Hello Guest

Author Topic: Good deal at midway  (Read 1701 times)

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile

OldKooT

Re: Good deal at midway
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 09:02:10 PM »
That is not a shabby price for what it is. I think I have 4 or 5 garage sale lowers still lying around...maybe I should snag one and do a review?  *trying to justify why I would buy yet another lol

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 10:06:12 PM »
FYI, when I was banned from midway it was over a pos stoner bcg that midway was selling with full knowledge they were out of spec.

Stoner is midways line of junk
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

OldKooT

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 11:38:17 PM »
out of curiosity...how do you get banned from buying stuff? It sounds fun.....share old wise one.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 06:53:30 AM »
out of curiosity...how do you get banned from buying stuff? It sounds fun.....share old wise one.

Well there was a time back when these parts got scarce. So I ordered a spare bcg & that was only one I could find available. So I ordered it, they delivered & I stuck it in parts box. A few months later & out of the official midway policy "return period" I stumbled upon a thread over on ar15 site about issues with them after 20 rounds down the pipe. So I pulled the bcg from my colt le6940 & replaced, sure enough after 15-20 it started the issues.

So long story short I ended up with ceo of midways contact info & convinced him to return it. At the time I managed a shop which did Blanchard grinding & our stones for said machine came packaged in saw dust. I was returning the bcg & needed filler. So I used saw dust or shavings if you will. Sent it back & they refunded the money. Month later I was ordering more parts & they never billed my card or showed up. Mind you I had been a long time customer by this point buying quite a bit annually. I give them a call & they proceed to tell me I have been banned. I ask why & gal on other end brings up saw dust / shavings in that return box. She calls them "hazardous" to which I ask how wood shavings fall into a hazardous category? I am then asked by her since when has packaging items in saw dust been acceptable? I paused for a second (pissed at this point btw) & responded. "Oh I don't know maybe since horses, wagons & the shipment of nitro glycerin which was long before you or I was ever thought of!" After that I gave up...... ::)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 12:16:04 PM »
Troublemaker^^^^^^^. hahahhahahahahahhaaha
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 08:18:52 PM »
norm,
Shawn gets banned from a lot of stuff
Seems to run that way with him
Like me breaking tractors
He gets banned!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 09:50:39 PM »
norm,
He gets banned!

Hmmmm, actually I never thought about it but I do see a pattern here. I think it started with bars back in my 20's, then I took a break from those establishments. Met Don (not a coincidence I gather) & was banned frequently in one day from d-max, countless times from RM & the occasional parts supplier. So with all that said I think Don brings out the trouble in my personality as I was cured of this before our chance meeting........ Thanks Big D for the insight!!!! ;D

OldKooT

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 08:45:08 AM »
Only thing I have gotten banned from recently is my wife's kitchen...and only because I took off a old oak cabinet door to measure it for duplication and lost it.

My wife got banned from two drag strips for not having a cage in her car and going a lot too fast. So in this household I am the Angel  :D

Oh...I did get in trouble for wearing my "your a snowflake" T shirt to a Dem Party fundraiser locally here. Which is funny because I am not much for politics, but they sent me a invite because I am a independent I guess. They had free pizza... so we went LoL

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 09:23:59 AM »
norm,
He gets banned!

Hmmmm, actually I never thought about it but I do see a pattern here. I think it started with bars back in my 20's, then I took a break from those establishments. Met Don (not a coincidence I gather) & was banned frequently in one day from d-max, countless times from RM & the occasional parts supplier. So with all that said I think Don brings out the trouble in my personality as I was cured of this before our chance meeting........ Thanks Big D for the insight!!!! ;D
Any time!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »
Oh...I did get in trouble for wearing my "your a snowflake" T shirt to a Dem Party fundraiser locally here. Which is funny because I am not much for politics, but they sent me a invite because I am a independent I guess. They had free pizza... so we went LoL

LOL! I bet that went over like a lead balloon! Probably sent "snowflakes" scurrying for their "safe spaces"!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

OldKooT

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2016, 10:51:32 AM »
Yeah.... social skills are not my strong point.  :D

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal