Hello Guest

Author Topic: BSA.allowing transgendered kids into their programs  (Read 2502 times)

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
BSA.allowing transgendered kids into their programs
« on: January 31, 2017, 09:08:51 AM »
I really don't know what to say,except that sadly I knew it would happen, just a matter of time. I've got five boys, two that are old enough to be in scouts and this makes me uncomfortable.  Especially when you start talking about campouts and extended scout camps, the risk of something either happening or just the accusation of something happening is too great. Not to mention confusing our young men when they are at a most vulnerable stage of their development. Don't get me wrong, I feel horrible for the already confused youths that have been misled and confused by their parents and society.  But this isn't going to help anything except protect their delicate sensibilities and give rise to additional opportunities for the money grubbers(lawyers) to take someone else's hard earned money.

Maybe I'm off base, I don't think so, but I trust that you all will set me straight(?) If I am.

Dave

PS.:  no coffee was ingested prior to this rant, so take it for what it is.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: BSA.allowing transgendered kids into their programs
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 09:23:30 AM »
Pretty simple, vote with your feet if it doesn't conform to your ideals.

I don't buy girl scout cookies and I don't donate to BSA fundraisers either. I've never been involved with either and can't say I'm a fan.

To those of you who are involve in such things and if it makes you feel good then good for you, just not my thing. On the flip side if it doesn't sit well with you then you have a choice.

I was never in boy scouts and don't feel I was adversely affected, just saying.

Edit: I'm sure quite a few on here would disagree with my last statement and I am ok with that as well....... :popcorn:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 09:25:50 AM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 09:38:39 AM »
I'm with you regarding voting with my feet. I'm going to see how my local unit handles it short term and go from there. We have a church unit only encampment, so we'll see. Beyond that, there always trail life or I just start taking them to the farm a lot more and it gives me more time and hands tl build a new family Cass there.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:10:31 AM »
Dave, Shawn won't be of any help. He is still trying to figure out his gender.   :kiss:
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 11:36:28 AM »
Is that called "gender fluid"?  Isn't there a dipstick to check that?   :facepalm:

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 11:52:12 AM »
Dave, Shawn won't be of any help. He is still trying to figure out his gender.   :kiss:

Ken, I could see how the gender thing may be confusing for you seeing how your GF H is hard to distinguish what she is or was..........

Oh, and please no more kissing smiley faces. That's just wrong......... :rolleyes:

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 06:47:18 PM »
Queer Scouts of America.

I wanna see the interior design and social activist badges now.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »
Community organization.....

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 07:57:04 PM »
im sorry, this is some bullllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

how the hell can a kid 5+ or whatever be transgender!?!?!!?

when i was 5 all i cared about were legos and playing with my dads tools. now these kids are being fed this bs at this age?
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 08:39:08 PM »
Not smart enough or responsible enough to buy a beer until 21 in most places. Cant buy a rifle until 18, handgun until 21. Military service, not until 18 without a parents permission. But you can decide your heavenly Father made a mistake putting you in your body at around 5 years old, decide to get an abortion or birth control pills through the school nurse (without parental consent) at 13 or so.

Somehow I think things have gotten a little screwed up. I heard on the radio this morning that the child that started the furore last year with the cub scouts. Her mom said she decided that she was a boy at 2 years old.  Just wow.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 09:29:33 PM »
im sorry, this is some bullllllllllllllsssssssssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

how the hell can a kid 5+ or whatever be transgender!?!?!!?

when i was 5 all i cared about were legos and playing with my dads tools. now these kids are being fed this bs at this age?
Evil never stops
Parents are owned by the devil whether they realize it or not
Creating curses and generational sin...
Devil likes such things
Life is light or dark
Everyone gets to choose. No gray, just light and dark...Choose!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 09:32:53 PM »
Not smart enough or responsible enough to buy a beer until 21 in most places. Cant buy a rifle until 18, handgun until 21. Military service, not until 18 without a parents permission. But you can decide your heavenly Father made a mistake putting you in your body at around 5 years old, decide to get an abortion or birth control pills through the school nurse (without parental consent) at 13 or so.

Somehow I think things have gotten a little screwed up. I heard on the radio this morning that the child that started the furore last year with the cub scouts. Her mom said she decided that she was a boy at 2 years old.  Just wow.
A Little???????????????

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 11:21:52 PM »
With all my kids in Scouts, this was always and issue with me. I sent letters to voice my opinion and since it is based in Sac here I hear about it. Their hands are tied with lawsuits are the issues. Because of the TORT laws they just can't fight it off anymore.

Many kids left when they gave in to Homosexuals a couple years ago as well as supporters. Right now they are backed by the LDS churches which also have their own rules.

Now, I have not been confronted directly with the issue in our pack/troop and don't see it as an issue so far, but I hate where it has gone.

I wish they would get some BALLS and stand up for the morals they teach!!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 05:18:47 AM »
LDS church announced yesterday they are going to examine the changes and decide what they need to do, so our support is not a given any longer. If the LDS church pulls out of BSA,that will hurt them more than BSA could realistically deal with roughly 40000 units and a half.million scouts. I personally hope they do pull out and start their own program, not sure if they could or would join trail life or one of the others.

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 08:53:27 AM »
can i please have a source for this news? i am still beside myself here.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline Superwhdm

• I'm a super welder husband dad man!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 08:57:44 AM »
Do you fellas believe this is just an extreme version of the "participation trophy" thinking?  I mean, as long as you show up right and you can be anything you want.
Car or Truck-Truck
Rural or City-Rural
Early morning or late night-Early Morning
Hard work or Easy Work-Smart Work

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2017, 09:22:58 AM »
I think it is Satan and nothing less.

Erode the family and you get the nation

In my view men of God are the cornerstones of the family. Those men, well seated in a belief of God and Jesus were very strong and not easily changed. They were given powers (Freedom) to care for and watch over their families as they saw fit. A Godly man goes to the Lord first, then tenders his love over his family, who grows up knowing their Lord and God

So the first attack was to de-masculine males in America. On that count, I'd say the man-bun girly man/girl thing I see running about is about as entered in Christ as a BB in a wash machine. Most guys today can't find their butts with both hands, but find it easier to find the butts of the guy standing next to them!

I'm disgusted with men these days. No courage, no real fight in them, because if there was, we'd all stand up and go kick this liberal cancer right out of our once God-fearing nation and return it to common sense and proper function.

The demons are about and in great number. Every time you give up, they essentially win.

One word men of God:

STAND!

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2017, 09:32:55 AM »

In my view men of God are the cornerstones of the family. Those men, well seated in a belief of God and Jesus were very strong and not easily changed. They were given powers (Freedom) to care for and watch over their families as they saw fit. A Godly man goes to the Lord first, then tenders his love over his family, who grows up knowing their Lord and God

So the first attack was to de-masculine males in America. On that count, I'd say the man-bun girly man/girl thing I see running about is about as entered in Christ as a BB in a wash machine. Most guys today can't find their butts with both hands, but find it easier to find the butts of the guy standing next to them!

I'm disgusted with men these days. No courage, no real fight in them, because if there was, we'd all stand up and go kick this liberal cancer right out of our once God-fearing nation and return it to common sense and proper function.

The demons are about and in great number. Every time you give up, they essentially win.

One word men of God:

STAND!

they teach boys to sit down to take a piss these days. you are right when you speak of the cornerstone. the man is is the head of the household in the eyes of God, not the woman. the woman will be that way to fill the vacuum if she sees the man isn't doing his job.

I am a tail end gen x-er and it disgusts me how feminized the "men" around my age are.

just how communism took over without a shot being fired, feminism has managed to strip an entire gender of its identity. little by little. now we have "men" dressed up like vaginas protesting at women's rallies.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2017, 06:40:39 PM »

One word men of God:

STAND!

they teach boys to sit down to take a piss these days. you are right when you speak of the cornerstone. the man is is the head of the household in the eyes of God, not the woman. the woman will be that way to fill the vacuum if she sees the man isn't doing his job.

I am a tail end gen x-er and it disgusts me how feminized the "men" around my age are.

just how communism took over without a shot being fired, feminism has managed to strip an entire gender of its identity. little by little. now we have "men" dressed up like vaginas protesting at women's rallies.

I guess that proves that inappropriate "slang" word we used for "wimps" was accurate based upon their chosen costumes?   :cry:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2017, 10:07:19 PM »
I will chime in,    I have been a long time scouter. Long time eagle and long time supporter of local boys-men-youth programs. I still feel that the lord has his hand in this one way or another. 

Boys still need guidance, boys still need to learn tolerance AND!!! To stand up for what they believe in. 

I have long ago been against the LDS church's involvement in the BSA program as from the BSA side, to many rules conflict with each other.

As a scout leader in a LDS troop I have actually been asked to stop participating in our troop because I disciplined a boy when he was being far far out of line in front of the rest of the troop, guests and a senior lady who we were presenting to, I did so with a aggressive manner, in front of two other leaders, I did not physically harm or hurt the youth, I grabbed him by the nape of his collar. The scout lied and told his father I shoved him to the ground and I raised my hand to hit him. The two other adults stood besides me to the boys parent and spoke the truth as I had. The LDS Bishope told me that if I can't deal with children I need to not be there, The boy was in the wrong my other two leaders agreed, so I washed my hands of the troop since the boys come with no discipline or respect for what they are apart of.   The dissension is real with the youth here in Utah.   

I believe the LDS troops will poll out of the BSA and start its own boys youth program more centered on Christ less on the camping type skills. But all of this will come at a cost to the boys, less camp areas, less freedoms as a troop and more budgets to follow based off of your geographic location and wealth of the community which will hurt the boys.

The boys in LDS troops are forced mostly here by parents to come so the parents get a break the the leaders become baby sitters of America.

I have found another troop not sponsored by the LDS church and am working on a move to that troop with a coworker. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2017, 11:08:22 AM »
I will chime in,    I have been a long time scouter. Long time eagle and long time supporter of local boys-men-youth programs. I still feel that the lord has his hand in this one way or another. 

Boys still need guidance, boys still need to learn tolerance AND!!! To stand up for what they believe in. 

I have long ago been against the LDS church's involvement in the BSA program as from the BSA side, to many rules conflict with each other.

As a scout leader in a LDS troop I have actually been asked to stop participating in our troop because I disciplined a boy when he was being far far out of line in front of the rest of the troop, guests and a senior lady who we were presenting to, I did so with a aggressive manner, in front of two other leaders, I did not physically harm or hurt the youth, I grabbed him by the nape of his collar. The scout lied and told his father I shoved him to the ground and I raised my hand to hit him. The two other adults stood besides me to the boys parent and spoke the truth as I had. The LDS Bishope told me that if I can't deal with children I need to not be there, The boy was in the wrong my other two leaders agreed, so I washed my hands of the troop since the boys come with no discipline or respect for what they are apart of.   The dissension is real with the youth here in Utah.   

I believe the LDS troops will poll out of the BSA and start its own boys youth program more centered on Christ less on the camping type skills. But all of this will come at a cost to the boys, less camp areas, less freedoms as a troop and more budgets to follow based off of your geographic location and wealth of the community which will hurt the boys.

The boys in LDS troops are forced mostly here by parents to come so the parents get a break the the leaders become baby sitters of America.

I have found another troop not sponsored by the LDS church and am working on a move to that troop with a coworker. 

Well, I'm not a Mormon, but I sure support your stance!

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2017, 02:52:37 PM »
Dave, I support your stance as well.  I, too, am an Eagle scout and I am ashamed of what the BSA program has become in the last decade (earned my Eagle in 2004).  If I ever have a son, I was looking forward to getting him involved in scouting, that is up until these recent events...  Now i'm not so sure.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »
Funny thing is this has not even been brought up in news letter or the district news that I have read. The original "gay" issue was and I stated my point well and often.

We have about 25 members in our "scout lead" troop and have seen non of this rear its head. With the morals the BSA is supposed to stand for I do not see how it would work.

A don't ask, don't tell view may have worked better.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
The main reason I started scouts was because of the difunctional youth in the area, I figured I had better start helping.  Well it's not helping and costs me to much to deal with the negative I receive from them 

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2017, 06:04:01 PM »
I participated in AWANA as a youth and as it is Faith Based and church sponsored, these issues would have a tough time gaining traction I would think. 

Sad to see the BSA succumb to the progressive poison of Secular Progressive thought.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2017, 06:10:26 PM »
What other programs are there like bsa?   Someone said something about trial.......

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 06:28:27 PM »
Dave, I support your stance as well.  I, too, am an Eagle scout and I am ashamed of what the BSA program has become in the last decade (earned my Eagle in 2004).  If I ever have a son, I was looking forward to getting him involved in scouting, that is up until these recent events...  Now i'm not so sure.
I was starting to feel the same way about getting my pre-rangers into the real ranger school...

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 07:17:42 AM »
I really don't think you will see a girlboy join an existing troop. Possable yes but more likely you will see someone start thier own troop with only one member.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal