TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > Alternative Energy

Passive Solar Collector

(1/4) > >>

Flyin6:
OK, get to make the first post on the first thread in a brandly new (DOT Free) Board

Man I must be livin' right!

OK. so Wilbur sent me a link to passive and active solar collectors over in the Hide Site section. I looked that stuff up, and I was HA'd (Hillbilly Amazed)

Brain free stuff right there that keeps things thawed out and is low cost and builds easy. I have been wanting some easy in my life as of late.

So Here is a simple diagram for a passive solar collector panel which I'll build out of my favorite pink board, and use it to keep up upcoming above ground water storage "Box" free of the frozen little nasties that make me anxious and cost me money replacing lines, fittings, valves and things like that

stlaser:
DOT'ed officially up, now it fits in..... ;D

EL TATE:
Squirrel!

OldKooT:
Looks kinda like a open window to me...maybe the drawing is too complex for me. As a farmer we don't draw stuff,  we just imagine stuff in our head, and then wreck stuff until it looks like what we envisioned.

The above mentioned....Given the flack some insensitive people on the internets have given you over your foam board color choices... may I suggest you use the pink for the hot side and the blue for the cold...so you can then say you just were making it easier to understand for the iternets in dem pictures you post.

Sammconn:
That means he'll need to acquire a bit of blue too. Lol.
But seriously I've heard they work. I don't have, yet.

I will attest the gazebo at the cabin collects a lot of heat on a cold day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version