3 of these not too far down the road from you and save some coin and keep an eyeball out for an excavator.

https://www.proxibid.com/aspr/ABSOLUTE-2011-POLARIS-RANGER-XP-800-EFI/33578778/LotDetail.asp?lid=33578778&scrollLocationOnCatalog=805

They have many for sale.  :o

Oh, Man, I don't know...

Those look like the things we abused horribly in Afghanistan. That looks like solidified hajji dirt on the underside...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Online Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2016, 07:56:57 PM »
Very close to me. I drive past that place on the way home Friday.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2017, 02:07:59 AM »
Well a little update. I installed the new temperature and barometric pressure sensor a few weeks ago and it made a definite improvement. No more, or significantly less, raw fuel smell, smoother idle, and what seems to be better fuel mileage. Also, the front a arm guards I ordered from S&S Fabrication out of Kentucky did not fit. I contacted the owner and he said he had lost my contact information. I supplied him with the info again about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I will contact him again tomorrow and see what he says. That being said, the rear guards are really nice, fit well, and seem to be well made.

I've made several hunting trips on the mountain with the ranger and it has been great so far. The Appalachians are a far cry from the mountains out west but my wife and I, plus gear, would have a tough time making that 3.5 mile ride on a four wheeler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2017, 12:15:39 PM »
Here we go chasing electrical gremlins. The ranger developed a rough idle a few weeks ago, had very little power, and I could smell raw fuel at the exhaust. I was getting error code 51 which is the no 1 cylinder injector/injector circuit. When I couldn't find the problem I took it to a dealership who told me both of my injectors were bad. Thinking $550 was ridiculous I bought them myself for $166 and had them installed in less than 30 minutes. Unfortunately that didn't fix the issue. While inspecting my wiring I found one of the pins in the no 1 injector harness was pulled out of the connector. Pushed it back in and it ran like a top, for about 10 minutes. When the symptoms returned I replaced both spark plugs, rechecked the wiring, pulling the bundle apart and inspecting each one. I couldn't find anything in the injector wiring so I moved to the temp and baro pressure sensor, again, finding no problems but still getting code 51. While standing back and contemplating lighting it on fire, I saw that the throttle position sensor had some insulation on one of the wires that doesn't look right.
I don't know if this is the problem but it seems to me that a problem here would affect both cylinders. There's not much wire left to work with but I will try to repair it anyway. Even if I doesn't hold long term maybe I can get enough of a connection to see if that is the problem.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2017, 12:19:06 PM »
I hate electrical issues. Still chasing no dashlights in the LBZ.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
20 year old Fourtrax 4x4
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2017, 01:05:07 PM »
That wire isn't as broke as I thought it was, just really thin.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:31:14 AM by longball »

Offline moto123

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2017, 01:31:10 PM »
Curious to know if that fixes it.  I know with our 2013 ranger it has an issue with getting water into the rear brake light switch which causes the lights to stay on after you turn it off.  I have avoided pressure washing that area ever since and it appears to be fine.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2017, 01:45:23 PM »
To me it sounds almost like a connection problem.
New injectors fixed it for a bit.

Something you moved is likely suspect IMO, and you're on the right track looking where you are.
Electrical gremlins are horrible. Good luck.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2017, 01:55:03 PM »
That looks like where the tech stabbed it with the probe during diagnostics. perfect little hole from my perspective. I wouldn't call it the problem just yet.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal