Hello Guest

Author Topic: So, I want a vehicle...  (Read 6079 times)

OldKooT

Re: So, I want a vehicle...
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2017, 09:03:25 AM »
LoL.... the road goes across the river "cement pad crossing" My Mom drove across with no issue in her Crown Vic. Kay followed and the current was enough to push the rear of the Burb off the cement pad and got it hung up on the frame. At that point they bailed out and called me. It washed down stream 75' or so upside down before I got there. Her only comment on the entire deal was the Suburban isn't half the car a crown Vic is LoL

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2017, 10:11:41 AM »
I think Mike got you on that one Norm. lol
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2017, 11:05:09 AM »
I have been hitting all over the map on what I want to buy.

For a time I was considering a Ram Power Wagon. But I already own a great 3/4 ton truck which is pretty off road capable. Mine is probably not as good as a power wagon, but for years now it has served me well and has actually been off road almost every month (week??) I have owned it. So obviously it is working pretty well

Then I became interested in the Colorado ZR2 truck. With it I get a smaller package that I can actually park in a normal parking space. And it should deliver incredible fuel mileage. It should be a good parts runner as well and haul the family to church.

But it's expensive and although I could afford the purchase, I'd be buying something that would depreciate rapidly, forcing me to keep it more or less, forever.

I like heavy duty trucks. I like plenty of space like my crew cab gives me. I have a need to travel every so often and would like to store my baggage inside. If I want to pull off for a brief nap, I'd like space to do that as well. I want to buy something that I feel is a good buy for the money, so that speaks to used, 3/4 ton, heavy duty and spacious.

All that points right at a 3/4 ton Suburban or Yukon XL.

So I started looking at them. Looking all the way back to the 2001 year model. I have some experience here, we owned a 2004 1500 Suburban Z-71 for a long time. It was a great truck for people/baby moving chores. I seem to perfer the GMT-900 platform debuting in 07 and running forward to a couple years ago.

But I have seen a couple of outstanding older 3/4 ton Suburbans with that 496 cu in big block engine.

So, I'm now also considering 3/4 ton Surburbans from 2001 to 2012 with an eye on a 07-newer with the 6.0 engine.

What do we think about all that?

Wasn't this the theme,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

OldKooT

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2017, 11:29:24 AM »
Yeah Ken I'd say he did.... Issue is my wife can drive like anything anywhere. She once backed a semi and pup grain trailers a mile. She has gone as fast as 8 sec flat in the 1/4 mile. She has jumped a full size Bronco in the the dunes of Glamis. She auto crosses, ice races, truck pulls...shes damn good with a track hoe.... but she lacks that "mechanical sympathy" that says stop now or you'll destroy something LoL

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2017, 01:41:23 PM »
lacks that "mechanical sympathy" that says stop now or you'll destroy something LoL

Is she related to Don?  :popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2017, 02:33:28 PM »
That's what I was thinking ^^^^
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2017, 03:24:27 PM »
Naw... Miss Kay just has these installed in all of her vehicles...  :cool:

Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2017, 03:36:46 PM »
It's definitely one of the above.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal