Hello Guest

Author Topic: General "Mad Dog" Mattis  (Read 905 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
General "Mad Dog" Mattis
« on: January 12, 2017, 04:06:25 PM »
Looks like the General is "in" as congress approved the waiver, allowing him to take the job as Secretary of Defense after only 4 years of living as a civilian, after serving in the military for over 40 years (for those that don't know you have to be a civy for 7 or more years before being allowed to hold SoD position). From what I've read, and heard, he seems to be a great leader. I feel pretty good knowing that he will be in charge of protecting our country for at least 4 years.

What do you guys think? Especially our current/former military guys? any thoughts?
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: General "Mad Dog" Mattis
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 06:04:48 PM »
I'm a big fan of him....a Marine General....how can you go wrong!  Now, when my 11 year old daughter is my age......that could be a problem due to the possibility of undetectable "unicorn and rainbow" poisoning infecting the Corp!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »
All the MIL guys I talk to say he's the real deal no BS Lucille.  I think he shakes things up and brings common sense back to the SecDef role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 09:03:30 PM »
He's another George Patton

other nations military's are gonna get scared at the prospect of what he may allow "His" troops to do.

I don't see PC a consideration placed over tactical necessities.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 04:59:57 PM »
Definitely looking forward to GEN Mattis as SECDEF. Like Don said, he does not kowtow to the PC police. With his at the wheel, I expect we will get back to our original charter, to defend the Constitution, and the United States. Look to see the focus change from social engineering to combatting our enemies. I see the same happening with the Director of Homeland Security, another retired Marine.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal