VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Tires, Wheels, and Suspension

Kelly Edge?

(1/2) > >>

stewie:
So the dealer put Kelly Edge rubber on the front tires of the soon to be mine K2500 suburban. I have a serious OCD about symetry and matching components so first order of business is getting new meat on the rear.

Would the Kelly Edge be a good option all around or should i replace all 4 and keep those 2 as spares?

KensAuto:
Door #2. jmho

stewie:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on January 13, 2017, 08:23:50 AM ---Door #2. jmho

--- End quote ---

replace all 4?

when it comes to tires i dont play games. I wanna have the best meat on the wheels as i can.

KensAuto:
Wait, so it still has Geolanders in the back?

As far as kellys.... just not very common. Probably a step up from the china ones at pep  boys, but when it comes to a heavy rig like a suburban, I would stick to a name brand that's known to handle the extra weight , especially when the wife/kids is going to be primary driver. Either leave it the way it is, til the kellys wear out, or do all 4.     Again, just my opinion.

stewie:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on January 13, 2017, 08:38:31 AM ---Wait, so it still has Geolanders in the back?

As far as kellys.... just not very common. Probably a step up from the china ones at pep  boys, but when it comes to a heavy rig like a suburban, I would stick to a name brand that's known to handle the extra weight , especially when the wife/kids is going to be primary driver. Either leave it the way it is, til the kellys wear out, or do all 4.     Again, just my opinion.

--- End quote ---

i know the dealer is going to put the cheapest they can find on it - to pass inspection. I'm not expecting to pull blood from a stone with them, but i wanna make sure the rig is squared away.

I may just swap out all 4 and call it a day. I can do my usually calls locally and beat them all up on prices till I get them for under cost. lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version